RimWorld

RimWorld

What the hack?!
Phreeze Aug 3, 2021 @ 9:44pm
Bench labeled as animal bed
Hey, just wanted to see if anyone has a fix for this. The Hacking Facility is labeled as pet bed, rather than a surgery table (complete with the button to assign to a pet and the labeling of the room as a barn). I don't know what is causing this, given that WTH is at the very TOP of my load order. I don't have any immediately discernible error messages. Anything I should be looking for and, if so, anything I can do to fix this?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
XIII Aug 9, 2021 @ 6:42am 
i have this problem too. i need help
Phreeze Aug 9, 2021 @ 11:15am 
Found the solution - put WTH higher on your load order; and be sure to add a bill to the downed mechanoid’s health tab to hack it. Could be a conflict with Hunt/Kill For Me. Gonna have to look further.
XIII Aug 9, 2021 @ 11:32am 
Originally posted by Phreeze:
Found the solution - put WTH higher on your load order; and be sure to add a bill to the downed mechanoid’s health tab to hack it. Could be a conflict with Hunt/Kill For Me. Gonna have to look further.
thanks for sollution!
Captain Llamerica Aug 11, 2021 @ 7:26pm 
Hey, I was wondering if either of you ever found out what was causing this issue, I am having the same problem, and removing Hunt for Me/moving what the hack higher in the load order doesn't seem to fix it.
Phreeze Aug 12, 2021 @ 9:04am 
It's reappeared on my side, I can't seem to pinpoint it. Might be the 1.3 changes that ushered this in. I'm not a big modding/programming guy, so I'll probably have to consult some friends. If I get any word back, I'll post here.
Doom Aug 19, 2021 @ 8:53pm 
Are any of you using Animal Logic? If so there was a mention of things being turned into animal beds when it was added from mods and the Hacking bench is just a fancy animal bed from what I understand.
Phreeze Aug 19, 2021 @ 9:13pm 
Nnnnope. Not using animal logic.
Captain Llamerica Aug 20, 2021 @ 2:33pm 
Originally posted by Doom:
Are any of you using Animal Logic? If so there was a mention of things being turned into animal beds when it was added from mods and the Hacking bench is just a fancy animal bed from what I understand.

I was not using animal logic, so I don't think that's the issue. I was using Hunt for Me, but removing it and testing the save/starting a new game and testing it there didn't fix the issue.
Doom Aug 20, 2021 @ 5:51pm 
I'm able to use the bench now that I restricted all my animals away from the Mech lab with the bench and charging stations and they work on it now. I can set Mechs to the Charging stations and my people will carry mechs to the bench now. So maybe try that?
Last edited by Doom; Aug 20, 2021 @ 5:51pm
Phreeze Aug 22, 2021 @ 7:03am 
I'm able to use the bench now that I restricted all my animals away from the Mech lab with the bench and charging stations and they work on it now. I can set Mechs to the Charging stations and my people will carry mechs to the bench now. So maybe try that?
Yup! That worked! Huh, pretty easy to get a hold of as far as a temp fix. If anyone can find out a permanent fix to this issue, I've got a Golden Unicorn badge to hand you.
Doom Aug 22, 2021 @ 1:53pm 
I'm thinking it might be pawnmorpher because I had a someone go Feral (Who was already a animal) and they were causing all kinds of problems around the base by reserving things it would never do. Restricting them away from everything fixed that so maybe its something to look into.
Phreeze Aug 27, 2021 @ 12:46pm 
I'm thinking it might be pawnmorpher because I had a someone go Feral (Who was already a animal) and they were causing all kinds of problems around the base by reserving things it would never do. Restricting them away from everything fixed that so maybe its something to look into.
To that point - does anyone have WTH but not Pawnmorpher that could disprove this? If not, I can test myself.
Morberis Aug 29, 2021 @ 2:19am 
To that point - does anyone have WTH but not Pawnmorpher that could disprove this? If not, I can test myself.

I have What the Hack without Pawnmorpher or Animal Logic and I have this problem. I'm not sure how others restricted the station away from their animals but I tried setting up a zone and pen and assigned all my animals to that zone. All of which was in another building.

It didn't work.

So I dis-allowed the doors. Nope.

I've tried moving the mod to the bottom of my mod list, nope. Top of my modlist right after hugslib. Nope.
Last edited by Morberis; Aug 29, 2021 @ 2:24am
Phreeze Aug 29, 2021 @ 6:46am 

Originally posted by Morberis:

I have What the Hack without Pawnmorpher or Animal Logic and I have this problem. I'm not sure how others restricted the station away from their animals but I tried setting up a zone and pen and assigned all my animals to that zone. All of which was in another building.

It didn't work.

So I dis-allowed the doors. Nope.

I've tried moving the mod to the bottom of my mod list, nope. Top of my modlist right after hugslib. Nope.

Set the zone inside the room, and then invert the rule. For some reason, this is different than tracing the entire thing. Alternatively, you can get some doors (I don't recall from which mod) that restrict animal movement. I know a few are out there for 1.3. I use some RimmuNation stuff that comes with reinforced doors. Those block animals from entering.
Morberis Aug 29, 2021 @ 6:12pm 
I didn't know about inverting zones! Thank you.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 1530 50