Total War: WARHAMMER

Total War: WARHAMMER

AI General Mode
Decomposed  [developer] Mar 19, 2017 @ 12:02pm
Various issues / Bug report
Known Issues:
- The mod may not always work correctly when your army is the reinforcing army.

- The AI is being stupid from time to time. Not much can be done about that.

- When you turn on and off the AI during the battle, the units keep their last given command. So, if they had been controlled by the AI and then changed to manual, they will still carry out their last orders. They will look like they're still being controlled, but they aren't. You'll be able to issue orders normally. That's working as intended.

- The Lords sometimes use their abilities/spells on their own will even when controlled by the player. Some higher functions seem to be hardcoded into the game's binaries and can't be altered via lua script. Hambango has done the best he could to fix this issue.

Unknown Issues:
- Probably a ton.

This whole thing is highly experimental, so prepare for bugs!

Please report them here or in the following link:
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/190065/spectator-mod#latest

Thanks!
Last edited by Decomposed; Oct 13, 2017 @ 12:11am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
Shadowhite Mar 23, 2017 @ 9:52am 
Don't know if this was reported in the other bug report of the spectator mod, but i will write it here since i use only this mod: sometimes it happens that i cannot give control to the ai of determined units: for ex. if i'm playing beastmen it happens that i cannot give control of cigors (i said cigors but it's not only them) to ai, as if they are not selected when chosing unit to assign; this appears more often when there is another army reinforcing yours (both yours) but you said that this mod doesn't work when your army is the reinforcing army so it's not a trouble but what is strange is the way it works when there is only your army: for some it does, for others no. That's all, i hope to have said it clearly
Last edited by Shadowhite; Mar 23, 2017 @ 9:52am
Decomposed  [developer] Mar 23, 2017 @ 10:35am 
@Shadowhite Thanks for the report, I will inform Hambango!
KimjonIl Mar 24, 2017 @ 4:40pm 
with two twenty stack armies andi try to get the ai to control everything - it wont control the very last unit!
Decomposed  [developer] Mar 25, 2017 @ 11:10am 
Just got reply from the author, he will see if he can fix the bugs reported, but it's not an easy job. He has to guess a lot of stuff and and proceed through trial and error. There isn't any manual out there for these scripts. This takes him a long time.

Thank you all for your feedback. As soon as we have a fix, I will upload it.
Heartwood May 30, 2017 @ 2:37pm 
During setup, when you assign a unit unto the AI general and unassign it, vanguard deployment no longer functions.
Decomposed  [developer] May 31, 2017 @ 2:26am 
@Heartwood Thanks for the report. I haven't encountered this bug, but this mod is experimental so things like that are expected. I will inform the author and let's hope he can solve it!
Overduyn Aug 4, 2017 @ 5:23am 
The way the AI spend their magic, they just cast random spells without being in battle. I know AI can be dumb from time to time, but this is just permanent.. Is there a way you can make them use spells when clashing against enemy armies?
Decomposed  [developer] Aug 4, 2017 @ 9:40am 
@Overduyn It's annoying, I know. I will tell the author, but afaik it's up to the developers to improve the AI, the modders can't do much.

Maybe if you use this mod alongside another that improves the AI like SFO the results will be slightly better.
Grush Aug 22, 2017 @ 12:23pm 
Can you do that for coop campaign?
Decomposed  [developer] Aug 22, 2017 @ 12:33pm 
I don't think it's possible, sorry.
Hydrall Aug 28, 2017 @ 7:57pm 
I've noticed that the AI will often have my shock cavalry running in place on the wings of the battle, or will 'forget' about units - especially flying units. It doesn't seem to happen often, but when it does it means I'll see them lurking around doing nothing while my main line gets butchered. Never seen that happen for the AI, so I'm not sure what's up. Judging by their orders, they're constantly being told to go in one direction and the next... So maybe it's a targeting issue?
Decomposed  [developer] Aug 29, 2017 @ 9:30am 
I've seen the enemy AI do it too, so it's certainly not an issue with this mod. In my last campaign as Dwarves I had a battle where I had only 2 units left alive while the Vamps had 10-12. They attacked me with half their forces while their cavalry just stood idle and watched in a corner.
KiyamaHarumi Sep 16, 2017 @ 2:32am 
The hero will automatically cast spell whatever it has been chosen when activated the AI control. I not sure if it is a conflict, because it didn't happen in your first version.
Decomposed  [developer] Sep 16, 2017 @ 10:55am 
@lodoraemon Yes, I've noticed it too. I have kept the older versions, so I'll run some tests with them!
Will Oct 13, 2017 @ 12:41am 
In my campaign game some battles will crash as soon as I click the end battle button. This is the only mod I can think of that may be causing this behaviour.
I have yet to find a trend to which battles will crash and which will not. It would seem that the ones where you are greatly outnumberd will cause it to crash.
The only thing I know is that if a ballte crashes, it will crash every time you fight and win it.
Last edited by Will; Oct 13, 2017 @ 12:42am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
Per page: 1530 50