RimWorld

RimWorld

More Furniture [B18]
Anonemous2  [developer] Feb 4, 2018 @ 7:41am
Translations: Help and Suggestions
This is where you should post if you want to request another translation, or if you want me to fix an included one.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Yucky_Yak Jul 11, 2018 @ 9:11am 
I've been using this awesome mod for a while now and the only thing that has been bothering me is the russian translation.Its horrendously bad.Probably google-translated.So it happens that i know the language and offer my help with translation.The mod does not have that much text after all.

Edit.:The description of a tiny table literally says "A table colonist can eat". Not eat at. Just eat. A tasty one probably.
Last edited by Yucky_Yak; Jul 11, 2018 @ 9:15am
Anonemous2  [developer] Jul 13, 2018 @ 9:22pm 
Originally posted by Yucky_Yak:
I've been using this awesome mod for a while now and the only thing that has been bothering me is the russian translation.Its horrendously bad.Probably google-translated.So it happens that i know the language and offer my help with translation.The mod does not have that much text after all.

Edit.:The description of a tiny table literally says "A table colonist can eat". Not eat at. Just eat. A tasty one probably.

Sorry for the late replay, but, if you want to help translate I would appreciate it. I did infact, google-translate, being the only way I could get a translate by myself (and only good with English). There's a good chance the other translations have similar mistakes, but no-one has mentioned anthing yet...

Again, sorry for the delayed response, I've been lagging with support for awhile.
Last edited by Anonemous2; Jul 13, 2018 @ 9:25pm
Yucky_Yak Jul 27, 2018 @ 8:41am 
Originally posted by Anonemous2:
Originally posted by Yucky_Yak:

Sorry for the late replay, but, if you want to help translate I would appreciate it. I did infact, google-translate, being the only way I could get a translate by myself (and only good with English). There's a good chance the other translations have similar mistakes, but no-one has mentioned anthing yet...

Again, sorry for the delayed response, I've been lagging with support for awhile.

Ooops i failed to respond in time too.
In fact,im not familiar with translating mods, how one does that? Is it like you e-mail me the texts and then i send them back to you when im done? Or i have to find all the files myself and then translate them and just send to you somehow?

Really,im so sorry for being THAT late.I hope i can still be of help.
*subbed to the discussion in order not to be late two weeks again*
Last edited by Yucky_Yak; Jul 27, 2018 @ 8:56am
Anonemous2  [developer] Jul 27, 2018 @ 8:59pm 
No problem, it happens,
Anyways, translations overide the orginal lables/discriptions of the object. To update, you need to replace the text I have orginally created for this translation. For example:

<Anon2SomeObject.label>Chair</Anon2SomeObject.label>
<Anon2SomeObject.description>Poor Translation</Anon2SomeObject.description>

Replace Chair and Poor Translation with

<Anon2SomeObject.label>Awesome Chair</Anon2SomeObject.label>
<Anon2SomeObject.description>Better Translation</Anon2SomeObject.description>

Done, now Awesome Chair will appear ingame as the name along with the new description, once added to mod.

Here's the Russian Translation currently in the game:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nfly1owhrf7g48/RussianTranslateMF.zip?dl=0
You'll have to go in to each file inside DefInjected and update it.

If you'd like to test it in-game, I can upload the rest of the mod so you can.
Last edited by Anonemous2; Jul 27, 2018 @ 9:00pm
Yucky_Yak Jul 28, 2018 @ 5:30am 
Translated and tested it in-game. Seems to work fine. Took ages to find the mod in workshop folder though :D
I've changed carpet descriptions a bit, e.g. instead of "Bed blue carpet" it is just "Bright blue carpet" with info about the bed it matches moved into the description, because i didn't want the name of the carpet to be too bulky (like "Ковер цвета медицинской кровати").
Other descriptions are the exact translations of their english counterparts.

Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f9rxc98kechjcs/RusTranslation_YuckyYak.zip?dl=0
Last edited by Yucky_Yak; Jul 28, 2018 @ 9:13am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50