Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Underhell SWEPs and items
Қatka ♥ Nov 27, 2017 @ 2:46am
Question about the ragdoll splitting in half
In the video, when you kill with the axe, the body gets split in half. How did you achieve this, is it some kind of a workshop addon?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Krede  [developer] Nov 27, 2017 @ 7:30am 
Originally posted by Қatka ♥:
In the video, when you kill with the axe, the body gets split in half. How did you achieve this, is it some kind of a workshop addon?
It's a custom addon I made, though it isn't released. You can probably find something like it on the workshop.
Қatka ♥ Nov 27, 2017 @ 10:11am 
Out of curiosity, does it use custom models? Or it uses clips and stencils on already existing ragdoll models. Asking that because I have been looking into clipping away half of ragdolls, but no success.
Krede  [developer] Nov 27, 2017 @ 11:39am 
Originally posted by Қatka ♥:
Out of curiosity, does it use custom models? Or it uses clips and stencils on already existing ragdoll models. Asking that because I have been looking into clipping away half of ragdolls, but no success.
It's creating 2 clientside ragdolls and cutting them at the same position, opposite angle.
I'd not recommend doing it though because it has a few flaws with it.
Illegal Poptart Nov 27, 2017 @ 4:10pm 
if its an addon, are you going to release it?

if so, when?
nuck Nov 28, 2017 @ 6:53am 
let me tell you, i'd instantly download that ♥♥♥♥ and would probably mess around with it for the next 10 hours because im tired of the same gore mods. everytime it's just the head or the limb which gets just really small but is physically still in the same place. but this is actually interesting, im asking how it becomes 2 actual clientside ragdolls, respect ma man.
Femcel Antics Nov 28, 2017 @ 11:13am 
Wait so if it creates 2 ragdolls then it means its compatible with any npc right? Download please I care not about the errors. Or well IF you are going to release it, but it would've been dumb to show it if not going to release.
Krede  [developer] Nov 28, 2017 @ 11:20am 
Originally posted by Ileryonλ3000:
Wait so if it creates 2 ragdolls then it means its compatible with any npc right? Download please I care not about the errors. Or well IF you are going to release it, but it would've been dumb to show it if not going to release.
When I made the video (Like a year ago) I was going to release it alongside this addon. There were many problems and I didn't like the way it was coded because it included a bunch of small hacks and shortcuts so I eventually lost interest and stopped working on it. Errors weren't really the biggest concern, but optimization, bugs and engine limitations still are.
Darkone Nov 28, 2017 @ 2:48pm 
when are you going to add the dismemberment mod
Illegal Poptart Nov 28, 2017 @ 5:24pm 
oh
Ultimate Doge Nov 28, 2017 @ 7:09pm 
Krede, We need another dismemberment mod. I'm getting tired of the same old dismemberment mods and they REEEALLY suck. There is NO other dismemberment mod besides the old crappy one. We don't care about the errors! WE NEED THAT ADDON!
nuck Nov 29, 2017 @ 4:55am 
EXACTLY!!!!!!
Limbo Nov 29, 2017 @ 1:20pm 
as other people already pointed out the dismemberment mods on the workshop are pretty crappy so i don't know if you are going to release it but lets just say that you are going to become one of the best addons creator if you are going to achive what people were trying to do since ages
mephedrön Dec 1, 2017 @ 1:35pm 
I hope that Krede will upload his gore mod. In the video it looks godlikely.
Also I think that Underhell is the best Half Life 2 mod ever created.
VeFrAx Jan 3, 2018 @ 10:54am 
JUST DO IT!!!
VeFrAx Jan 3, 2018 @ 10:54am 
RELEASE THE ADDON!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Per page: 1530 50