Arma 3
AV-8B Harrier 2
Il Duce Jan 12, 2018 @ 7:54pm
'VTOL' Control off.
(First of, im a VTOL/Heli pilot.) So i knowing the VTOL Controls. I Decided to land to see what would be required etc to go down slow and as soon as i hit the group my plane go FULL Throttle and Vector decrease was straight foward. Im not sure if anybody had this, if you do please confirm(Incase I did something wrong) I HAD MANUAL CONTROL ON.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Il Duce Jan 12, 2018 @ 8:01pm 
* -Edit- I found that the Vtol Control doesnt work on the group only in the Air - *
Tungsten Jan 14, 2018 @ 10:49am 
How to VTOL anyway?
Can't seem to be able to get the nozzle further down than 45 deg.
Il Duce Jan 15, 2018 @ 2:21pm 
Originally posted by Tungsten:
How to VTOL anyway?
Can't seem to be able to get the nozzle further down than 45 deg.
Disable Auto Vector - Then use Scroll Wheel + ctrl to raise/lower vector. It takes a while to know how much power you need to land perfectly. You can find it in the field manual also.
smuttoN Jan 20, 2018 @ 7:44pm 
I'm also having this problem. It seems one cannot take off VTOL without first gaining horizontal speed, and then manually configuring VTOL to ascend vertically.

Basically, it seems it won't let you engage VTOL at all unless you're going a certain speed on the ground.
Il Duce Jan 21, 2018 @ 10:00am 
Originally posted by smuttoN:
I'm also having this problem. It seems one cannot take off VTOL without first gaining horizontal speed, and then manually configuring VTOL to ascend vertically.

Basically, it seems it won't let you engage VTOL at all unless you're going a certain speed on the ground.

i figures out that they use a short take off to savefuel but land as a vtol. Go watchsome videos.
asm987 Jan 21, 2018 @ 8:53pm 
It does have VTO capability. It just prevents you do that when your plane is armed. If you don't have anything on your plane's loadout, it'll VTO just fine.

Real harrier has a tight weight limit when it comes to VTO. And STO is advised when you are on a combat mission with some ordnances. The game Arma lacks complexity to implement proper weight limit for each take off, so the mod creator blocked VTO when you are armed to add a bit more realism in this limited environment of the game.
smuttoN Jan 28, 2018 @ 2:15pm 
Originally posted by MinorityShack:
Originally posted by smuttoN:

i figures out that they use a short take off to savefuel but land as a vtol. Go watchsome videos.

Don't tell me what to do, you're not my real dad.

Originally posted by asm987:
It does have VTO capability. It just prevents you do that when your plane is armed. If you don't have anything on your plane's loadout, it'll VTO just fine.

Real harrier has a tight weight limit when it comes to VTO. And STO is advised when you are on a combat mission with some ordnances. The game Arma lacks complexity to implement proper weight limit for each take off, so the mod creator blocked VTO when you are armed to add a bit more realism in this limited environment of the game.

There should be an option if we want that realism, in my opinion; Arma isn't a perfect model for realism - renders the realism pointless, although it's a good idea.

Basically, it's not true VTOL in regards to Arma.
Last edited by smuttoN; Jan 28, 2018 @ 2:17pm
Feint Feb 24, 2018 @ 2:52pm 
The way to fix this is: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_CfgVehicles_Plane_class_config_reference#vtol

Vtol = 4; // this gives control over to the pilot instead of the stupid Arma auto nozzel control.
Daemon1808 Aug 19, 2018 @ 10:35am 
First of all: thankyou to all the people involve in this development. It is a incredible and wonderfull work.
Yesterday I have suscribe this mod and after some tries I was able to do TRUE Vertical Takeoff (not short takeoff) using this mod, without having to change anything.

For everyone interested in how to VTO only with this mod, this is the link. Hope you enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OstKWIUoy0Y
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50