STORE COMMUNITY ABOUT SUPPORT
login | language
简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese) 日本語 (Japanese) 한국어 (Korean) ไทย (Thai) Български (Bulgarian) Čeština (Czech) Dansk (Danish) Deutsch (German) Español - España (Spanish - Spain) Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America) Ελληνικά (Greek) Français (French) Italiano (Italian) Magyar (Hungarian) Nederlands (Dutch) Norsk (Norwegian) Polski (Polish) Português (Portuguese - Portugal) Português - Brasil (Portuguese - Brazil) Română (Romanian) Русский (Russian) Suomi (Finnish) Svenska (Swedish) Türkçe (Turkish) Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) Українська (Ukrainian) Report a translation problem
For those who want to play "RPG_Mode" on other campaigns:
1. copy \language_XX\events\content\rpg_mode.txt to similar folder in other campaign
2. Add line RPGModeEnabled=TRUE to campaign_data.txt of that other campaign
Compatible with saves from 2.11 - after loading a save you will get a level 0 crew andd a random XO (who will write you reports until your vessel sinks))
Due to development mess, an older version of english rpg_mode.txt was distributed with the mod. For those with modding experience it is advised to get a latest one:
old one is working, but new has more translation and some explanations. Many thanks to ETR3(SS) from SUBSIM for help in naming divisions, I had no idea how they are called on western subs.
Или, говоря по-нашему, нет сигнатуры у барбульки)
Until now I've played a few single missions and started a NATO 1984 campaign, that's a bit difficult since the campaign briefings are in Russian only?
Since it's the first time I play the Epic mod some of the things I've come across may have been mentioned before, but here goes. BTW I play in "casual" level:
1. Seems that you have tweaked the torpedo behavior quite a lot. I find that the torpedos homing capability is very limited, even the best NATO and Russian torps can be fooled more easily with noise makers, and even seem to prefer to home in on a noise maker rather than a sub broadsiding almost right behind it?
2. To evade a hominig torp you now need to move at speed, change depths, curse and use noise makers, knuckles and other counter measures. That's fine. Gone are the days where you could move up and down using only full trim and at 5 knots, and then evade just about any torp. You have to work now, which is ok :)
3. Torpedos actual homing search cone is way smaller than shown on the map. I find that the torp needs to be much closer to a sub and smaller ships than the search cone that shows on the map suggest to pick up the target?
4. Looks like you've dealt with the almost "God like" ability of planes and helos to pick up your scent and then deliver their ordenance right down on your head. Kudos! :)
Keep up the good work!
2.Yep) We're for a challenging figths) Glad you've liked it
3.No, search cone is equal to the one shown at map, but this cone is calculated for active guidance versus submerged target without coating. In most cases "effective" cone will be smaller. Check a new mod info in game help (Shift+F1) - search for a blue text, there are some explanations.
4. What goes up must go down)) Anti-Air Missile was made by Oleg, a really brilliant coder
1st. This "expansion Pack" says I am leaving Steam and going to another page that is not hosted by the creator of this game. Legit or illegal?
2nd. I don't know how many other expansion versions are there, but I want to know how to search for them on STEAM in the library or store, I can not find them by any variety of version, title, topic. I only have the basic, original game. Am I that far behind the progress that I should just shoot myself in the head, now??
There is no official Steam workshop functionality for Cold Waters, so no mod, let alone entire overhaul, can be delivered directly here, all custom content has to be hosted elsewhere and provided with links. This is also the the reason why it's hard to run a mod community here - discussions were never meant for this, so all modders have to find their way around that. There is nothing illegal about this, that's just how things work.
Anyway, the first link at the top, the VK one, leads to the mod community group in said social network, the devs are mostly Russians and we tend to gather there, it's the most popular one in our country, almost unrivaled. And the download link below surprisingly leads to google disk archive for you to grab the mod from the cloud, install it, and enjoy it. The mod itself has very straightforward structure, it basically is a bunch of assets managed with JSGME, an unofficial, but very well known and reliable tool used en masse by modders for all kinds of games, being the only executable file in the mod to my knowledge. There are some dlls, but I guess it's impossible to alter the game to the extent the developers did without using these, and oh man they overhauled a lot. I mean, new boats, new campaigns, crew experience in some campaigns, two voice-overs for you to chose, different weapon and AI behavior, floodings make more sense, anti-air missiles, even playable surface ships... From legal perspective, it's just a mod, and rightfully so as it does not include the game itself and you have to have vanilla version installed first. Mods are officially allowed.
It's always good to be concerned about security or legality, everyone has to keep his guard high these days, but if you ask me, I see no reason not to give it a shot.
As far as experimental experience functionality works, no issues so far. Can't wait for the feature to be implemented in all of the campaigns. My Yasen crew deserves a promotion :D
Not seeing it from my end. But apparently, the subs and surface vessels prefer to use air drop torp in medium or long range if available. In most cases for me, they spray air drop torps first along the line where they heard us and then shoot a salvo of two or three normal torps.