Recent reviews by Pug

< 1  2  3 ... 8 >
This game is great. Loads of replayability. I definitely give this game a thumbs up.

Rogue Legacy + Spelunky + The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) + Binding of Isaac = Undermine

I'm not joking when I say that this should have been a deeply considered for the 2020 Indie Game of the Year Award! Too bad I just discovered it this month. I've been missing out.
Posted August 9. Last edited August 9.
A great little minigame setup. If you've never played Warioware...well, you've missed out...but you can experience a similar gameplay style in this little gem.

Good price (especially one sale). Good gameplay. Good choice.
Posted July 16.
Great Game...Incredibly short (30 minutes to complete), and because of the length - buy it on a deep sale, or you'll feel cheated.

PROS: Interesting mechanics. Action oriented. Story was just getting interesting...

CONS: Overpriced for a short game which feels like a demo. I was just getting into the game, and then it ended. Felt cheated it was so short, and I even went around to explore more (collect the four keys, watch the music thing, look for my brother, etc).

Seemed like a great little puzzle game until about 45 minutes of a kid playing the in-game narrator said, "I'll be damned." (Not a big deal for adults, but I thought this was for kids!?!)
I asked the kid who was playing if the game had said that word before. The child answered three to five times (for that 45 minute span of playtime).

Too bad that we expected a very family friendly game, but instead got a child-like game with curse words. Hopefully, these kids will not be repeating that word and telling people that he learned it at my house.

If the developer can edit out the curse words, and censor the narration this would be a 100% thumbs up.
Posted April 4.
Just for "Tales of the Arabian Nights" this pack is worth it!
Wow...for me, that was one of the most satisfying tables I've played on. Love the minigames and quests.
My only "wish" now is that I could own the actual table.

This seems like a must pack just for that table alone. The Cirqus Voltaire in classic mode is great too, but the updated version with the dancing green guy is just irritating to me...but the original play is nice.
This is a highly recommended pack because of Tales of the Arabian Nights.
Posted March 11.
Sadly, this nice little game has a broken interface that sometimes bugs out and breaks the game (which you can't "resume" playing).
If you click on the board by accident after you've selected the piece, the board zooms out and you can't place your piece...and that's the end of the game mid-way thorough. Developers are non-responsive on Steam, and players that claim to have submitted tickets on the company's website haven't received responses over half a year later.

I'm actually going to have to refund this, to my dismay.
Posted December 27, 2020.
This surely was the most innovative gameplay title of 2020. Wonderful game!
Posted November 25, 2020.
Yes, but there's some just not fun parts...and you'll probably have to check the online guide.

A COUPLE OF EXAMPLES OF WHAT'S NOT FUN:
  • The Moon Phase level - Total GARBAGE with nothing to base it on...and "5" is a full moon while "1" is no moon on a scale from zero to ten?!? That's not even good math!
  • The website level FORCES you to load their website? I certainly hope they keep the registration for it so no one puts a malicious website there one day. To save you the risk: 2-3-7-8-5-4-6-1
  • The level that FORCES you to minimize the game or toggle out of it is stupid, since many players are full screen and may not understand how to even do that!
  • The level that forces you to go back into the settings menu to adjust the game is broken since even if you do that and you "load" the game again, it jumps you back into the same level! You have to manually select the next level, and a new player coming from level 1 playing the game will NOT see that as an obvious option.
  • The favorite phrase question has an obvious answer, but not being able to use spaces in a phrase does not makes sense! the game should accept "i hate this game" WITH spaces! I had to look at a guide to find that one for sure!
...and as of the writing of this article (30-40 minutes playtime plus almost five hours to idle the cards), I'm only have way through.
For the price, it's a good game, but has some significant flaws!
I expect about 75 minutes of playtime based on the level count and the progress I've made to far.
Posted July 29, 2020. Last edited July 29, 2020.
Great game...BUT...No local multiplayer on PC, even though it supports the XBox controllers.
We're all very sad that they left it out of this iconic game and the other Halo game ports. This is good but it could have been something ao much more!
Posted July 14, 2020.