Warframe

Warframe

Armalyst Syandana
Bran Procurer Aug 16, 2019 @ 12:23am
It's good but....
Didn't DE say something about no Sentient skins?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Roaring Dragon Aug 16, 2019 @ 1:17am 
"Sentient:

Highly adaptable and mysterious, Sentients can take various forms throughout the Sol System: as combat drones, Eidolons on Earth, or Amalgams on Jupiter. We are avoiding spoilers in this guide, but more about this faction is revealed as you progress through the main Quests.

This is one of the most nuanced Factions in-game, so we have quite an extensive guide prepared for you below.

Each tint has its own material usage and this should be respected on all Sentient Creations. How you balance these four materials is up to you, but these four materials need to be present:

One tint is bone-like, fewer details, flatter with some flared shapes here and there.
Another is semi-metallic, with geometric tube-like forms. This material should be manufactured-feeling but still organic in terms of surface treatment, with imperfections like dimples and pockmarks here and there, and a slight wobble to the lines.
The third is like rubber. This material should be more technical, and set beneath the other layers so it's set into the main shapes a bit. Tighter details are good here, with technical forms used as accents.
The final tint is full metallic. This should be used sparsely for more bracket-like details and some actual mechanical features. This metal is used to punctuate the artifice of the faction.
For general style and forms:

Sentients are not humanoid and should not look humanoid. Faces exist on Eidolons, not on Warframes.While Sentients have eye-like details, creations that put those eyes on a Warframe’s head will not be accepted. For other creations that you want to use the eyes on, their oculars resemble those of a bird, and overall Sentients have a crustacean-like look to them (hence the colours).
Sentients have no clear separation between organic and technological, you can’t tell where one ends and the other begins as they’re always both. They are grown under controlled surveillance, not built, so they are a uniform blend of organic and technical with gradation between the two extremes.
Unlike Infested, they are not chaotic. There’s a lot of repetition of shapes that, along with symmetry, gives Sentients an artificial feel. They don’t just look high-tech, they’re like a step further beyond. They are the most “alien” of all factions.
Sentients are composed of long, thin shapes that are stringy and snaking. Lines are straight or slightly curved, most corners and sharp turns are done with curves -- sharp angles do not exist. They are a lot more delicate than the other factions, and use a lot of exaggerated variety between thin and thick areas.
Big, smooth areas can be detailed with what looks like pimples, warts and veins, but stylized, artificial and clean, used sparsely, and subtle, uniform pores. Avoid chaotic placement of details. Every detail was placed for a reason -- that precision should be present in your design.
For floating emissives:

The floating emissive designs are unique and alien, and very specific. Some parts are similar to the geometric, folded lines present on the bodies, and straight, parallel lines. End points often fade off into nothing. It's very important to reference existing designs and don't overdo the amount of detail.
These are on their own FX cards and should have their own black and white texture onto which we will apply our shader magic to make them wavy.
Emissives on the main meshes are often present between folds from other materials. They follow the contorting geometric patterns, but aren't overbearing. This is used in just a few focal point areas to draw the eye, and should be used sparingly. A scrolling emissive pattern that "pulsates" can add some life to them." //WARFRAME TENNOGEN FACTION STYLE GUIDE

I don't see this breaking any of these guidlines
LTurmoil47 Aug 16, 2019 @ 3:14am 
Yea. They lifted the faction restriction.

We get to have sentient items now.
Twizzy Aug 16, 2019 @ 5:10am 
Spot on recreation of the design. Don't see any reason DE should reject this.
SebKen Aug 16, 2019 @ 5:57am 
its really good would be a shame if DE would reject this
Zulioner Aug 16, 2019 @ 9:13am 
Yeah i hope it will be added to the game
IconGT117 Aug 16, 2019 @ 9:44am 
I want it now
T8-TR Aug 16, 2019 @ 11:16am 
I don't know about the rules, but they sound real stupid. Like, just let artists make ♥♥♥♥ that's cool and run with it, rather than restricting them. Bar something REALLY stupid -- not that Dog Days didn't already do that -- it's not like it'll break the serious tone of WF. Especially not when you can have a floating Rhino standing in a feminine pose, wearing various colours of pink.
Roaring Dragon Aug 16, 2019 @ 11:37am 
Originally posted by T8-TR:
I don't know about the rules, but they sound real stupid. Like, just let artists make ♥♥♥♥ that's cool and run with it, rather than restricting them. Bar something REALLY stupid -- not that Dog Days didn't already do that -- it's not like it'll break the serious tone of WF. Especially not when you can have a floating Rhino standing in a feminine pose, wearing various colours of pink.
Again DE revoked the "no sentient pollicy" so I see no reason this shouldn't be accepted
KIGN OF FUKC Aug 16, 2019 @ 1:55pm 
Originally posted by T8-TR:
art direction is important, specially in warframe, and the rules they set just aim to help creators better catch the styles, or else they would just be rejected since that would break the overall visual design
Evilan Lexington Aug 16, 2019 @ 11:46pm 
Originally posted by LTurmoil47:
Yea. They lifted the faction restriction.

We get to have sentient items now.

hopefully we can now look to seeing the sentient volt skin!
LTurmoil47 Aug 17, 2019 @ 1:18am 
I remember that. Yea I look forward to it! Time to remind people of what is now possible.
Xicoxide Aug 18, 2019 @ 4:17am 
On the warframe forums, they made multiple threads detailing that more faction styles (sentient, ostron, and solaris), whip skins, and armor chest pieces are able to be made. :cozyjunimogreen:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1119180-faction-style-guides-now-updated/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1118322-chest-armor-pieces-now-live/

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1118323-whip-files-now-available/
Last edited by Xicoxide; Aug 18, 2019 @ 4:19am
Revalopod Aug 18, 2019 @ 9:31pm 
wow it actually perfectly matches the guidelines, no way this will be rejected
Spwatch Aug 19, 2019 @ 6:45am 
I need this in my veins... It's too beautifully crafted to be rejected...
Nolesy Aug 19, 2019 @ 3:36pm 
It's good but...I'm a nonce and gotta complain with a comment like this on every skin I see.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
Per page: 1530 50