ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Dragon Gods
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
YMD  [developer] Mar 11, 2016 @ 9:08am
(README) Troubleshooting Servers FAQ
A problem occurs mainly due to either corrupted or mismatched mod files were downloaded, or mod was not loaded correctly (e.g. by flawed coding by thirdparty server managers and tools).
Can cause missing/uncraftable engrams, unable to build or use items, or removing mod items due to undetecting that mod was loaded, or other weird glitches.

Try this to fix common problems:
- Turn off server. Delete all mod files from your ark folder and server's ark folder.
- Unsubscribe from all mods from your workshop 'subscribed items' page.
- Launch ark game and wait at main menu screen.
- Resubscribe to mods you want to use.
- Let mods download finish at main menu screen.
- Transfer back the new fresh mod files to your server manually, using a file transferrer.
- Double check all the mod id is correct in server setting and no typos.
- Turn on server restart it.

List of steps to check if you're having ANY Bugs or Problems with mods:
  1. Follow these steps to install/update a mod manually and Safely on External / Dedicated Servers:
    Click Here For Link[www.bluefangsolutions.com]
    • But for Singleplayer or local, subscribe to a mod and download via game menu, GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini are instead found in your drive: (Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\)

2. Custom mod-update or load scripts from server hosts like Nitrado are known to be buggy and will cause mod problems. Instead use Step 1 or this Auto-Updater tool:

3. Custom mod-updating from other third party software may also be unsupported and buggy.

4. Do a clean redownload of all Mod files and delete any unused old ones.
    Mod files can be found in your server or local computer's drive path folder (..\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\)
    • Each folder name corresponds to the mod id number.
    • Remember to delete the .mod files too. Unsub from old mods you not using.
    • After deleting, launch your game and wait at menu till it redownloads subbed mods finish: progress shown bottom right corner.
    • Then copy back the mod folders and files (including .mod) from your local to your server's. Do NOT overwrite, remember to delete ALL mod files from server first.

5. If your world has errors or items gone missing after server reboot, it is because the mod has failed to load correctly (can be caused by buggy custom scripts and corrupted downloads from steam after mod updates).
    Here is how to restore from an autosave backup of your game.
    • Go to server's or local drive folder (..\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArks\).
    • Look for TheIsland.ark files. Find the most recent saved modified timestamp before you restarted server in the files TheIsland-datetime.bak, (datetime will be a string of number digits).
    • Copy any TheIsland files you wish elsewhere in another folder first to backup safely.
    • Then rename that TheIsland-datetime.bak to TheIsland.ark instead inside the SavedArks folder. (Remove the pre-existing one)
      Your server will load it when it boots up, all your game stuff and items in world is there.

6. Last thing when all else fails: Double check you didn't make mistakes with loading mod-id number. Use Google search for more answers.
Last edited by YMD; Jan 8, 2017 @ 8:37am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
SireDragonChester Aug 5, 2016 @ 10:30pm 
You need update this now.. ASM now updates mods now. And works well.
YMD  [developer] Aug 5, 2016 @ 11:38pm 
oh ok
YMD  [developer] Aug 5, 2016 @ 11:39pm 
this was written a long time ago :P
No prob. Just letting you know. Been running ark server for awhile now with ASM. But keep up good work. Enjoy your mods too :)
Last edited by SireDragonChester; Aug 6, 2016 @ 1:11am
Anub1as Aug 12, 2016 @ 7:08am 
Hey Pegi mod is awesome we are playing it with annunaki and ind rex nemesis since AG fix no more crashing or anything just killed warden with fire godling and all is fine but i cant use map or spyglass on godling is it bugged or my server settings is wrong?
YMD  [developer] Aug 12, 2016 @ 8:00am 
huh thats strange, i watch on youtube there are people who can do it
Anub1as Aug 12, 2016 @ 9:21am 
wejust had updates and map/spyglass still not working when go off dragon godling i have map in my hand when get on its not there
Anub1as Aug 13, 2016 @ 1:04pm 
Right...Tamed all 3 godlings fire and blackheart have same problem i can't use spyglass, map, scuba mask or alpha/warden helmet to see clear underwater but odd thing is everything above works normal on cryo goddess. For fire and blackheart it shows mask for few seconds and then goes my normal view as i don't have it equipped.
db Aug 19, 2016 @ 5:51am 
Independently Change Structure Resistance Multi?

Hi, been doing some testing on our server today with the structure res multi on vanilla structures. We finally got it to a balanced level and decided to test out the Canon to make sure it was taking the same damage. To our horror, the Canons were greatly different from the vanilla turret HP. Compared to 3-4 RPGs on a Vanilla turret, the Photon Canon would have taken over 300 RPGs.

Is there anyway to adjust this setting in the ini for your mod?
Sicko Sep 9, 2016 @ 9:12pm 
Elders arent spawning on my server, Any ideas what i can do to get them to spawn again?
YMD  [developer] Sep 9, 2016 @ 11:53pm 
under the settings thread, just copy paste the annunaki settings part to get elders again
Doublee (EE) Oct 8, 2016 @ 7:40pm 
Pegi,

My players were asking what the radius is on the Dragon Gods, Puppets and Indom, Orc, etc on seeing you to attack? Also, if there can be an INI option to adjust this. Seems like they would like them to be so far away or closer, etc.
Bubble Feb 21, 2017 @ 12:04am 
Hello, i run your mod on my server. i can not get indoms or dg's to spawn. i can force spawn them and the engrams are there. ive tried everything i can. i run annunaki and several other mods. dg and indom are 2nd and 3 in the load order. ive uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing. Thanks!
Luna May 1, 2017 @ 10:28pm 
Hello, I just added your mod today, and I've restarted myserver, and the mod seems to not work, I also run your death helper, meat spoiler and pet finder mod, I was wondering if you could help me figure out the issue.
Last edited by Luna; May 1, 2017 @ 10:29pm
Bubble May 1, 2017 @ 10:30pm 
Originally posted by Luna:
Hello, I just added your mod today, and I've restarted myserver, and the mod seems to not work, I also run your death helper and pet finder mod, I was wondering if you could help me figure out the issue.

You need to put down the shrine. i know its weird, you have to do it for indoms as well. once its down all the animals will start to spawn over time or you can do a kill all wild dinos command
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50