Starbound

Starbound

NPC Killer
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
lornlynx  [developer] Sep 15, 2016 @ 11:17pm
Workaround for crew member clones issue
Okay, I figured something out that might help against the clones, but as I don't have the problem, I can't say for sure if it works.

Anyways, you can try this:
-First make a save of your storage folder so you don't loose your things if it doesn't work out.
-Then, create a folder with any name in the mod folders, and inside you create a a "scripts", inside that one a "companions" folder. So e.g. "mods/akghoan/scripts/companions/"
-Download this file: http://pastebin.com/vqXJ4T2F
and put it into the companionsfolder, name it as "recruitspawner.lua"
-Now open Starbound, take the NPCKiller and clear your ship from the NPC's. They won't respawn now.
-Then close Starbound, delete the lua file and reopen it.
-With a bit of luck, your Crew should now all respawn and hopefully without any clones.

All the file did was basically deleting the spawn function for the crew. It is everything but elegant, but maybe it works and maybe I'll find a better solution.

Anyone who has the clones problem please try it out and tell me if he had success.
Edit: seems to work, thanks for the report!
Last edited by lornlynx; Oct 3, 2016 @ 5:05am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
The Saint Sep 21, 2016 @ 12:10am 
on one of my profiles i used S.A.I.L to get rid of one of the penquins but he just stayed out side of my ship i dont wanna download stuff to fix
Serath Sep 21, 2016 @ 4:26pm 
Originally posted by nlhunter:
on one of my profiles i used S.A.I.L to get rid of one of the penquins but he just stayed out side of my ship i dont wanna download stuff to fix

If you're trying to delete the crew penguin in attempt to remove the clone penguin, (you're not mentioning if you actually have a clone or not, which is what this fix is for) then that's not going to work. I've looked all over the CF forums and although the devs are aware of the bug, they still haven't been able to fix it. This is really your only option.

Confirming lornlynx, that it does work, even though I was doing it wrong the first few times I was trying it.
Last edited by Serath; Sep 21, 2016 @ 4:27pm
lornlynx  [developer] Sep 23, 2016 @ 2:14am 
That's good to hear, thank you Serath
Ickura Dec 17, 2016 @ 8:18pm 
1.2 fixed the cloning issue so I dont think it would be much of a problem anymore.......right?
lornlynx  [developer] Dec 18, 2016 @ 8:29pm 
I don't know, I personally never had the issue. The tool itself was always more meant for modders use regardless.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50