Counter-Strike 2

Counter-Strike 2

为《反恐精英》做出贡献!
有兴趣为《反恐精英》创作内容吗? 那就来展示一下您的能耐吧。 探索我们的武器、印花、地图制作指南,并开始提交作品吧。
了解更多
Chi Chi 2 2014 年 6 月 19 日 上午 1:57
Workshop Copyright?
Hi I've been looking around through the subscriber agreement and I can't find anything on royalty free images, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if you're allowed to use royalty free or copyright free images in your workshop items?
< >
正在显示第 1 - 6 条,共 6 条留言
WhiteKnight77 2014 年 6 月 19 日 上午 4:21 
Are you talking about a game you are making or a game you wish to take a screenshot of?
Chi Chi 2 2014 年 6 月 19 日 上午 4:32 
引用自 WhiteKnight77
Are you talking about a game you are making or a game you wish to take a screenshot of?

This is about me creating items in CS:Go and using royalty free or copyright free textures or pictures to make my own image/gun texture I just wanted to know if this is allowed or will come under the copyright infringement. I don't think it will seen as its royalty and copyright free I just wanted to make sure before I spend time creating textures and images and incorporating a certain image into the mix to make a skin.
Satoru 2014 年 6 月 19 日 上午 5:06 
The workshop SSA agreement says you have to own the rights to distribute the content you put up. Even royalty-free/copyright-free items have restrictions on how they can be used. You would need to refer to distribution agreements for those images first and whether you are allowed to use them for commercial purposes.
Marble 2014 年 6 月 19 日 上午 5:10 
I would have said no, because anything you submit for use in-game becomes property of Valve. You might have permission to use a royalty free image, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Valve does.
Copyright-free images are a tricky issue. 99.99% of images on the Internet do not display a usage license, so you cannot actually use them for something that could possibly be monetized.
Satoru 2014 年 6 月 19 日 上午 5:14 
Also 'copyright free' doesnt actually technocally exist. Copyrights are assigned when you create all content. I dont really think you can 'waive' those rights. YOu can assign things like Coyp-Left licenses or a Creative Commons license. But you cant really waive your copyright rights away.

Doy ou mean a 'royalty free' license?
最后由 Satoru 编辑于; 2014 年 6 月 19 日 上午 5:15
Blendzior 2023 年 8 月 24 日 下午 3:45 
引用自 Satoru
The workshop SSA agreement says you have to own the rights to distribute the content you put up. Even royalty-free/copyright-free items have restrictions on how they can be used. You would need to refer to distribution agreements for those images first and whether you are allowed to use them for commercial purposes.

Hey, what about a skin finish that was previously created by Valve? Here i found Valve's statement that they can't use skins to which rights they don't have.
https://www.counter-strike.net/workshop/workshopfaq
But if we are talking about creating a skin like Dragon Lore for some other gun than AWP in my opinion would not be a violation of cypyrights since Valve owns creator's rights to Dragon Lore finish.
Correct me if I'm wrong
< >
正在显示第 1 - 6 条,共 6 条留言
每页显示数: 1530 50

发帖日期: 2014 年 6 月 19 日 上午 1:57
回复数: 6