Stellaris

Stellaris

Nomads: The wondering Void Farers 2.6
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Spartan878  [developer] Mar 31, 2020 @ 8:08pm
Void Farers
What are Void Farers?
Void Farers are empires that primarily live aboard their ships, stations, and other voidcraft. The Play style of Void Farers as a result is different from other empires. At the start of the game all Void Farers.
-Gain level two technologies including the first robot tech.
-Marauders and Reavers can build Raider Ships.
-Void Farers are not destroyed until they lose every last one of their planets (colonized ones), Starbases, Arkships, and Juggernauts if they have them.
-Be able to build starbase modules and buildings that have their resource output increased as you research technology (EX. a mining hub will have it’s output increased for every mine tech you have)
-Build Resource Platforms by default (see Void Farer Economy)
-Void Farers are not normally able to gain subjects and their wargoals are limited.
-Void Farers in addition ignore and do not respect borders,but their own borders are do not block off others

Void Farer Economy
Void Farers are unique in that they do not need planets for their economical needs (even though they still start with a "planet"). Void farers can build starbase modules and by default have access to resource platforms which are built in the starbase defenses tab. Nomads and Ancient Drones can build energy and mining ships (they grant you resources passively). Resource Platforms and Void dwellings will have their production increased by technologies and effects that improve mining and research station output. All Void Farers can build Foundry ships which eat a big chunk of minerals but also generate a large amount of Alloys.

Void farers are not known for having a large territory and the influence cost of their Starbases is 50% more than other empires (If they lose their last system the cost instead becomes 0 so they can rebuild elsewhere).
Hint- The outpost starbases that don't show up in the outliner by default can have 3 defenses while if you have the perk Eternal Vigialence increases that number by 5 and having the Strategic Coordination Center when fully upgrade add +12 to a starbase's defense limit have fun with that.

Ascension perks:
Currently the mod only has a few perks one being “The Drums of War” this perk allows for Marauder Void Farers to pick one of their own admirals to be the Khan. In addition the perk grants increased fleet capacity, command limit and damage bonus against normal empires, Fallen and Awakened Empires.

The current perk the Reavers have is called "Wild Hunt" this allows for total wars with bonus damage towards normal empires and Fallen and Awakened empires.

Arks:
With Federations it is now possible to exist as a entirely fleet based faction with our Ark ships and any Juggernauts you create.

Cons:
-Weak research:
Most Sci-fi has space nomads at a disadvantage considering their ships do not allow for a truly massive population that a planet would allow. I will follow this trend as well. While they don't have a negitive to their research per say.

-Completly reliant on their fleet:
If you burn the fleets and stations they need to collect resources a voidfarer will crippled badly.
Last edited by Spartan878; Apr 8, 2020 @ 5:35pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
ummm what do void dwellings do?
Spartan878  [developer] Apr 1, 2020 @ 8:46am 
Void dwellings in addition to acting as powerful starbase defenses, Also add 5 alloys, 5 consumer goods, 5 food, 20 minerals, and 25 energy.
Thanks!
You should add hard numbers to this for each of the defense economy buildings please. It's very jarring for new players to this mod ^^;

Mining
Foundry
Factory
Energy
Research

You answered void dwelling though, thankfully.
Also no way for them to get unity I believe without building habitat.
Kelp Apr 6, 2020 @ 12:03am 
They have a Starbase Building that gives a bit of Unity.

I love this mod. So very much. With a small little local tweak to let them improve relations with other empires, this has let me play as the Quarians. Thank you so very much for making this.
Last edited by Kelp; Apr 6, 2020 @ 12:03am
Story Enthusiast Apr 9, 2020 @ 2:09am 
So I've been playing through (can't say how much I love this mod btw), and came up with the following notes. Getting the obvious ones out of the way first:
- We need to see the passive effects of all the new ships, like what produces what, in game
- Factory ships currently don't appear in the Military or Civilian outliner
- Modular Habitation removes the purpose of districts and just generally feels kinda cheat-y
- Starting with robot tech pushes away from the RP possibility of playing a spiritualist build
Then I had a thought:
- What if you could enact a Decision on the Void Farer Habitat that let you pack it up and move it? Then when you wanted you could unpack and rebuild the habitat in a new system (after you've placed an outpost there, of course)
Last edited by Story Enthusiast; Apr 9, 2020 @ 2:12am
Story Enthusiast Apr 9, 2020 @ 2:16am 
Also, you could have the cost of outposts scale with the number of outposts you have, say, 50 influence per already placed outpost? That way the first is always free, like it is now, and players can claim a handful of important stars before settling into their small build (by the way, never thought a mod would get me genuinely excited to play *small*)
KingdomCody Apr 9, 2020 @ 6:55am 
How do you colonize the habitats? colony ships don't have a pop to colonize with (ancient drones, maybe they aren't supposed to colonize anything, but then why allow them to make habitats?)
Story Enthusiast Apr 12, 2020 @ 11:15am 
@KingdomCody you need to create the Void Farer's Habitat so you get that first pop before you can build colony ships
Story Enthusiast Apr 12, 2020 @ 11:28am 
@Spartan878 I think a lot of issues could be fixed by starting with the Void Farer's Habitat already built at game start. I hope you'll consider the option of adding a Decision to turn the Habitat into a ship that can reconstruct itself into the same habitat later?
Kepos Apr 26, 2020 @ 1:35pm 
Backing the idea of @Shopkeep.

In my start I do have a station and an Ark-Ship which doesn't have a FTL engine. Both of them are able to build all ships, so why not having the Ark-Ship being able to de-construct in a first Void Farers Habitat?

It's my first try, so I thought the factory ship may be the one to be used as production base in foreign teritory. So far I do not know what the factory ship is ment for or if it is used to produce anything.
Last edited by Kepos; Apr 26, 2020 @ 2:12pm
Kaikai Aug 1, 2020 @ 10:54pm 
I noticed that, when trying to play as the machine intelligence variant of the nomads, I was unable to build mining ships and energy ships. Is this intentional? I also noticed that none of the nomads can send envoys or anything - is that also intentional or just broken?
Last edited by Kaikai; Aug 1, 2020 @ 11:38pm
lalarukh3 Aug 11, 2020 @ 4:22pm 
Is the AI able to play and survive as a void farer, at least theoretically?
Your Pal Deebs Aug 13, 2020 @ 11:25am 
Shopkeep's got the good ideas.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50