PlasticTrains Jun 9 @ 2:17am
3
2
5
2
4
Steam account restriction
So I have been alerted that my account has been restricted and it has been stated that I have charged back my steam funds. I use a service called truemoney wallet for Thailand and I would like to know if anyone was getting the same problem I have been using it for a while now but it hasn't had any problems. If it's possible can I get some insight from people who have had the same problem with truemoney wallet and how do I resolve this problem?
Last edited by PlasticTrains; Jun 9 @ 10:19am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 758 comments
Bee Jun 9 @ 2:25am 
Do what it says in the email. You need to contact support - I believe the link is in the mail. They will answer eventually.

If you did a chargeback then you need to reverse it by talking to the service or bank. Other reasons for this could be using another person's card (like a parent's) or the details on your account not matching those of the other service account...anything is possible...again only Support would know.
Last edited by Bee; Jun 9 @ 2:26am
i've got an alert just like you and i don't do any chargeback on steam, contacted my bank and they said there's no disputes or anything. now i don't know what to do, sent a support ticket to steam but they're not answering.
Buying some Control trading card to level up my steam levels.
Purchased day: 6th june
Restricted day: 9th june

Edit: List of anyone who bought at 6th june including me
Originally posted by PrimeBrew:
Just another person piping in to share that I too was suspended for a chargeback I did not initiate. My bank doesn't open their lines for another 11 hours so there isn't a thing I can do but wait.

The purchase was made June 6th and the chargeback was earlier this evening on the 9th. I made another purchase after that on the 8th but nothing has happened with that one yet.


Originally posted by zefez888:
Originally posted by PrimeBrew:
Just another person piping in to share that I too was suspended for a chargeback I did not initiate. My bank doesn't open their lines for another 11 hours so there isn't a thing I can do but wait.

The purchase was made June 6th and the chargeback was earlier this evening on the 9th. I made another purchase after that on the 8th but nothing has happened with that one yet.
You buy and got arlert same day at mine, coincident or 6 june is not a normal day?


Originally posted by OldManBanjo:
Originally posted by zefez888:
You buy and got arlert same day at mine, coincident or 6 june is not a normal day?
Exact same date as my purchase.


Originally posted by Dwynn:
Bought on 6th too. But used a Mastercard not Visa


Originally posted by Strawberry:
I've also had this happen to me. I refunded a game on the 6th which went through successfully, got the money returned to my steam wallet and got a new game a few days later. Now today that new game is gone with the alert of chargeback, but I've contacted my bank and no disputes or blocks were made, the money is pending waiting on Steam to accept it according to them. No idea what is going on and waiting on a reply.


Originally posted by Razvi100:
Originally posted by OldManBanjo:
Exact same date as my purchase.

Same here. Purchase on 6th and error today on 9th for that purchase.


Originally posted by Moaning Thunder:
I'm having the same issue.

I purchased 2 games on the 6th of June and subsequently received a chargeback notice today (9th of June sometime in the evening) for 1 of the games I purchased on that day.

Will be hanging around here to see if someone has a solution.


Originally posted by veever:
Just chiming in to say that I'm also having the same issue:
- 6th of June
- Mastercard
- Bought Crazy Taxi


Originally posted by Kiljar:
Just adding my name to the list. I purchased the Last Spell on June 6th with a visa debit card. I log on today to see that the payment was disputed, and I am locked out for a month. The bank said the money is sitting there, reserved, waiting to be taken. They said this is on steams end - nothing is wrong on their end. They also said they noticed an influx of people calling about this exact issue...I know this comment does not resolve anything, but seems we are not the only ones.

Originally posted by Necrobyte:
Can you add mine too? I bought Aseprite on June 6 and then got the chargeback message today. Even if it's not a game I also got affected. Will this be resolved by steam soon?

Originally posted by Fluquor:
me too. I bought scalet nexus on 6th

Originally posted by Masoni:
Add another for the 6th, at least it seems like a issue with something bigger than just me and my bank so that's at least reassured me

Originally posted by PlasticTrains:
Yes, Mine was also on the 6th

Originally posted by Mizorath:
Also on 6th, 3 talisman expansions, hopefully steam staff knows about this and is working on it


Originally posted by Jaskamof:
Mine was also on the 6th



that's 15 people buying on 6th june including me.

added Necrobyte
added Fluqour
added Masoni
added PlasticTrains
added Mizorath
added Jaskamof
Last edited by zefez888; Jun 9 @ 9:04am
Bee Jun 9 @ 3:44am 
Originally posted by zefez888:
i've got an alert just like you and i don't do any chargeback on steam, contacted my bank and they said there's no disputes or anything. now i don't know what to do, sent a support ticket to steam but they're not answering.

