leogoess Jul 16, 2018 @ 11:19am
Mudar o nome de login
Pode ser apenas um detalhe, que muitos devem achar que não faz diferença nenhuma. Mas seria ótimo a Steam dar a possibilidade para nós usuários de mudarmos o que quisermos de nossas contas, inclusive o nome de login que não há como mudar.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Brujeira Jul 16, 2018 @ 11:23am 
Can't be done without completely restructuring Steam's back-end databases. Yes, I know it's a pain but that's the way it is.
MrL0G1C Jul 16, 2018 @ 11:24am 
Been asked for a lot of times. It's been said it's not possible because the login named is used for X, Y & Z but that really doesn't matter, A new field could be used for login name - a changeable field, and the login name itself could be hidden and nothing much would then have to change.
MrL0G1C Jul 16, 2018 @ 11:25am 
Originally posted by Brujeira:
Can't be done without completely restructuring Steam's back-end databases. Yes, I know it's a pain but that's the way it is.

Wrong. 1 field needs to be added - Displayed-login-name. The old login name would remain but never shown, that way nothing complicated needs to be done.
leogoess Jul 16, 2018 @ 11:29am 
Many people use old names like login, and things change. I myself would like to use my current name for games.
Brujeira Jul 16, 2018 @ 11:49am 
Originally posted by Pumpkin:
Many people use old names like login, and things change. I myself would like to use my current name for games.

Then I'd suggest that you ask the devs for those games to allow you to select an in-game name instead of just pulling your account name directly from Steam.

Originally posted by MrL0G1C:
Originally posted by Brujeira:

Wrong. 1 field needs to be added - Displayed-login-name. The old login name would remain but never shown, that way nothing complicated needs to be done.

It's not that simple. Even doing it your way would require a new database record, not just an additional field. Also, don't forget that if you tweak anything security related then you have to retest the entire system thoroughly - that means rerunning all basic unit testing, QA testing plus any required compliance testing. That's a lot of work for no benefit to the business. Ergo, it ain't getting done.
leogoess Jul 16, 2018 @ 3:03pm 
The name that appears in games is not the problem, it's the name you use to sign in.
It should be like Facebook, Instagram and other social networks. You can change both your username and login name / email. And even with this option to move there are no problems with these social networks. :steamfacepalm:
Andreww Jul 17, 2018 @ 2:14am 
rer
meheezen Jul 17, 2018 @ 5:22am 
was this thread moved from some other place or something? whats up with all the "english" repplies? (i mean, most folks in the portuguese forum can't even write in their own language properly)

back on topic: Facebook, Intagram and several other "social media" aplications were designed with that "functionality", Steam wasn't, and to implement it would require quite some structural changes and, like mentioned, a whole lot of testing. it ain't as simple as adding another column to the database
leogoess Jul 17, 2018 @ 6:51am 
Yeah, I really do not think Steam will ever have that option of choice for us.
✞Guerra✠ Jul 17, 2018 @ 8:21am 
Pra mudar o nickname na live são 20,00 R$, na PSN é impossível, no steam você pode mudar o nickname que aparece para as pessoas gratuitamente, mas não pode mudar o de login. Talvez essa opção de alterar seja bem mais complicada do que parece. Eu não me lembro de nenhum site com essa opção de alterar login cadastrado na criação da conta, claro aqueles em que entra com e-mail são exceções.

Por ser um detalhe tão irrelevante, acho que nem vale a pena esquentar a cabeça com isso. Seu login não deve ser tão ruim assim.
leogoess Jul 17, 2018 @ 8:27am 
Na verdade não é mesmo, queria trocar mais pela estética que eu vejo. E porque gosto de ter tudo em relação a jogos com o mesmo nome.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 16, 2018 @ 11:19am