Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

The Vector Projector
Kineem Mar 21, 2015 @ 1:25pm
Stats
With that description and one picture, it's probably a weapon which will detect spies instantly.

-A buzzing effect comes out of that little microphone on the right when the beam is on a Spy, also turns the disguised spy blue/red where the beam is touching it. Hold the left click down to keep the beam firing, it uses no ammo to use the beam.
-Alt-Fire: When the beam's on a Spy, using the Alt-Fire Uncloaks/Undisguises Spies. If used on one undisguised and uncloaked, will stop them from cloaking for six seconds, will stop them from disguising for four. Uses ammo, has no travel time.
-Does no damage to any class.
-Marks Spies For Death for as long as it's held on them, lasts for three seconds.

Yeah?
Last edited by Kineem; Mar 21, 2015 @ 1:27pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
saulorns Mar 21, 2015 @ 5:26pm 
I think the Alt-Fire part is a bit OP,because if you happen to have a sentry on the area,it would lock the spy and if the spy somehow get healed,the sentry would still detect him,i think the alt fire should be like this:I will show some markers of area,when you use it it will scan the are for spys,if there is no soud,there is no spy,if it makes,call a pyro as fast as you can

Or it would reveal him just for you,like if the is invisible,for you he will be visible,but just for you,the mark to death thing it cool and less op,these are coold ideas
Kineem Mar 21, 2015 @ 8:15pm 
Originally posted by saulorns:
I think the Alt-Fire part is a bit OP,because if you happen to have a sentry on the area,it would lock the spy and if the spy somehow get healed,the sentry would still detect him...

Yeah, I was figured that would be a bit OP. The thing is though, an Engi would usually place their sentry in a key hallway or spot, which would usually be blocked by a corner. It would take a Spy a second to go past the corner disguised, and quickly sap everything, so time is of the essence for this defending Engi. That's why the effects are short, but OP, as that style would drive Spy's away.
saulorns Mar 26, 2015 @ 11:43am 
Originally posted by SweeTaco Belle:
I think the Alt-Fire part is a bit OP,because if you happen to have a sentry on the area,it would lock the spy and if the spy somehow get healed,the sentry would still detect him...

Yeah, I was figured that would be a bit OP. The thing is though, an Engi would usually place their sentry in a key hallway or spot, which would usually be blocked by a corner. It would take a Spy a second to go past the corner disguised, and quickly sap everything, so time is of the essence for this defending Engi. That's why the effects are short, but OP, as that style would drive Spy's away.

I was thinkig about Well,one of the best sentry spots is on the middle top,there the places to a spy hide are pretty hard to find,because there must be another sentry on the area,so I created another stats for your stats(not saying that your status are not cool,they do)that i think would be better
Kineem Mar 26, 2015 @ 12:58pm 
I was thinkig about Well,one of the best sentry spots is on the middle top,there the places to a spy hide are pretty hard to find,because there must be another sentry on the area,so I created another stats for your stats(not saying that your status are not cool,they do)that i think would be better

Yeah, that's true in cases like those. If they're disguised and can disguise themselves well, this is useless. If there's another path for them to go through to get onto your side, they can take that, disguise as a teammate of yours, and then sap your nest as you turn your back thinking they won't do anything.
Squishy Dec 11, 2015 @ 9:15pm 
what if it was a... HOLOGRAM MAKER
1: You make a hologram of a team-mate
2: Control the hologram
3: Confuse the enemy
so? anyone like?
Mamaspear#savetf2 Nov 4, 2019 @ 12:30pm 
nice
eye Jul 8, 2021 @ 9:47am 
Originally posted by Kineem:
With that description and one picture, it's probably a weapon which will detect spies instantly.

-A buzzing effect comes out of that little microphone on the right when the beam is on a Spy, also turns the disguised spy blue/red where the beam is touching it. Hold the left click down to keep the beam firing, it uses no ammo to use the beam.
-Alt-Fire: When the beam's on a Spy, using the Alt-Fire Uncloaks/Undisguises Spies. If used on one undisguised and uncloaked, will stop them from cloaking for six seconds, will stop them from disguising for four. Uses ammo, has no travel time.
-Does no damage to any class.
-Marks Spies For Death for as long as it's held on them, lasts for three seconds.

Yeah?
too OP, could litteraly make the Spy class unplayable.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50