Did you use a card which details do not match your own? That includes a family member who gave you permission. Or if you used numerous different cards on the account.
Last edited by Bee; Jun 9 @ 3:45am
Originally posted by Bee:
Originally posted by zefez888:
i've got an alert just like you and i don't do any chargeback on steam, contacted my bank and they said there's no disputes or anything. now i don't know what to do, sent a support ticket to steam but they're not answering.

Did you use a card which details do not match your own? That includes a family member who gave you permission. Or if you used numerous different cards on the account.
that's my own card, and i'm using it for atleast 3 years. also i didn't get any money from that chargeback so what is the problem ? i don't do a chargeback and i also don't get any money from that chargeback.
PS: i just brought almost 1k$ for The Open World sale, so i why would i chageback for 3$ ?
Last edited by zefez888; Jun 9 @ 3:57am
If you have a Steam account red alert message, you have to work with Support to resolve that. No one here can do anything about it.

Payment Disputes and Chargebacks

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6687-HJVM-8966
i have sent them a ticket and they're not aswer it yet
Originally posted by zefez888:
i have sent them a ticket and they're not aswer it yet
When did you send it ? You might just need to wait a give them a chance to respond. They have many issues to deal with :

https://store.steampowered.com/stats/support
Purchase & Billing Support 5,684 2.00 hours to 18.66 hours
i think it's not pass 18.66 hours
Last edited by zefez888; Jun 9 @ 4:19am
Those are just averages and over the last 24 hours.

The red line is important. It shows they are pretty consistent with helping people.

If your alert is about a chargeback, and as long as they can see you are trying to contact them and resolve the problem, they recognize your good intentions and should not restrict your account, as long as you are trying to work out the problem with them.

Let us know what happens, please. It helps the Community to spread the word about how your issue was resolved.
I just got that too, had my Necromunda Hired gun removed and account restricted for chargeback that i definitely didn't do and all the other purchases with same card have been just fine on steam.

According to my bank Steam still has my money though, they didn't actually return the money with chargeback.
Last edited by Angry Nord-Grunge Syndicate; Jun 9 @ 4:28am
Originally posted by The Giving One:
Those are just averages and over the last 24 hours.

The red line is important. It shows they are pretty consistent with helping people.

If your alert is about a chargeback, and as long as they can see you are trying to contact them and resolve the problem, they recognize your good intentions and should not restrict your account, as long as you are trying to work out the problem with them.

Let us know what happens, please. It helps the Community to spread the word about how your issue was resolved.
Well, i was playing witcher 3 that i just brought on Open World sale after got platinum medal from Control Ultimate Edition then i got a pop-up said i'm restricted for chargeback. then i'm calling my bank and they said there's no chargeback or disputes, contacting visa and they said they can't do anything because only my bank can help me, now i'm contacting steam for the last because steam noted i'm should contact my bank first. that's all.

PS: i'm quite bad on english so sorry if my words is not correctly.
Last edited by zefez888; Jun 9 @ 4:31am
You guys should definitely work with support to resolve this. And please, since it is a few people reporting the same issue, apparently........let us know what this was about so we can help others maybe that post about it in the future, if they have the same problem.
Originally posted by Angry Nord-Grunge Syndicate:
I just got that too, had my Necromunda Hired gun removed and account restricted for chargeback that i definitely didn't do and all the other purchases with same card have been just fine on steam.

According to my bank Steam still has my money though, they didn't actually return the money with chargeback.
me too, i didn't get any money but a restriction
Originally posted by Angry Nord-Grunge Syndicate:
I just got that too, had my Necromunda Hired gun removed and account restricted for chargeback that i definitely didn't do and all the other purchases with same card have been just fine on steam.

According to my bank Steam still has my money though, they didn't actually return the money with chargeback.
Hello, I also experienced this just now with my purchase of Aseprite, right now I'm just waiting for steam to fix this issue after I reported it.
Bee Jun 9 @ 4:59am 
Originally posted by The Giving One:
You guys should definitely work with support to resolve this. And please, since it is a few people reporting the same issue, apparently........let us know what this was about so we can help others maybe that post about it in the future, if they have the same problem.

You're totally right, something's going on. Four threads in the last few minutes? That's a massive uptick.

It might be a glitch or Steam's cracking down on something.
Last edited by Bee; Jun 9 @ 4:59am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 758 comments
Per page: 15 30 50