Crusader Kings III

Crusader Kings III

Sappho's Daughter II
SirChaos77 Dec 9, 2023 @ 5:17am
Holy Sites
I´m thinking that, instead using mostly Christian holy sites, the Cult of Lilith would have more flavor if its holy sites were connected to women in history and/or myth who the cult (and the player character) could now take revenge on men for.

Lesbos of course is the perfect holy site for the cult.
Rome can represent Lucretia (the Rape of Lucretia was essentially the impetus for the founding of the Roman Republic, at least according to Roman tradition)
Carthage can represent Queen Dido, who killed herself after Aeneas abandoned her to fulfill his destiny.
Farz (or another site in Persia) can represent Scheherzade (or rather all the women the King married and killed before her) from "Tales of 1001 Nights"
Worms (not sure if it´s a county, otherwise Cologne could stand in) can represent Brünhild of the Nibelungen saga; Brünhild is Queen of Iceland in the saga, but Reykjavik is too isolated IMHO.

What do you think? Does anyone have any other fitting ideas for holy sites?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
rauchst Jan 6 @ 10:08pm 
I very much like the idea! I haven't tried the mod yet, but I'm going to.

A very powerful woman in Finnish mythology (Kalevala) was Louhi - the Mistress of the North, a powerful sorceress and a ruler by her own right. I believe her site would be in Oulu region (just bordering the northern tip of the Baltic Sea.
Last edited by rauchst; Jan 6 @ 10:08pm
EjoThims Jan 26 @ 8:55am 
I think spreading it all out a bit so it's harder to take them all but easier to grab one or two from different regions and having less victimized woman represented could both be positive, so you could just use Reykjavik, imo.

Then maybe also sub in Boudica (for historic reference) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudica or the Morrigan (for mythological reference) https://loraobrien.ie/morrigan-irish-mythology/ instead of like Rome or Carthage.
EjoThims Jan 31 @ 10:18am 
Another option that just occurred to me (depending on how hard you want to go into Lilith lore) would be to have one representing the Garden of Eden (in CK3 most likely roughly around Mosul) as something with major bonuses or even events revolving around capturing (or even desecrating/destroying) the place she was exiled from for not submitting to Adam's unwelcome advances.

Could even do events for such without making it one of the holy sites, really.
SirChaos77 Jan 31 @ 12:31pm 
Originally posted by EjoThims:
Another option that just occurred to me (depending on how hard you want to go into Lilith lore) would be to have one representing the Garden of Eden (in CK3 most likely roughly around Mosul) as something with major bonuses or even events revolving around capturing (or even desecrating/destroying) the place she was exiled from for not submitting to Adam's unwelcome advances.

Could even do events for such without making it one of the holy sites, really.

Interesting idea.

Maybe any time you capture a county that contains a holy place for any Abrahamic faith, you get the option to desecrate it, granting you some kind of bonus in exchange for a permanent opinion penalty with all adherents of any faith who has that county as a holy site.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50