Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
Vato Nov 25, 2015 @ 1:05pm
guide:How to enable Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator on PC / Android/iOS PC emulator / Legit
You are on old brick phone? Don't have an access to a fancy Android, iOS/other type of gibberish device and you want that pesky mobile authenticator enabled to get instant trades? Then follow these steps below.
Step 1. Download BlueStacks (or any other pc android emulator) app on your PC http://www.bluestacks.com
Step 2. Install it
Step 3. go to http://store.steampowered.com/mobile and download ''Android users without access to Google Play can download version 2.1.3 here.'' which you will install on BlueStacks http://media.steampowered.com/apps/steam-android/steam-2.1.3.apk
Step 4. Change your settings. http://oi63.tinypic.com/ehks9y.jpg enjoy discount http://oi67.tinypic.com/zx874p.jpg
:platinum::emofdr::platinum:

100% legit shizzle.
Last edited by Vato; Dec 20, 2015 @ 5:48am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
Vato Nov 25, 2015 @ 1:09pm 
bump
Carlos100 Nov 25, 2015 @ 1:12pm 
I already have mine set up

Does this allow sms code to be delivered?
I havent looked at your links etc
Vato Nov 25, 2015 @ 1:15pm 
Originally posted by carlos100:
I already have mine set up

Does this allow sms code to be delivered?
I havent looked at your links etc
Yep, just got mine done through BlueStack aswell.
http://oi67.tinypic.com/or8rgp.jpg
Last edited by Vato; Nov 25, 2015 @ 1:59pm
Carlos100 Nov 25, 2015 @ 1:19pm 
Oh ok I will pass that on to a friend that doesnt have a mobile
Thanks
Vato Nov 25, 2015 @ 1:21pm 
Originally posted by carlos100:
Oh ok I will pass that on to a friend that doesnt have a mobile
Thanks
:emofdr: No problem man
That trippy code is generating even when im not logged into steam with Stack, interesting shizzle man.
SlightlyDisturbed Nov 26, 2015 @ 9:06am 
Thank you so much! Now I can keep trading after the 9th without having to buy a smart phone. :D
Vato Nov 26, 2015 @ 9:07am 
Originally posted by SlightlyDisturbed:
Thank you so much! Now I can keep trading after the 9th without having to buy a smart phone. :D
:)
VAC dispenser Nov 26, 2015 @ 9:19am 
nice
VAC dispenser Nov 26, 2015 @ 9:42am 
So do i have to activate steam guard "phone" guard to get the discounts? I have to give my phonenumber in there?
Vato Nov 26, 2015 @ 9:44am 
Originally posted by starf!shy:
So do i have to activate steam guard "phone" guard to get the discounts? I have to give my phonenumber in there?
Ye man, then they will send you a code to your phone.
Dinoza Nov 26, 2015 @ 9:50am 
There r cheap androids that can run the steam app for like 10$, I mean u get em to protect skins right? Those skins cost more then a cheap android... And tbh I use mobile auth cause it makes me feel more safe, not cause I am forced to, and having one on pc is kinda pointless and even easier to get hijacked
VAC dispenser Nov 26, 2015 @ 9:50am 
nice dude i got discounts now :D, guess i keep this "app" untill end of discount 16 december :D
thx alot
Vato Nov 26, 2015 @ 9:55am 
Originally posted by starf!shy:
nice dude i got discounts now :D, guess i keep this "app" untill end of discount 16 december :D
thx alot
Aye, thank the people that made this app. Saved myself quite a few bucks.
wid Nov 26, 2015 @ 9:56am 
nice!
SlightlyDisturbed Nov 26, 2015 @ 1:19pm 
Originally posted by DinozaDuDe:
There r cheap androids that can run the steam app for like 10$, I mean u get em to protect skins right? Those skins cost more then a cheap android... And tbh I use mobile auth cause it makes me feel more safe, not cause I am forced to, and having one on pc is kinda pointless and even easier to get hijacked

It's true that smart phones are very cheap to initially buy, but why pay when there's a free alternative to those who are already sitting at their PC's? Not everyone has someone else paying their phone's monthly data bill for them.

That and the email system is just as secure, if not more, than the mobile authenticator. I'm also welling to bet that having a smart phone, which is carried with you 99% of the time and easily misplaced, is far less secure than my PC that stays in my locked room 99% of the time.

The forced mobile authenticator update that Steam is pushing is not only useless, but it's going to cripple a lot of large legitimate communities and individual traders for no good reason. I get it that they want to add protection for the new traders, but this isn't the way to go when a lot of the new young traders may not have access to a smart phone either. Steam's just punishing everyone who trades at this point. :cfacepalm:
Last edited by SlightlyDisturbed; Nov 26, 2015 @ 3:47pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 101 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Nov 25, 2015 @ 1:05pm
Posts: 101