Atomic Heart

Atomic Heart

View Stats:
Xenomorpheus Feb 21, 2023 @ 7:41am
Flawless Widescreen Causing Crashes
Just letting ya'll know, if you're using Flawless Widescreen, it introduces an issue that can cause the game to crash when using SHOK, especially on cameras or the flying robots.

Mundfish, please add a FOV slider! Loving your game so far, but I can't play for long periods cause the FOV causes me motion sickness.
< >
Showing 16-30 of 32 comments
frogge Feb 22, 2023 @ 1:22am 
Originally posted by CaptainNawab:
Can someone please explain what scanning option to disable ?
On the Flawless Widescreen app, select Atomic Heart then disable the checkbox "scanning fix". It has nothing to do with any options in the actual game.
warcroft Feb 22, 2023 @ 1:51am 
Thank you all for the fix!
The Unicorn Feb 22, 2023 @ 3:08am 
Sadly the Scanning is super important in this game.

Originally posted by a doggy:
Originally posted by CaptainNawab:
Can someone please explain what scanning option to disable ?
On the Flawless Widescreen app, select Atomic Heart then disable the checkbox "scanning fix". It has nothing to do with any options in the actual game.
Last edited by The Unicorn; Feb 22, 2023 @ 3:11am
Owlet VII Feb 22, 2023 @ 3:19am 
The crashing with the scanning fix was apparently fixed in the latest version of the plugin. Can't verify right now.
Last edited by Owlet VII; Feb 22, 2023 @ 3:20am
Ald0 Feb 22, 2023 @ 3:27am 
Originally posted by Owlet VII:
The crashing with the scanning fix was apparently fixed in the latest version of the plugin. Can't verify right now.

I've tested it but it still crashes for me. I suggest to wait for the next version for now.
JohnnyRadman Feb 22, 2023 @ 3:41am 
Originally posted by Ald0:
Just disable the scanning fix option mate, it's not crashing with it disabled and you can still keep the fov adjustment

This sorted out my problems. I love you bro.
Helifax Feb 22, 2023 @ 4:05am 
Thanks. I see there is a Rev4 of the fix. I was using Rev2 I believe which did not have the "scanning" fix option ;)
noone Feb 22, 2023 @ 4:32am 
Thanks, no crashes tonight.
Crazy that a game with this much effort into the graphics wouldn't have a UW and FOV option.
Owlet VII Feb 22, 2023 @ 4:57am 
Originally posted by noone:
Crazy that a game with this much effort into the graphics wouldn't have a UW and FOV option.
Yeah, the game is badically unplayable at 32:9, and it doesn't let you change the windowed resolution from in-game for some reason, so can't easily play it in a 16:9 borderless window while the issues are being fixed.

Also, the fullscreen resolution stretches to your screen size, rather than respecting GPU settings and maintaining the aspect ratio, which is a next level stupid decision.
Last edited by Owlet VII; Feb 22, 2023 @ 5:09am
Ald0 Feb 22, 2023 @ 5:50am 
The scanning fix is now working without crash in the rev 5 thanks to Hayden. You can update and play with your favorite fov
Owlet VII Feb 22, 2023 @ 5:54am 
Originally posted by Ald0:
The scanning fix is now working without crash in the rev 5 thanks to Hayden. You can update and play with your favorite fov
Awesome, can't wait to get back from work and finally properly start playing this game.
BimboGooch Feb 22, 2023 @ 6:11am 
Its sade more and more games these days just dont have a FOV slider... Especially FPS ones.
Whats more sad is that I'm pretty sure this is an UNREAL game. Its very easy to add a FOV slider in that. Helli in general it ain't hard. IF a third party program can do it on launch day, then the devs can much easier lmao.

Ill never understand why devs dont add in FOV options. nor why is 70/80 the default FOV option in games? People claim its for consoles since they "sit further away from the TV" or that it hurts performance. Which FOV hardly if at all drops frames, even on the OG xbox 1 and ps4 FOV will not drop more than a frame if that. Pretty much any slightly modern system you will not really lose FPS over a FOV option, unless maybe you use like 200+ FOV lmao.
Apekiller Feb 22, 2023 @ 8:18am 
Very low FOV and forced mouse acceleration - no way to change either of them.

On a first person shooter. From 2023.
A triple A game costing from 60 to 100 euros.

This is an absolute lack of common sense, won't spend money on this in its current state.
The Unicorn Feb 22, 2023 @ 2:32pm 
Yep working great, amazing game so far.
Owlet VII Feb 22, 2023 @ 2:48pm 
Originally posted by Apekiller:
Very low FOV and forced mouse acceleration - no way to change either of them.

On a first person shooter. From 2023.
A triple A game costing from 60 to 100 euros.

This is an absolute lack of common sense, won't spend money on this in its current state.
There's no mouse acceleration. Anybody saying that there is, is a liar.
Even if the game did have it enabled, it is an Unreal Engine 4 game, you could easily disable it through the inis.

Played a bit on the latest version of the plugin. The game finally stopped crashing, so low FOV is no longer a real issue.
Last edited by Owlet VII; Feb 22, 2023 @ 2:49pm
< >
Showing 16-30 of 32 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 21, 2023 @ 7:41am
Posts: 32