RimWorld

RimWorld

Expanded Roofing
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
CrunchyDuck  [developer] Oct 21, 2018 @ 3:32pm
Bug Reporting
This is also written in the description of the mod, but I'll also create this to make sure people see it.
The Steam comments section aren't the place to go to report bugs - I don't own this mod, and the actual developer, Why_Is_That, doesn't read the comments here. The place to report a bug is the artist's GitHub page.[github.com]

I'll still leave this thread open for whatever people may wish to say, however, most likely I cannot help you with any bugs you report.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Zaltys Dec 20, 2018 @ 7:34am 
Noticed that this redefines the vanilla BuildingBase abstract in the Building_SolarController.xml. The redefinition is almost identical to vanilla, except it sets terrainAffordanceNeeded to Medium instead of Light.

Which in turn makes all building defs in any mod that use that base become only buildable on Medium+, if they're loaded after this mod. So that's a major compatibility problem.

Could be easily fixed by deleting the abstract (since it's already in vanilla and there's no need to redefine it), and moving the only changed line (<terrainAffordanceNeeded>Medium</terrainAffordanceNeeded>) into SolarController.
Last edited by Zaltys; Dec 20, 2018 @ 7:36am
Ahmet Feb 13, 2019 @ 10:54am 
thick roof has no sense because it doesnt stop drop pods, maybe mod conflict??
Demonlord09 Jul 10, 2019 @ 10:52pm 
[Expanded Roofing] causes compatibility errors by overwriting BuildingBase in file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\1512478761\Defs\Building_SolarController.xml
Verse.Log:Warning(String, Boolean)
AllYourBase.XmlSharedBaseDetection:.cctor()
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(IntPtr)
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers:RunClassConstructor(RuntimeTypeHandle)
Verse.StaticConstructorOnStartupUtility:CallAll()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:<DoPlayLoad>m__2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()
whitegravy Jul 14, 2019 @ 5:45pm 
spent hours working my way up to thick roofs and a ton of time building them over my entire base only to get a massive infestation that wipes my whole colony out on permadeath. Thanks for that
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50