Team Fortress 2

The Spitter
Scatman Dec 15, 2014 @ 10:31pm
Stats
Mine:

-100% afterburn time
Horizontal, wider, airblast
+30% airblast force
Taunt causes pyro to smash it on the ground like a hammer, tossing back and burning all nearby enemies.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
Chaotic Embrace Jan 23, 2015 @ 3:03pm 
+ 30 movement speed while target is burning
+ 3 secs of burn
- 20 damage
- burn can randomly extinquish ( same stats as a random crit chance )

BTW i like the model for the flamethrower and the name for it '' Spitter ''
Last edited by Chaotic Embrace; Jan 23, 2015 @ 6:06pm
friend :) Jan 26, 2015 @ 8:25am 
+ 10% more damage
+ Afterburn deals 25% more damage
- Afterburn lasts 4 seconds
- Airblast has a 20% reduction in force
General Snuggles Jan 26, 2015 @ 9:19am 
My stats:

Pressing Primary Fire (M1 AKA Left-Click by default) realeases a projectile that ignites enemies. This projectile is follows the same physics as the flare gun projectiles, forcing the wielder to "lead" their targets. This projectile deals (on average) 40 damage (120 on a crit), and has a small blast radius (similar in size to the Soldier's Direct Hit) that ignites enemies without dealing the initial damage. The projectiles come in a small clip of 3 projectiles with 12 shots in reserve. The reloading animation re-uses the shotgun reload (The Pyro lowers the flamethrower and manually inserts each shot). The projectiles can be fired semi-automatically (as fast as the wielder can click Pimary Fire).

This may or may not be OP; I'm not sure. I just thought that with a name like "the Spitter", projectiles sounded appropriate.
Ezgoroth Jan 26, 2015 @ 12:28pm 
Originally posted by General Snuggles:
My stats:

Pressing Primary Fire (M1 AKA Left-Click by default) realeases a projectile that ignites enemies. This projectile is follows the same physics as the flare gun projectiles, forcing the wielder to "lead" their targets. This projectile deals (on average) 40 damage (120 on a crit), and has a small blast radius (similar in size to the Soldier's Direct Hit) that ignites enemies without dealing the initial damage. The projectiles come in a small clip of 3 projectiles with 12 shots in reserve. The reloading animation re-uses the shotgun reload (The Pyro lowers the flamethrower and manually inserts each shot). The projectiles can be fired semi-automatically (as fast as the wielder can click Pimary Fire).

This may or may not be OP; I'm not sure. I just thought that with a name like "the Spitter", projectiles sounded appropriate.

Great idea, but what if you could right click it like a detonator flare and do aoe damage, but if the projectile hits a enemy it does 70 damage,but the projectile shatters when it hits the world, similar to the loch-and-load
General Snuggles Jan 26, 2015 @ 3:26pm 
Great idea, but what if you could right click it like a detonator flare and do aoe damage, but if the projectile hits a enemy it does 70 damage,but the projectile shatters when it hits the world, similar to the loch-and-load

Well, you wouln't want them to deal too much damage; there's 3 in a clip and if the Pyro spams them all, 70 damage totals up to 210 damage (and with full afterburn, that's 270). Nobody except a Heavy can survive that unless they're being healed by a Medic, and even then they're critically low on HP. But I see your point. How about...50 damage?

I also don't agree with the whole "shattering projectile" thing. That works for a secondary weapon like the Flare Gun, but for a primary weapon, it's a tad disorienting.

I like the idea of the Detonator-style projectile, though. But there would probably have to be some other catch to make it different from the standard Detonator.
Last edited by General Snuggles; Jan 26, 2015 @ 3:27pm
Ezgoroth Jan 27, 2015 @ 10:25am 
I agree, maybe as a downside, it would draw ammo from the same pool as flare guns
General Snuggles Jan 27, 2015 @ 10:41am 
Originally posted by Ezrogoth-Dragon_king:
I agree, maybe as a downside, it would draw ammo from the same pool as flare guns

That's a good start; it would force Pyros using both the Spitter and Flare Guns to conserve ammunition.
Ezgoroth Jan 27, 2015 @ 11:44am 
What if the flare gun that was equipped would determine what kind of flare the flame thrower would shoot, ex equipping the scorch shot would make the mouse 2 flares do knock back and have 50% less damage! or able to be detonated with the detonater equipped etc
General Snuggles Jan 27, 2015 @ 12:36pm 
Originally posted by Ezrogoth-Dragon_king:
What if the flare gun that was equipped would determine what kind of flare the flame thrower would shoot, ex equipping the scorch shot would make the mouse 2 flares do knock back and have 50% less damage! or able to be detonated with the detonater equipped etc

Now THAT'S interesting. The only issue is what it would do with a shotgun equipped.
Ezgoroth Jan 27, 2015 @ 1:07pm 
Maybe it would have an air blast then
FISHSTICK Jan 27, 2015 @ 5:58pm 
My Stats:

+Airblast consumes 50% less ammo
+50% damage
+200% movement speed
+500% damage to spies
+500% damage to scouts
+500% damage to engineers
+Deflects all projectiles, bullets, and melee
+Can uber yourself with a charge meter and taunting
+Take 200% less damage
-20% less ammo

Tried to make it as balanced as I could without over powering the weapon.
Thoughts?
Last edited by FISHSTICK; Jan 27, 2015 @ 6:05pm
Tester Apr 9, 2015 @ 9:07pm 
Here’s my suggestion for stats, perfect for what the Pyro is unmatched in; hit and runs:

+ Afterburn deals 2% of target’s current max health as damage per half second
+ Airblast is constant stream as primary fire is but at twice rate of ammo cost
- -50% damage penalty

Here’s a graph to show the first mechanic, keeping in mind that all damage in TF2 is rounded up

Current Max Health of Ignited Enemy (h) ---- Afterburn Damage per Half Second for 10 seconds

50 < h ≤ 100 ------------------------------------------- 2
100 < h ≤ 150 ------------------------------------------ 3
150 < h ≤ 200 ------------------------------------------ 4
200 < h ≤ 250 ------------------------------------------ 5
250 < h ≤ 300 ------------------------------------------ 6
Originally posted by Shake!:
My Stats:

+50% damage
+200% movement speed
+500% damage to spies
+500% damage to scouts
+Take 200% less damage
-20% less ammo

Thoughts?
Um, what?
Super ♥♥♥♥♥♥ op dude.
Besides, there are enough... "OP" weapons in TF2.
Last edited by VinierAardvark1; Apr 15, 2015 @ 3:26pm
If this isnt added i want to see dis as a skin!
FISHSTICK Apr 15, 2015 @ 7:40pm 
Originally posted by -={UIA}=- R.E.A.C.H Laz0r$hir:
Originally posted by Shake!:
My Stats:

+50% damage
+200% movement speed
+500% damage to spies
+500% damage to scouts
+Take 200% less damage
-20% less ammo

Thoughts?
Um, what?
Super ♥♥♥♥♥♥ op dude.
Besides, there are enough... "OP" weapons in TF2.
*facepalm*
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
Per page: 1530 50