Total War: WARHAMMER II

Total War: WARHAMMER II

Unit Caps for All [Updated for patch 1.12.1]
Vacuity  [developer] Jan 4, 2020 @ 11:48am
Bug Reports
If you find a bug, let me know. Ideally, give me as much as possible to see/replicate it in-game: saved games are gold, screenshots are silver, detailed descriptions are bronze, but still much better than five-word reports.
Bugs always have top priority for fixes as they're the most likely cause for your campaign to come to a grinding halt.
Also report typos here. They have a low priority, but I'd like to get them fixed too.
Last edited by Vacuity; Jan 4, 2020 @ 11:50am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 72 comments
Jam Jan 4, 2020 @ 9:35pm 
While not exactly a bug, there are a few oddities, which I suspect may have been down to automating the design?

For example, for the Empire, building a T3 stables building allows increases your capacity for Empire Knights by 1, but building a T3 Reiksfort building increases your capacity for Reiksguard by *5*

Surely, Empire Knights should be less restricted than the more powerful, unique Reiksguard?
Vacuity  [developer] Jan 4, 2020 @ 9:47pm 
That's a good point, which poses a design problem. The Reiksfort only adds to the cap of Reiksguard, while regular stables adds to the cap of rather more unit types. There are similar problems with any building at Tier 2 or 3 that adds to the cap of only one or two units compared to the "good" units you get from more general buildings like barracks and stables.
I'll run through the Empire's balancing again with my new numbers when I get home tonight, so with any luck you'll have something a bit more refined to work with before too long.
And I really wish I had a means to automate this stuff more than just the spreadsheet I'm working with.
Jam Jan 5, 2020 @ 1:39am 
Originally posted by Vacuity:
That's a good point, which poses a design problem. The Reiksfort only adds to the cap of Reiksguard, while regular stables adds to the cap of rather more unit types. There are similar problems with any building at Tier 2 or 3 that adds to the cap of only one or two units compared to the "good" units you get from more general buildings like barracks and stables.
I'll run through the Empire's balancing again with my new numbers when I get home tonight, so with any luck you'll have something a bit more refined to work with before too long.
And I really wish I had a means to automate this stuff more than just the spreadsheet I'm working with.
I think the reiksfort having less value-per-build-slot is already in the game; building a reiksfort takes up a whole slot and only unlocks reiksguard, rather than builing a stables and unlocking knights, pistoliers AND outriders. I don't think it's a problem if reiksforts have that downside, really.
Vacuity  [developer] Jan 5, 2020 @ 7:45am 
I've responded in the balancing discussion thread, as this discussion really belongs there. Short answer is that the update pushed just now increases the cap of Empire Knights at the level 3 stables slightly and makes the level 3 stables more attractive than before compared to the Reiksfort as an option for a minor settlement slot.
BioSnark Jan 7, 2020 @ 11:04am 
Bug report with Wood Elves- Argwylon:
Tree Kin have a max recruit count of 0 with a tier 3 forest spirit barracks constructed (Tribal Stones description says +3) and tier 3 oak of ages.

Speculation:
Perhaps the structure is adding +3 of Avelorn's Tree Kin rather than Wood Elves

Possible mod conflicts:
Mixu's new lords/legendary lords

The Woodelves (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1288489406) adds new mechanics/tech tree but shouldn't add/change any units

No other unit mods are running. Let me know if you need more info. Good work on the mod and interesting idea.
Vacuity  [developer] Jan 7, 2020 @ 4:30pm 
Thanks for the report!
The answer is much more surprising, and you may have a nasty surprise when I release the bugfix in a minute or two. It's actually adding to the Deepwood Scouts (Swiftshiver Shards) cap! You may find yourself over the cap and unable to build any more if you've already maxed out on those.
Nefasi Jan 11, 2020 @ 8:41am 
The Lothern Port/Landmark displays increased cap to Black Ark Corsairs (Dark Elf) when captured by Saltspite/Sartosa (Vampire Coast) in the Vortex campaign. (I have other mods running but I do not think any touch buildings/units)
Vacuity  [developer] Jan 11, 2020 @ 5:58pm 
Gotcha. This one's known and if you take a look, is on the to-do list already.
Warsmith Forrix Jan 23, 2020 @ 7:44am 
The level three artillery building for the dwarves gives +4 unit caps on grudge throwers and bolt throwers while the level 4 artillery building only gives +3 caps on those units, and then it's back up to +4 on the level 5 building.
Vacuity  [developer] Jan 23, 2020 @ 9:17am 
Noted and fixed in the internal build. I can't push a release right now as I'm working on the Wood Elf stuff and that's a bit messy. I.e. anyone playing Wood Elves (does anyone play Wood Elves these days?) would have very interesting things happen to the unit caps in their campaign.
Last edited by Vacuity; Jan 23, 2020 @ 9:18am
LuminalFlux Apr 24, 2020 @ 2:27pm 
I'm not sure if this belongs here as it's not technically a bug, rather it's the AI doing what it can given the limitations it has, but the outcome is still a bit game-breaking. Anyhow, it's this:

I just started out a Ikit claw vortex campaign and pretty quickly you're urged to take on other skaven for a settlement. What the AI had done is spun up 5 full stacks made mainly of skavenslaves and had them all in support range of the surrounding settlement. The resultant siege battle was basically impossible to play due to a frame rate of about 2 and so much in play that it was impossible to keep track of.

I'm not entirely sure what you'd do about this, but perhaps leaving clanrats as unlimited would help aliviate this a lot. I'm guessing this is more of an early-game only problem.
Vacuity  [developer] Apr 25, 2020 @ 1:31am 
Aside from the frame rate, that sounds perfect. It's not a bug, it's a feature!™
LuminalFlux Apr 25, 2020 @ 5:09am 
Lol, I guess that's a good answer.
Novack May 26, 2020 @ 2:44am 
Playing as Bretonnia the farm buildings do not provide unit capacity for standard peasant bowmen preventing them from being recruited.
Vacuity  [developer] May 26, 2020 @ 3:13am 
They're not supposed to be capped at all. My apologies for that: they got accidentally capped in the update. I've fixed it, but I'm running automated tests right now so can't upload the fix until that's done and I've checked the results.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 72 comments
Per page: 1530 50