Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Caretaker
Glaxxico Apr 13, 2018 @ 11:07am
Artstyle?
As much as this weapon looks absolutly amazing I think it doesn't fit the artstyle at all.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
ドキ Apr 13, 2018 @ 1:25pm 
Yeah, I completely agree. I won't deny that it looks absoloutely amazing, but the artstyle of this weapon makes it look more like a Fortnite weapon and just doesn't look like it would feel out of place in TF2.
tomboy enthusiast Apr 13, 2018 @ 1:51pm 
Tbh, valve and most fans dont really care much about the style of the game besides the overall "cartoonish" sorta look. There's plenty of items in game that dont fit the style. Just look at the Deus Ex pack, the AWPer Hand, or a good chunk of the cosmetics.
Knight of the Rat Apr 13, 2018 @ 10:49pm 
I agree with Alpha this rifle looks cool and i think it fits into the TF2 art style kinda well. It has a cartoony set of front sights with a muzzle that reminds me alot of the lugermorph. In general this rifle rides the border of goofy and cool like a majority of the items in TF2.
Glaxxico Apr 14, 2018 @ 3:23pm 
It fits the artstyle!?
Not at all
creechur Apr 15, 2018 @ 9:46am 
Originally posted by NameNotFinal:
It fits the artstyle!?
Not at all
I dont know if you've seen the artstyle lately, but they went from cosmetics that fit the classes to a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ banana you wear on your head, alongside other stuff. The style of TF2 is constantly adapting and changing. The Frontlines community update thing for example. That was almost entirely realistic stuff, and it almost made it into the game.
cartoonify anything and put it in TF2, FITS IN PEOPLE!
Kyoto Apr 17, 2018 @ 1:58am 
норм
The OG artstyle died when people started painting their items in neon lime

And Volvo just adds anything these days.
Last edited by |69th| Sgt .Jackal91; Apr 18, 2018 @ 7:37am
Glaxxico May 21, 2018 @ 5:25am 
Originally posted by Grumio est in culina:
Actually this weapon is fairly reminiscent of experimental cold war weapons, like the korobov TKB for instance, so I find it somewhat fitting, seeing as how the ingame universe is a sort of offshoot of the height of the cold war in the 60's and 70's.
But artstyles.
Glaxxico May 21, 2018 @ 5:26am 
This thread is long dead.
there is literally nothing wrong with how the weapon looks, not only that the gun itself is based on and old cold war rifle so it fits into tf2 like bread and butter
Memes Fellow Feb 27, 2019 @ 3:57am 
It doesn't violate the artstyle anymore than the Hitman's Heatmaker or Cleaner's Carbine.
The invention of the bullpup design in rifles was beginning to develop in the period tf2 last comics takes place in. so it fits. sorry to necro this thread, but it has to be said.
SlimPickens Aug 21, 2021 @ 7:41pm 
it has ♥♥♥♥♥♥ proportions. if it looks like that then its within the art style. the same can't be said for cosmetics but it fits.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50