A Cradle at the End of Time - Total Overhaul and Origin
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Elidien  [developer] Jan 8, 2023 @ 7:11pm
Bugs and Issues
Post em 'ere
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
samsockeater Jan 12, 2023 @ 5:56pm 
the non precursor version seems to keep crashing, this based off of having started a game with the precursor and it mostly working, and trying thrice to start with the non fancy version and it crashing thrice
Elidien  [developer] Jan 12, 2023 @ 6:15pm 
Originally posted by samsockeater:
the non precursor version seems to keep crashing, this based off of having started a game with the precursor and it mostly working, and trying thrice to start with the non fancy version and it crashing thrice

Thats odd but I will admit I have tested the Precursor version more than the other as the version I was personally planning on using. In the next update when I get a chance to work on it some more I was also going to add a Gestalt option set with some different flavor and traits to go with them, so I will look at that when making the other origin variants.
Elidien  [developer] Jan 12, 2023 @ 6:19pm 
Until I hash out the next update (can work again on the weekend) try moving my mod to the bottom of your load order and see if it still crashes. That will at least rule out the mod itself being funky or a funky interaction with another mod is happening.
Last edited by Elidien; Jan 12, 2023 @ 6:21pm
samsockeater Jan 12, 2023 @ 6:24pm 
it's at the lowest point on it already but i've fixed ish a different issue so don't need to restart now

the lack of icons for the precursor traits means they take the icons from elsewhere, got one of them dressed up as the bulky trait for machines
Elidien  [developer] Jan 12, 2023 @ 6:27pm 
Originally posted by samsockeater:
it's at the lowest point on it already but i've fixed ish a different issue so don't need to restart now

the lack of icons for the precursor traits means they take the icons from elsewhere, got one of them dressed up as the bulky trait for machines

*Dear lord I forgot the trait icons* well that will definitely be the first fix then. Absolutely silly mistake.
Rodogorgon Jan 13, 2023 @ 2:10pm 
The Quasarcraft mod seems to cause the game to crash when starting a new save with the precursor origin.
Haerzog Jan 14, 2023 @ 10:39pm 
I loaded my game and all the precursor traits had disappeared. They still show up in new race creation, but not on the game reload.
Elidien  [developer] Jan 14, 2023 @ 10:50pm 
Originally posted by Haerzog:
I loaded my game and all the precursor traits had disappeared. They still show up in new race creation, but not on the game reload.

To help avoid a shared identity with another mod that was discovered, the trait ids were renamed.

Try using the add_trait_species command with the following ids for the (I presume) origin Precursor traits:

trait_elidien_apogenum
trait_elidien_united
trait_elidien_deep_empathy
trait_elidien_ethereal
trait_elidien_mythic_artificers
Last edited by Elidien; Jan 14, 2023 @ 10:52pm
Elidien  [developer] Jan 14, 2023 @ 10:52pm 
So a full example:

add_trait_species 0 trait_elidien_apogenum

(The 0 is your species ID, usually 0 for player species)
Haerzog Jan 14, 2023 @ 10:53pm 
Thanks!
LemonKnight Jan 15, 2023 @ 6:26pm 
I was playing a game, and after the update, suddenly all my leaders died of age.
I didn't see anyone mention it in comments or in the description, but gateways are unresearchable in this mod since there's a weight x0 weight on gateway activation tech if you haven't found any gateways. Is this intentional?
Quin_D Jan 20, 2023 @ 8:59pm 
same thing with L-gates, they never appear, which locks you out of the L-cluster
Tiny Turtle Jan 22, 2023 @ 3:03am 
I launched the mod with the suggested extra mods and nothing else. The first time I launched it, it crashed. The second time though, it worked perfectly. That means it's probably an issue on my end, but I just wanted to post here in case people have the same issue and suggest they try again at least once. :)
Quin_D Jan 22, 2023 @ 8:19pm 
about halfway through midgame, marauders appear in the contacts tab, and even spawn fleets if you dont bribe them, even tho the systems theyre in are still empty
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50