RimWorld

RimWorld

What the hack?!
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
roolo  [developer] Sep 7, 2018 @ 1:49pm
Bug reports
Please report any oddities and errors, including mod conflicts. Clearly descibe what happens, and how to reproduce the behaviour. Also please use the Hugslib error reporting feature by pressing ctrl+f12 after the issue occurs. Without a log, I can't do much in most cases.

Note: I'm currently not active as a modder. I'm developing my own game now, and I don't have time to keep supporting my mods. Maybe I'll come back to it some day, but no promises. It can't hurt to still report issues, as it keeps other players informed, and it could be useful in case I ever come back to modding.
Last edited by roolo; Jan 17, 2020 @ 1:19am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 496 comments
Knu-Kni Sep 9, 2018 @ 5:03pm 
i dont know if this is a bug or something. but when i try to have my colonist do the hack it says i dont have a hacking table yet i have it built and powered. ive tried to replacve the table ive made sure my colonist have the level 5 in crafting and in intel. but nothing still tho.
Bearistotle Sep 9, 2018 @ 6:52pm 
I posted earlier about the issue with trying to mount Rimsenal turrets on centipedes. I did a little more digging when I tried to recreate it, and I notcied something strange.

I attemped it with a Shard Sentry from the Rimsenal: Security Pack. I had one turret uninstalled and ready in storage, but the pawn picked up a different, currently-deployed turret. The hacking workstation disappeared, the turrent was instantly installed in its place, and the operation remained queued for the centipede.

So I unistalled all Shard turrets I had, so they would all be in storage. The pawn took one from storage and installed it as normal on the centipede no problem.

I tried it one last time, one in storage and one deployed, and the pawn took the deployed one again, with the same effect as the first time.

I tried to get a debug log for errors, but it never created one. The window remained blank, no flags, and nothing generated in a text file anywhere.

So, I hope this helps. Als long as there are none deployed, it doesn't seem to have a problem mounting them.

EDIT: I should also state the Shard turret is the only one I have tried thusfar.

link to HugLib output txt: {LINK REMOVED}
Last edited by Bearistotle; Sep 9, 2018 @ 6:59pm
roolo  [developer] Sep 9, 2018 @ 9:29pm 
Originally posted by Nikola Tesla:
i dont know if this is a bug or something. but when i try to have my colonist do the hack it says i dont have a hacking table yet i have it built and powered. ive tried to replacve the table ive made sure my colonist have the level 5 in crafting and in intel. but nothing still tho.
Thanks for reporting. The mech has to be hauled to the table. Did you check if a colonist capable of hauling did have an option to haul it? Also, you need the mechanoids hacking facility found in the misc tab (not the mechanoid workshop found in the production tab).
roolo  [developer] Sep 9, 2018 @ 9:33pm 
Originally posted by Cogbro:
I posted earlier about the issue with trying to mount Rimsenal turrets on centipedes. I did a little more digging when I tried to recreate it, and I notcied something strange.

I attemped it with a Shard Sentry from the Rimsenal: Security Pack. I had one turret uninstalled and ready in storage, but the pawn picked up a different, currently-deployed turret. The hacking workstation disappeared, the turrent was instantly installed in its place, and the operation remained queued for the centipede.

So I unistalled all Shard turrets I had, so they would all be in storage. The pawn took one from storage and installed it as normal on the centipede no problem.

I tried it one last time, one in storage and one deployed, and the pawn took the deployed one again, with the same effect as the first time.

I tried to get a debug log for errors, but it never created one. The window remained blank, no flags, and nothing generated in a text file anywhere.

So, I hope this helps. Als long as there are none deployed, it doesn't seem to have a problem mounting them.

EDIT: I should also state the Shard turret is the only one I have tried thusfar.

link to HugLib output txt: {LINK REMOVED}

Thanks for your clear report. I never expected pawns to be able to pickup installed turrets but apparently my code needs another check to prevent that. It completely explains why it did go wrong in your case. Now that I'll be able to reproduce it, I'll have it fixed soon. Thanks.

