Hand of Fate 2

Hand of Fate 2

Does fate favor you, Game Master?
Create and submit all-new encounters, challenges, equipment, traits, and more and shape your own adventures in the Game of Life and Death.
Learn More
HOF1 mod In HOF2
Hello all, just had a crazy idea today. I just recently got back into HOF and finished off the first one and started on the second one and am loving the new features and cards so far. I was thinking about getting into modding to try to put together the maps from the campaign of HOF1 that I enjoyed so much into HOF2 to utilize the new cards in the old format; or try to anyway. Not sure how close it would be to the original, but I wanted feedback or to know if anyone is already working on this (or would like to), or if devs would be interested in this as a dlc idea *wink wink*.

But so far, I have a way for the story to transition into the mod with what I know of the story thus far.

Your carriage either hits a box with the old deck in it and you pick it up, you get it from a token or several shard events, the dealer finds it in the carriage when looking for something, etc. Once the old deck is found:

The Dealer: "I haven't seen this retched deck in a while. Curious thing it is, care to try your luck against it?"

Also, what are your thoughts on fame being implemented on some of the older cards? Fame could be avoided altogether by having the Dealer say, "Fame is not something you'll find here, in these lands" or "Nothing will gain you fame here"

I know without the audio for the dealer it would just be text, not as cool, but I still think it would transition fairly well. I believe having access to all the card options on the HOF wiki will make this task easier but just putting in all the data would be a labor of love.

Please leave feedback, tell me that I'll be wasting months on a mod three people will play, whatever suits your fancy.
Last edited by Blackjack Barret; Jan 13, 2019 @ 8:25am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Cheeseness  [developer] 4 Jan 12, 2019 @ 12:50am 
Moving this over to the Workshop Discussion forum since the topic belongs there, but I've left a week long redirect from the General Discussion forum so as to allow it some of the visibility you were hoping for.
Kohryujin Jan 12, 2019 @ 10:06am 
I've said before that I would love to see more of the first game in this version.
So good luck on your mod, I hope it goes great.
Dargenom 5 Jan 13, 2019 @ 1:10am 
I'll chip in and say that I'd love to see a HoF1 mod as well! And don't worry about the defiant devs, they're the coolest bunch of people I've ever worked with.

You might want to check out the hand of fate discord server, you'll get a lot more eyes on your mod posting there and you'll get faster replies if you need help with anything.
Blackjack Barret Jan 13, 2019 @ 8:23am 
Originally posted by Dargenom:
I'll chip in and say that I'd love to see a HoF1 mod as well! And don't worry about the defiant devs, they're the coolest bunch of people I've ever worked with.

You might want to check out the hand of fate discord server, you'll get a lot more eyes on your mod posting there and you'll get faster replies if you need help with anything.

Thanks for the suggestion! Didn't know about the discord server til now.
Bleydoka Feb 11, 2019 @ 5:43pm 
did you start your project or is it dead?
Blackjack Barret Feb 11, 2019 @ 5:54pm 
Originally posted by Bleydoka:
did you start your project or is it dead?
It's started but it's slow as I'm a full time student, I'll try to get part of it released in the upcoming month.
Bleydoka Feb 11, 2019 @ 6:09pm 
wow nice to hear :) i'm waiting patiently
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50