3.3 hrs last two weeks / 2,214.9 hrs on record
Posted: Sep 16, 2014 @ 5:22pm
Updated: Nov 30, 2014 @ 1:54pm

OK, review time.

Would I recommend this game? Absolutely. It's one hell of a fun game that just keeps getting better with each new build. It's not perfect, there are still a few rough edges, but the Devs are busting their butts to get everything working properly. The gameplay is surprisingly addicting, sometimes I look at the clock and wonder where the last 4 hours went, but looking at my fort shows me where they went.

There are some great elements of the game still being worked on (NPC's, Map Expansion) that will certainly alter the current games play style. No longer will we be "limited" to just raiding Muldraugh, West Point, or the "New(ish)" Mall area/recent expansion......which to be perfectly honest is quite a bit of looting to begin with. It honestly necessitates a new Safehouse/Fortress for each area as carrying all the stuff you find between forts would be kind of pointless...as the current map is that big....(map link) http://pzmap.crash-override.net/ and the planned additions of Louisville, Fort Knox and whatever lies in between them will make this a HUGE map.

My play style is a little Kamikaze(ish), i love to get a Nailed Baseball Bat or an Axe and take on a horde or two, just swinging away till either the zombies are dead, my weapon breaks, or i have to run and get bandaged up.....maybe have my character drink some bleach if the zombies made me bleed. Consequently, i rarely have a character last much beyond a month in the game. But that's the fun of the game, it lulls you into thinking that you are "Too Good" for the mere zombies to hurt....until they get you surrounded and you remember that you swore to yourself last time, that you would not let that happen again.

But don't take my word for it, try it out for yourself and see how well you do. Just remember the words on the screen at the beginning of the game "This is how you died"

EDIT on November 30, 2014

As i write this we have just had a recent hotfix of Build 30, which brought in a Medical Overhaul. I have fallen out of windows and broken feet and legs, requiring me to bandage and splint the injuries then just wait for it to heal. I have cut my hands climbing in thru broken windows, had to get some tweezers and pry out the lodged glass before bandaging, possibly having to stitch the wound. Been scratched and bitten by zombies, requiring me to disinfect, stitch/bandage the wound and hope i did not get infected.

Of course, before i can do any of this, i had to locate the needed medical equipment at various locations on the map. With the new overhaul, it's even possible to bleed out from a bad wound if i cannot locate some band aids, bandages, or even some sheets or clothing to rip up for use as a low grade bandage. One nice thing is the ability to clean a bandage for reuse.

I swear, every new build the Devs come up with just continues to draw you in and add more game immersion, and they have plans to "adjust" the game to make it harder for you to survive a lengthy amount of time.

The MP has continued to improve, with more and more Game Server companies starting to add PZ to their inventory. And i just realized i did not mention some of the other new things in the latest Build (30.3) We have more Sandbox options available when starting a new game, including adjusting how often Zombies respawn, whether or not you want random loot respawn and it's frequency.

OH yeah, the incredible Erosion mod has been integrated into the base game which literally is Mother Nature taking over the map...vines growing up buildings, cracks in pavement, trees losing their leaves as fall approaches then regrowing as spring comes, bushes and trees growing in places where we Humans would remove them, SNOW, and so much more that i just cannot think of right now.

OK, I don't want this to be a 10,000 word review so i'll stop here. but as before, if you would like to see some gameplay there are plety of videos on youtube from guys like MatthasGames and Eckyman. Or, check on Twitch or Hitbox and catch a live stream. Either way, I hope you enjoy what you see and you too join the Zomboid community.
Dead inside Apr 11 @ 3:35am
ты че бан
FluffyGuy Nov 1, 2018 @ 5:40pm
Howdd a pc blow up?
syefye Jun 20, 2018 @ 12:35pm
just life getting in the way of gaming.....and a PC that blew up . still keeping an eye on the game and the Devs, catching Twitch streams when possible. and i still highly recommend this game.
Trogdor Jun 10, 2018 @ 10:54am
Looks like you dropped this game entirely.
mikesmith1595 Jan 30, 2018 @ 9:46pm
This and your hours have made me want to buy this.
syefye Jan 4, 2016 @ 9:20pm
actually, i bought it December 2013. and i know of another player who is more than double my total, with well over 4 THOUSAND HOURS!!
PorkyPhill Jan 4, 2016 @ 7:45am
how is it possible to get 2k hours in like half a year that is like 80 hours a week
Starbug Sep 24, 2015 @ 5:44pm
Good review!
N0T S3NS1BLE Sep 20, 2015 @ 3:34am
ok 2k hours ....
GoodOldLeon Sep 1, 2015 @ 9:10pm
"But that's the fun of the game, it lulls you into thinking that you are "Too Good" for the mere zombies to hurt....until they get you surrounded and you remember that you swore to yourself last time, that you would not let that happen again." THIS. Over and over. Awesome review man.