Edit: this is fixed since the last update.
Last edited by roolo; Sep 10, 2018 @ 2:59am
Drew peacock Sep 9, 2018 @ 9:58pm 
Not sure if this is a bug, intentional, or a conflict with another mod I have but, when I installed the vanometric power upgrade on a centipede, it only seems to produce power every couple of seconds(2~ seconds of power useage, than 2~ seconds of production, this results in a net loss of power overall, at around 50-75% the same rate that it normally goes down at)

Note: I have a turret installed on it, and a battery upgrade.
roolo  [developer] Sep 9, 2018 @ 10:03pm 
Originally posted by Drew Peacock:
Not sure if this is a bug, intentional, or a conflict with another mod I have but, when I installed the vanometric power upgrade on a centipede, it only seems to produce power every couple of seconds(2~ seconds of power useage, than 2~ seconds of production, this results in a net loss of power overall, at around 50-75% the same rate that it normally goes down at)

Note: I have a turret installed on it, and a battery upgrade.

The net loss is probably because of the turret installed on it. What turret did you install?
Drew peacock Sep 9, 2018 @ 10:41pm 
Shredder turret from the MVT mod
roolo  [developer] Sep 9, 2018 @ 10:47pm 
Ok. That turret has a pretty high energy drain. But regardless I think this aspect can use a little bit of rebalance. I'll look into it.

Edit: In the last update, energy drain of mounted turrets and the vanometric power module are both rebalanced.
Last edited by roolo; Sep 10, 2018 @ 2:59am
kajidiablo Sep 10, 2018 @ 4:15am 
hmmm by bugs only thing i could say if telling pawns to haul the mech does nothing, times when they would spaz out when needing to go back to a charge station, getting stuck on the hack table after a sergery because it wouldnt move, not being able to dissasemble the big red mech i forget the name of because the table being next to the wall prevented it from hitting the spot it needed to so it got stuck in a loop of attempting to place it till i moved it away one xD but i also use a bunch of mods so there is a possability of something conflicting i suppose but this is pretty high in the list to make sure it would work properly but you fixing power should help out with some of the issues might even be able to use a turret on one before it gets stuck falling on the floor like its made of bannana peels xD
roolo  [developer] Sep 10, 2018 @ 4:19am 
Originally posted by kajidiablo:
hmmm by bugs only thing i could say if telling pawns to haul the mech does nothing, times when they would spaz out when needing to go back to a charge station, getting stuck on the hack table after a sergery because it wouldnt move, not being able to dissasemble the big red mech i forget the name of because the table being next to the wall prevented it from hitting the spot it needed to so it got stuck in a loop of attempting to place it till i moved it away one xD but i also use a bunch of mods so there is a possability of something conflicting i suppose but this is pretty high in the list to make sure it would work properly but you fixing power should help out with some of the issues might even be able to use a turret on one before it gets stuck falling on the floor like its made of bannana peels xD

Hmm. Most of those issues are likely mod conflicts. Could you enable development mode in your game (by going to the options and ticking it there), and see if any errors pop up while these issues occur? If they do, please report them by pressing ctrl+f12 and placing the link here.
Isana Sep 10, 2018 @ 8:47am 
There seems to be a bit of an incompatibility with the psychology mod. When I installed and activated WTH the psyche tab on the pawns unit cards disappeared entirely, but when I disabled WTH the psyche tab reappeared.
roolo  [developer] Sep 10, 2018 @ 9:38am 
Originally posted by Xorkers:
There seems to be a bit of an incompatibility with the psychology mod. When I installed and activated WTH the psyche tab on the pawns unit cards disappeared entirely, but when I disabled WTH the psyche tab reappeared.

I just tested this. apperently this happens if What the Hack!? is loaded after Psychology. If you make sure it's loaded before Psychology it should work. I'll add a note in the description.
Isana Sep 10, 2018 @ 9:50am 
Originally posted by roolo:
Originally posted by Xorkers:

I just tested this. apperently this happens if What the Hack!? is loaded after Psychology. If you make sure it's loaded before Psychology it should work. I'll add a note in the description.
Awesome, thanks.
Meanie Sep 10, 2018 @ 2:40pm 
not sure if this counts as a bug but i loaded this mod on a previously vanilla game and since constructing the mechanoid workshop the game stutters every couple of seconds. there are no other mods being used in this save.
Last edited by Meanie; Sep 10, 2018 @ 2:42pm
Meanie Sep 10, 2018 @ 3:12pm 
nevermind it was caused by an alpaca stuck on a rock... somehow
< >
Showing 1-15 of 496 comments
Per page: 1530 50