Ravenfield

Ravenfield

[EA25] Offshore Scuffle
SudoName  [developer] May 12, 2021 @ 7:00pm
Dev Commentary
Time to start writing these dev commentaries again.

I made this map because SWOKE, a fellow modder, asked for a naval map to test his upcoming boat mod. He liked the water I used in my personal testing map and wanted a large ocean to test his boat with. I told SWOKE I'd get it done in three days.
In three days, I got the map done.

The original version I sent to SWOKE was originally called "swoke boat map" and only had the oil rig and none of the carriers. The helicopter and rhib weren't there either.
Both teams spawned on cubes with attack boats around the cube so SWOKE could test his mod. I modelled the oil rig so that there would be something to block the bots' vision and prevent spawn sniping.

SWOKE sent me a message about whether or not I'd expand the map with dogfights and infantry combat. I said that I didn't feel motivated to continue working on the map, so SWOKE asked if I could at least upload it to the workshop so he could credit my map for upcoming screenshots. I agreed to at least release it, but I have some standards for my works. I modeled the carriers, added plane spawns and here we are.

The helicopter and rhib near the oil rig are both animated to move. The rhib bobs with the water while the helicopter's rotors spin and the helicopter lightly sways. The carriers' radars both rotate as well. These animations make the map slightly more lively and fits with how energetic the water is.

I need to get that Overgrown remake from CoD 4 out before June or else I'll never end up finishing it. :(
Last edited by SudoName; May 12, 2021 @ 7:02pm