Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Galactic Republic Civilization - Chancellor Palpatine
Anargo19  [developer] Mar 15, 2021 @ 6:28am
Suggestions
You can put suggestions here
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
TheRucks36 Mar 15, 2021 @ 7:14am 
phase 2 clonetroopers as a mechanised infantry replacement?
eurritz Mar 15, 2021 @ 4:50pm 
support for nomina mod would be interesting
Mewstang  [developer] Mar 17, 2021 @ 2:49am 
Originally posted by TheRucks36:
phase 2 clonetroopers as a mechanised infantry replacement?
We'll see. We want to make civilizations which are not totally unbalanced, both for games against AI and against other pple.
There are few civilization which have more than 1 UU, and they are incredibly strong (Macedon, USA (Teddy Rough Rider) & Hungary).
Especially the Hungary, with which you can upgrade your black army into Huszàr.
We fear that the push would be too much efficient if you can up your CT (which are already strong and have an oppressive push) into another strong unit.
Still, if you have suggestions (not too busted), we could test a 2nd UU !
Mewstang  [developer] Mar 17, 2021 @ 3:57am 
Originally posted by eurritz:
support for nomina mod would be interesting
We discussed a bit about this possibility, and it seems to be problematic as our nomenclature is already defined. To be precise, we called the civilization a republic, and adding nomina would make the title (for example) "Galactic republic monarchy" which doesn't fit with the lore. Furthermore, Palpatine's status is not well defined, and calling it a "President" seems illogical. And we try to respect the lore as much as this game allow it.
We will still keep this idea, if more requests appear!
American_Caeser Mar 17, 2021 @ 9:14am 
more custom units just as time goes on maybe the AT-TE as a replacement for tanks. Y wing for bomber, Arc-170 for fighter, LAAT for helicopter.
Mewstang  [developer] Mar 17, 2021 @ 9:32am 
Originally posted by ntgrounded:
more custom units just as time goes on maybe the AT-TE as a replacement for tanks. Y wing for bomber, Arc-170 for fighter, LAAT for helicopter.
As Anargo19 replied in the comments, we cannot allow so much UU per civilization, we will have to distribute them to several civilizations. But don't worry, other civilizations will be made, and you'll can play with some of these units!
He might make another mod which would replace actual unit by Star Wars units. But nothing is sure.
MacLachlan Mar 17, 2021 @ 5:42pm 
Isn't needed to create more units for replacement, but would be great to have only visual changes
Make People Happy
Spy- IG Unit
Secret Socity Replacement - Sith
Rock Band- Bith Cantina Band
Death Robot = Dark Jedi/ Inquisitor
Last On Either of the Long A$$ Trees= Vader:steamhappy:
also Not Bad thing to get An Oposing Force or 2 3 whatever
Rebelion, Hutts, Opposing Empire Protaganast mabie not Thrawn
But The Imperial Civil War is a Good Refrence for Charactors

forgive the mispelling
jamesgarcia51396 Mar 20, 2021 @ 1:08am 
if you can eventually add other star wars civilizations, so you can have an actual galaxy at war type thing. also I've been using the vampires as a sort of jedi type thing maybe make it a jedi or sith class
Mewstang  [developer] Mar 22, 2021 @ 10:20am 
Originally posted by jamesgarcia51396:
if you can eventually add other star wars civilizations, so you can have an actual galaxy at war type thing. also I've been using the vampires as a sort of jedi type thing maybe make it a jedi or sith class

We will add more star wars civilization, that's exactly our goal !
We don't plan adding modifications about secret societies right now, but the idea is interesting ! However, we're already thinking about an adaptation of the Heroes & Legends mode. There might be jedi hehe
Mewstang  [developer] Mar 22, 2021 @ 10:26am 
Originally posted by Jack Napier:
Make People Happy
Spy- IG Unit
Secret Socity Replacement - Sith
Rock Band- Bith Cantina Band
Death Robot = Dark Jedi/ Inquisitor
Last On Either of the Long A$$ Trees= Vader:steamhappy:
also Not Bad thing to get An Oposing Force or 2 3 whatever
Rebelion, Hutts, Opposing Empire Protaganast mabie not Thrawn
But The Imperial Civil War is a Good Refrence for Charactors

forgive the mispelling

We discussed a lot about some of yours idea. We don't want to simply reskin the game, though the idea of the cantina band made us laugh.
As I said in the previous message, we're not planning to adapt Secret Societies, for some lore reasons, and balancing issues. But if we gather more compatible ideas, we might rethink it twice.
Concerning hobbits opposing factions, we plan to add more civilizations! But I won't spoil which one are planned
fantasyphilly88 Jun 5, 2021 @ 5:25am 
love it but is there a way to make it compatible with civilization expanded and/or steel and thunder? I run those a lot in my games and they just make the republic a weak civ :(
Anargo19  [developer] Jun 30, 2021 @ 4:14am 
Originally posted by fantasyphilly88:
love it but is there a way to make it compatible with civilization expanded and/or steel and thunder? I run those a lot in my games and they just make the republic a weak civ :(

I'll maybe try to make it compatible, but for the moment I still have a sub mod of this one to launch and I have a lot of work in my studies, so I can't promise
TheStoked Jul 24, 2021 @ 2:47am 
Anakin as a faction speicifc hero that can be summoned through the heros and legends mode?
Mewstang  [developer] Jul 31, 2021 @ 4:36am 
Originally posted by JimJamJimiJimJaRoo:
Anakin as a faction speicifc hero that can be summoned through the heros and legends mode?

The Heroes and Legends mode is already a project (and precisely, we chosed Obi Wan over Anakin), yet, because of studies and now holidays, it may take a while to finish it. Furthermore, we haven't found yet a satsfiying way to "privatise" heroes for a certain faction, we may take a look, but we can't promise anything
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50