Tabletop Simulator

Tabletop Simulator

Runewars Miniatures Game
Zetan  [developer] Dec 28, 2017 @ 5:59pm
Development Goals
Going to keep this up to date with all my goals for this mod. Each will have a difficulty rating (1 is I know how to do it, 5 is it seems impossible) and a demand rating (1 is nobody seems to care much, 5 is it would make the game way more easy/fun to play).

Let me know which of these you would like to see happen sooner (so I can adjust the demand numbers to reflect the community, rather than just my personal desires) and also if you'd like to see something that isn't listed here.

3D Terrain
Difficulty: 1
Demand: 2
I'd like to grab a bunch of terrain models and stick them into this mod. I think the table looks way cooler if it has 3d terrain on it.

Complete Deployment/Objective cards
Difficulty: 2
Demand: 3
There are definitely a lot of missing deployment/objective cards. I'd like to gather scans of them all and complete those decks.

Army Import from tabletopadmiral.com
Difficulty: 3
Demand: 3
I've been talking to the owner of tabletopadmiral.com and he can design an export link. I've seen other mods import army lists, so it's just a matter of looking at what they did and copying it, theoretically.

Automated Movement
Difficulty: 4
Demand: 4
Moving a unit using some sort of script instead of manually dragging it would be fantastic. I haven't really looked into how to do this, though, or if it's even possible. I know X-Wing mods do it, but I suspect the multi-tray aspect of Runewars is going to make it a pain. We'll see how it looks when I start researching.

Scanned models
Difficulty: 4
Demand: 2
I'm reasonably certain I can use this tutorial to scan all the official models: https://3dscanexpert.com/free-3d-scanning-video-smartphone/
I don't know how difficult it will be, but it will DEFINITELY be time-consuming.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
budgernaut Dec 28, 2017 @ 6:25pm 
Having scanned models isn't an immediate need, but we do need some way of representing figure upgrades (especially infantry command upgrades) accurately.
Zetan  [developer] Dec 28, 2017 @ 6:29pm 
Originally posted by budgernaut:
Having scanned models isn't an immediate need, but we do need some way of representing figure upgrades (especially infantry command upgrades) accurately.
I actually took care of that in this update! Have a look; I have some special figures you can add to units. If you hover over them you can see what they're supposed to represent.
budgernaut Dec 28, 2017 @ 6:33pm 
Okay, I'll check it out. I'm just having trouble finding it when I get into TTS. It keeps loading the old mod.

EDIT: Got it working! Nice job with the figure upgrades!
Last edited by budgernaut; Dec 28, 2017 @ 6:38pm
Zetan  [developer] Dec 28, 2017 @ 6:44pm 
Okay, I'll check it out. I'm just having trouble finding it when I get into TTS. It keeps loading the old mod.

EDIT: Got it working! Nice job with the figure upgrades!
Thanks! I suggest unsubscribing from the old mod, if you haven't done so; should make things less confusing. Hope you enjoy!
budgernaut Dec 28, 2017 @ 6:52pm 
Is there a way to embed those figure upgrades? Or do you just place them on the spot where you delete the unit's normal figure? Also, you mention building your army ahead of time. Is there a way to save that?
Zetan  [developer] Dec 29, 2017 @ 5:20am 
Is there a way to embed those figure upgrades? Or do you just place them on the spot where you delete the unit's normal figure? Also, you mention building your army ahead of time. Is there a way to save that?

For the figure upgrade, place them on the spot where you deleted the unit's normal figure and use the Joint tool to keep them in place. If you're not sure how to use the Joint tool, have a look at this: http://berserk-games.com/knowledgebase/joints-tool/

For saving your army, place everything you want to save (dials, units, cards) into a secluded area (like the center of the table) so you can click-and-drag to highlight it all. Right-click something (the thing you click will sorta be the thumbnail for the army) and click Save Object. Name the army and hit save.

Then, when you're in the game with the person you want to play with, you can click Objects at the top of the screen and select Saved Objects from the drop-down. Click the name of your army to spawn it into the middle of the table. Or click-and-drag it to spawn it elsewhere, but I don't suggest this, as some of it could fall off the table, which can get... bad.

Anyway, more on saving/spawning objects (including how to make folders and keep your armies organized) here: http://berserk-games.com/knowledgebase/chest-saving-objects/ and here: http://berserk-games.com/knowledgebase/spawning-objects/
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50