Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV

Unit Model Changer
How to add more unit models?
Hi, I was wondering how can I add more models for the units?. I have tried to move some key files to the corresponding folder of the mod, and edit the text files, and although the inserted model appears in the menu, it really is not (Instead of loading the model, load the vanilla default according to the location of the created nation). For Example, I want to add the modeling of the Roman Empire of the user Xangelo7, how can I do it?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Von der Mooreiche  [developer] Sep 2, 2019 @ 6:06am 
its a bit tricky. You need to open the mod files with you Editor. There you can edit the model stuff. there should be lines that say something like "Austria_GFX" for example. This you need to change to the model you want, for example: Austria_GFX ---> Roman_GFX
Abaschubi Feb 24, 2020 @ 3:26pm 
in wich file are the mods?
Von der Mooreiche  [developer] Apr 1, 2020 @ 2:05am 
Originally posted by Abaschubi:
in wich file are the mods?

Sorry for the late reply.

load my mod, then open it with winrar. go into GFX folder > entities and search for the model you want to change (example: z_mix_brandenburg_gfx.asset) and search for the model you want (example: z_mix_livonia_gfx.asset). Copy both on your desktop, open them with standart windows editor and search for the line: Infantry

Now you need to change the Line > clone = "EXAMPLE_INFANTRY_2" < (from the Model you want to change) into the Model you want to have.

Example for Tier2 Brandenburg into Livonia:
clone = "BRA_INFANTRY_2"
then change the "BRA_INFANTRY_2" into the model you want. we want the livonia model so we change it to "LIV_INFANTRY_2" you can do this with cavalry etc. aswell.
Then put the edited file back into the winrar file and load up your game

EDIT: you dont need this mod anymore, its now a function in custom nation designer
Last edited by Von der Mooreiche; May 1, 2020 @ 1:13am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50