Software Inc.

World Wide Web (Beta 1)
Kings sword9 May 21, 2022 @ 9:51am
Bugs
Just a place to post some bugs!
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Kings sword9 May 21, 2022 @ 9:54am 
hello Relish. It seems that maybe your mod has a bug in it? or its a compatiblity issue. (might not be able to fix?)

I have this mod and the mod Ultimate Expansion 2.0 - Now with more software changes and fixed prices installed.

It seems like alot of categories or types generate the same name. For example:
Piracy type has roughly 10 companies or in the early 2000's with a product with the name Sailbay.
This is also the same for a few other types like Q&A etc.

when clicking the details tab per product it seems to be a different product each with the same name.
Kings sword9 May 21, 2022 @ 10:28am 
the duplicate names is inside the namegen of this mod. This mod does not have empty names on it own.

So maybe look into limiting the amount of duplicate names per type?
relish  [developer] May 21, 2022 @ 12:22pm 
Originally posted by Kings sword9:
the duplicate names is inside the namegen of this mod. This mod does not have empty names on it own.

So maybe look into limiting the amount of duplicate names per type?

Should be fixed now. I limited the amount of products for piracy and Q&A and added a few more names to the namegen. The beginning might be the same for some but the ending should be different. For example there might be "Wahoo! Answers" and "Wahoo! Help Desk".
Kings sword9 May 22, 2022 @ 4:31am 
Good job on fixing it this fast! i shall test it again for you (in year 2050) next week.
You got one of the better mod on here (extensive types of software and cool names 😎).

As a CS student i know or have used some of these softwares, so it makes the game waaaaay more fun.

I have been trying to change your software to subscription based (in the ui checkbox) and in code (alot harder haha.... i guess thats why you havent yet lol).

It seems for now that the UI checkbox sort of works? it gives you stats even though your mod has a default of 0 dollars. I shall inform you next week of my findings if i have time :steamthumbsup:
relish  [developer] May 22, 2022 @ 10:02am 
Originally posted by Kings sword9:
Good job on fixing it this fast! i shall test it again for you (in year 2050) next week.
You got one of the better mod on here (extensive types of software and cool names 😎).

As a CS student i know or have used some of these softwares, so it makes the game waaaaay more fun.

I have been trying to change your software to subscription based (in the ui checkbox) and in code (alot harder haha.... i guess thats why you havent yet lol).

It seems for now that the UI checkbox sort of works? it gives you stats even though your mod has a default of 0 dollars. I shall inform you next week of my findings if i have time :steamthumbsup:
Thanks :steamhappy:! I'm pretty interested in web development so I thought it would be pretty cool to be able to create websites in software inc.

Subscriptions are a percentage of the IdealPrice. I don't remember what the percentage is, maybe 6% or something? There isn't a way to set the subscription price directly though, at least I don't think there is.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50