Recent reviews by Rock

An absolutely incredible recreation of Half-Life. I played the original mod back in 2012 which surpassed my expectations, but this final release completely obliterated that. This is a *must play* game for any Half-Life fan. It expands on so many story elements and includes an amazing incredible amount of worldbuilding (especially in Xen) that I was not expecting. It took me about 30-35 hours so it's well worth it. Also I want to note how amazing the graphics and music are. Joel Nielsen deserves an award for the incredible composition and sound design he put into this game. No game has blown me away like this since Portal 2. Just play it.
Posted April 12, 2020. Last edited April 12, 2020.
Excellent game with amazing replayability combined with an extremely fitting soundtrack.
Posted November 23, 2016.
Fantastic mod, very high up on my hours played for steam games. It's sometimes a little finicky to get an online server up and running, but once it is, hours of fun with friends will follow. Public servers are also a blast, playing through the citidel with over 15 people is pure insanity and fun. I would reccomend this to anybody with a little technical know-how to get a server running and play with friends.

9/10
Posted August 2, 2014. Last edited August 2, 2014.
Utter hilarity, really fun. Best played with a friend or two
Posted July 13, 2013.
My review was positive, but I've now changed it to negative with the addition of the paid mods system. Shame on both Bethesda and on Valve for this terrible idea. This will ruin the PC game industry as we know it. Congratulations Valvethesda, you've just started the crash of the gaming industry we've all been predicting for years.
Posted December 28, 2011. Last edited April 26, 2015.
I love this game.
Posted December 18, 2010.