Don't Starve Together

Don't Starve Together

Waroline, the Artist
<default>  [developer] Jan 2, 2021 @ 11:13am
FAQ
Q: Does Waroline have a favorite food?
A: Yes. It's Fishsticks, and it's worth +15 Hunger.

Q: Is this character based on your girlfriend?
A: Yes. My girlfriend's name is Caroline, and Waroline is obviously a play on it.

Q: Why is a meaningless "allergy" negative perk even a thing?
A: It's simply because this character is based on a real person and I wanted to reference that in-game.

Q: But the "Slow Eater" negative doesn't even matter!
A: It's a small nerf to food healing. Waroline may be in trouble if she wants to heal up fast while trying to get away from a group of enemies.

Additionally, this character is NOT meant to be "hard mode".
The game is challenging by itself, and this mod basically lets the newer players get familiar with game's mechanics.

Q: Why did you decide that this mod will be dedicated for newer players?
A: Because my girlfriend, who I made this mod primarily for, is new to Don't Starve. I want her to have a fun time.

Q: Sketches are too darn good!
A: You can only have 1 sketch at a time and when it *poofs* out of existence, you basically lost all the food used to craft it from your stomach for nothing.

Q: Do you have plans for more?
A: Not really. I may add some QoL stuff in the future or a couple of skins, but nothing major. I consider this mod to be finished.
Last edited by <default>; Jan 2, 2021 @ 11:29am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Is there a difference between the beefalo sketch and the koalefant sketch? I tested carrying statues with them for a little bit and they felt the same to me.
Also is it okay to put suggestions in this Q&A or should I leave something like that in the normal mod discussion thread?
<default>  [developer] Feb 1, 2021 @ 1:29pm 
Originally posted by Tar Belt:
Is there a difference between the beefalo sketch and the koalefant sketch? I tested carrying statues with them for a little bit and they felt the same to me.
Also is it okay to put suggestions in this Q&A or should I leave something like that in the normal mod discussion thread?
Beefalo and Koalefant sketches act basically the same. A lot of differences are between them in regards to how their graphics had to be built (it is a lot more complicated than it seems).

The reason for this balance is because while changing speed/damage for one of them, the other would become obsolete.

As for suggestions, you can post them here or in the mod's comment section. I don't mind.
Last edited by <default>; Feb 1, 2021 @ 1:29pm
Hey uhhh someone with the steam username jeremylefou took this mod made their own mod with changes added to the character and just left a link to yours as credit i guess. I'm not a hundred percent sure that this mod is needed their mod to work.
Did you give permission for this and while we're at it what is your position on editing your mods and posting them on the workshop?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2369922505
<default>  [developer] Feb 9, 2021 @ 8:03pm 
Originally posted by Tar Belt:
Hey uhhh someone with the steam username jeremylefou took this mod made their own mod with changes added to the character and just left a link to yours as credit i guess. I'm not a hundred percent sure that this mod is needed their mod to work.
Did you give permission for this and while we're at it what is your position on editing your mods and posting them on the workshop?
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2369922505
Hi. I know about this and me, along with other people, have reported this mod multiple times. I have also asked to remove it, but the guy deleted my comment. Steam does not care and I cannot do anything about this...
aski Jul 5, 2021 @ 1:25pm 
is there a way to make her have more than one sketch at a time? this mod is my fav and i'd just love for that to be possible
<default>  [developer] Jul 5, 2021 @ 1:34pm 
Originally posted by aski:
is there a way to make her have more than one sketch at a time? this mod is my fav and i'd just love for that to be possible
I'm looking into updating this mod in the near future.
Not possible to have more sketches than 1 at the moment.
<default>  [developer] Jul 24, 2021 @ 2:17pm 
Originally posted by aski:
Hi there, I just made this setting a thing.
Took me a while, but it should work smoothly now!
for some reason i can't draw anything on the ground, theres a button or something
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50