Counter-Strike 2

Counter-Strike 2

[BR] Small Island
el_bla'  [developer] Dec 16, 2013 @ 10:16am
[Tutoriel] How to add Battle Royale game mod in your map (office exemple)
In this article, i will explain how you can use battle royale custom game mod in your map.

First you'll need some files that you can find here :

[PM TO GET IT]

The archive contains :
- battle_royale/battle_royale.vmf // Map instance that contain entity's needed
- cfg/battle_royale.cfg //Cvars used for the custom game mod
- vscripts/battle_royale/battle_royale.nut //Vscript used for game logic
- battle_royale.kv //Exemple of kv file that is required for battle royale mod

In this tutoriel, i will convert cs_office into br_office, using the vmf files that you can found in sdk_content_ folder.

1. Backup your files

Because battle royale game mod will change the spawns in your map, you can't use it directly in your map.

So first of all, copy the vmf of your map and rename it with "br" prefix (exemple cs_office -> br_office).

Remember to copy also other files such as radar overviews, soundscapes, kv files, ...

Note : For maps using map instances (like cs_office) it is recommended to copy and rename the instance (exemple : cs_office_main into br_office_main) and to change the func_instance consequently.

2. Place the files in the archive

- Put the battle royale folder where you want (exemple : sdk_content/maps/instance/)
- Put the battle_royale.cfg in your csgo/maps/cfg folder. Then you'll have to rename it to the name of your map (exemple : csgo/maps/cfg/br_office.cfg )
- Copy the vscripts folder in csgo (path of battle_royale.nut must be csgo/vscripts/battle_royale/battle_royale.nut)
- If your map have no kv files, use the one in the archive (and remember to change the values ). What is a kv file and how to use it :

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Choosing_Player_Models

3. Modify your map

- To work properly, BR game mod must have no ct spawn entities. So you'll need to remove all your info_player_counterterrorist on your map (for cs_office, remove the three func_instance that contains the ct entities).
- Then you have to move your terrorists spawn entities to where you want that players spawns. For cs_office exemple, remove all three func_instance that contains those entities and place new info_player_terrorist in differents places of the map.
- Finally, remove all entities related to classic game mods such as func_buyzone, hostages, bomb, ...

Note : Last part is optional but is strongly recommended

4. Add map instance into your map

Add a func_instance on your map. Refer to the vmf previously extracted in this entity (battle_royale.vmf).

Last edited by el_bla'; Aug 15, 2016 @ 6:23am
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
el_bla'  [developer] Dec 16, 2013 @ 10:23am 
5. Modify Battle Royale files

Battle royale game mod count every time how many players are alive. To do that, it use a predefined player model. So if you want that the game mod work (which is legitimate) you have to specify which models were used in your kv file.

- Open battle_royale.nut
- Replace the lines with the anarchist skins with the skin you used for your map.

Exemple : replacing
"models/player/tm_anarchist.mdl", "models/player/tm_anarchist_variantA.mdl", "models/player/tm_anarchist_variantB.mdl", "models/player/tm_anarchist_variantC.mdl", "models/player/tm_anarchist_variantD.mdl"
with
"models/player/tm_pirate.mdl", "models/player/tm_pirate_variantA.mdl", "models/player/tm_pirate_variantB.mdl"
If you use only 3 skin of pirate in your map.

What can be also easily customized :

- Comment any line in order to remove weapon possiblity, exemple for removing awp :

"@br_equip_taser", "@br_equip_hegrenade", "@br_equip_grenades", "@br_equip_tec9", "@br_equip_elite", "@br_equip_usp_silencer", "@br_equip_glock", "@br_equip_p250", "@br_equip_fiveseven", "@br_equip_hkp2000", "@br_equip_deagle", "@br_equip_nova", "@br_equip_sawedoff", "@br_equip_xm1014", "@br_equip_mag7", "@br_equip_negev", "@br_equip_m249", "@br_equip_mp9", "@br_equip_ump45", "@br_equip_mp7", "@br_equip_p90", "@br_equip_mac10", "@br_equip_bizon", "@br_equip_galilar", "@br_equip_famas", "@br_equip_ak47", "@br_equip_m4a1_silencer", "@br_equip_m4a1", "@br_equip_aug", "@br_equip_sg556", "@br_equip_ssg08", //"@br_equip_awp", "@br_equip_scar20", "@br_equip_g3sg1"

- Change the maximum delay between each death :

TIMER_DEATH <- 60; //For one minute

Note : values such as 90 seconds may lead to an error of display in the beginning of a round.

6. Compile and test

Not difficult. Remember to test by lauching your map in custom game mod (exemple : br_office custom") otherwise your_map.cfg will not be read (i guess).
You'll see if the battle royale game mode is running with your console flooded of message from battle_royale.nut (if waiting for players).
The console chat log can be disabled by changing the value of DEBUGCONSOLE to false in battle_royale.nut

7. Enjoy or cry

Please post any questions in the following discussion.

Note : If you publish your BR map in the workshop, remember to include battle_royale.nut in your bsp (using bspzip for exemple) because it is not included automatically by the workshop publisher.
Last edited by el_bla'; Dec 16, 2013 @ 10:38am
Chaosbringer Feb 4, 2014 @ 11:30am 
Thanks for this tip. Will this work as well on any custom map from the workshop? :) Im trying to running a [BR] server and starting with your map here. Awesome work!
el_bla'  [developer] Feb 4, 2014 @ 12:28pm 
This should work on any map were you can have the sources (vmf files). So for any custom map i dont think so (or you can ask the sources for the map from the creators)
Chaosbringer Feb 4, 2014 @ 12:37pm 
Gotcha. I added you for a few questions regarding your map and setting it up on a server I just got. Would you mind to help? really appreciate it :)
.... Jun 20, 2014 @ 9:18am 
Hey! So i sugested your map to a server i play on. They would love to take the map and do modifications to it, because this one is too small for 24 player server. Wouldn`t you mind? We just need you to accept our work! ;) Please add me on steam el_bla! MAybe you would even like to work on a little project?
Last edited by ....; Jun 20, 2014 @ 9:19am
Vampire^,.,^ Oct 29, 2014 @ 11:00am 
Do all need to download the file before it work???
Til mænd Nov 6, 2014 @ 4:20pm 
Hello sir, i've added you since i need some help. I'd realy appritiate it
Salkin Sep 17, 2015 @ 6:08am 
For some reason the link doesn't work anymore... Can you try and make another link? (Put spaces between)
Hydn Feb 28, 2018 @ 5:32pm 
Added you to get the battle royale vscript files. Would appreciate the re-add! thanks
Dennis Dec 23, 2018 @ 4:53am 
Can you send me pls the file link?
Pinnochio Jul 2, 2021 @ 12:03pm 
Hello El_Bla. I really need the files for my own br map. could u make a new link or add me PLEASE :) ?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50