Railway Empire

Railway Empire

Railway Empire Workshop
Share your self built maps amongst other players or download their built maps.
Learn More
Kobaz Jun 2, 2021 @ 8:50pm
Game is beautiful but, the AI for train management is BROKEN
I'm unable to complete chapter 2 in the campaigns. 30 minutes into the game I need 750k to build a train from Baltimore to Pittsburgh through the mountains. How am I supposed to do this when I spent all my money building to Baltimore to New York.

I add signals and side tracks at all the right places and a second one way rail line where I can afford it and trains still wait for a month at a signal because some other train is holding it up. I can't for the life of me figure out why it's going to wait for a train 3 cities away while the entire path is clear.

I miss the days of Railroad Tycoon for DOS, train conflict resolution AI was much better 30 years ago back in 1990.

Am I missing something, or is this an incredible oversight from the developers?
Last edited by Kobaz; Jun 2, 2021 @ 8:59pm
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Kobaz Jun 2, 2021 @ 8:58pm 
For the developers: This game SERIOUSLY needs it's own versions of Cities Skylines Traffic Manager. Each train line should have a set of specific tracks the train will use for it's entire round trip so that when you build a dedicated bypass line, it actually gets used.

This would be ideal rather than have 4 trains queue up behind each other when there's clearly 4 dedicated paths into the next city that each one could be taking instead of waiting almost indefinitely,
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50