Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Traffic++
This topic has been locked
FretfulShrimp  [developer] May 19, 2015 @ 8:48am
May 19th Hotfix - Feedback/Bug Reports
Please leave here any problems related with the last CO's update and this mod's hotfix. Please follow the instructions below. Thank you!

This hotfix solves the "1 FPS / Lag in main meu" issue introduced in the latest patch (1.1.0b).

It removes the options button that was causing issues due to the new content manager. To access the options, you have to change the file manually. The file is located in the folder of the executable and is called "CSL-TrafficOptions.xml". Simply set true/false in the options you want. If you can't find the file, use this: http://pastebin.com/YPNhYAgy
It also fixes a few other crashes due to API changes of the new patch.

Due to this mod overriding some of the game's functions, some of the behaviour might still be that of the old patch or be inconsistent. I will be reviewing the changes from this patch to update Traffic++ accordingly.

Hotfix 2:

This new hotfix should solve the incompatibility problem with european maps and should bring back the options button. If the options button doesn't show try restarting a couple of times. If it still doesn't show, keep using the method above until I manage to fix it.

In other great news, I've been in touch with the author of Traffic Manager and he is finishing work on a compatibility mode that disables his despawn and lane changer features, making our mods compatible. Keep an eye open for updates on his mod. ;)

-------------------------------------
Instructions for bug reports:

Windows:
1 - Go to the log folder at <SteamFolder>\SteamApps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data
2 - Upload the file "output_log.txt" or its contents to a service like dropbox, google drive, pastebin, etc...
3 - Leave a comment with the link and what the problem is. Please be specific and provide a list of the mods you were using at the time.

OS X:
1 - Go to the log folder at ~/Library/Logs/Unity
2 - Upload the file "Player.log" or its contents to a service like dropbox, google drive, pastebin, etc...
3 - Leave a comment with the link and what the problem is. Please be specific and provide a list of the mods you were using at the time.

Linux:
1 - Go to the log folder at ~/.config/unity3d/Colossal Order/Cities: Skylines
2 - Upload the file "Player.log" or its contents to a service like dropbox, google drive, pastebin, etc...
Last edited by FretfulShrimp; May 19, 2015 @ 5:58pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
leftbehind May 19, 2015 @ 9:21am 
would be worth listing what the hotfix fixes at the top of the OP
Ramses II May 19, 2015 @ 9:33am 
For your information, I updated my guide (section 1 FPS / Lag in main menu) to provide correct information :)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=426212120
FretfulShrimp  [developer] May 19, 2015 @ 9:39am 
Originally posted by aubergine18:
would be worth listing what the hotfix fixes at the top of the OP

Will do in a minute.

Originally posted by Ramses II:
For your information, I updated my guide (section 1 FPS / Lag in main menu) to provide correct information :)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=426212120

Thank you :)
leftbehind May 19, 2015 @ 9:52am 
Thanks Ramses!
Mesoptier May 19, 2015 @ 10:15am 
The button for the Road Customizer doesn't appear any more in-game. Interestingly the button for the Toggle Traffic Lights mod does still show, so you might want to look at what they did differently.

Besides Toggle Traffic Lights, I have the Toggle Zoning, One-Way Street Arrow, and No-Pillars mods enabled. And all of these mods properly display their buttons.

Here's my output_log.txt, although I don't think you'll find anything interesting in there (I had a quick browse through it myself). http://pastebin.com/bnwLBEVF

EDIT: I'll have a look around with the ModTools' scene explorer if I can find anything.
Last edited by Mesoptier; May 19, 2015 @ 10:18am
sixxsil May 19, 2015 @ 10:47am 
Hey! I love your mod but miss those cool roads with the bus lane! I have tree brush, traffic lights , and the crosswalk mod on they work and when i go into the mod list in game it says that your mod is activated but when i enter the game i dont have the option for your cool roads and the option button in game - Took your advice and changed the XML file options i wanted to "true" and relogged. still no cool roads. Then I completely deleted and reinstalled your mod and came to the same conclusion. Thanks again for your awesome mod! I have a hard time playing it without it! <3

EDIT:
Just loaded an old game with your mod installed and I can see the roads AND the options and also loaded a new game on the old maps and your mod seemed to work there as well. Just seems to no work on the 3 new maps
Last edited by sixxsil; May 19, 2015 @ 10:57am
Kiwi May 19, 2015 @ 10:50am 
I can´t find the file "CSL-TrafficOptions.xml". Do I have to download the mod manually and copy it to a special folder? I already deleted the mod and downloaded it in the workshop, but there is still no such a file. I was looking in nearly every folder, but also the search with Windows didn`t find it. I have no idea what to do now.
FretfulShrimp  [developer] May 19, 2015 @ 11:24am 
Originally posted by Mesoptier (not the digimon):
The button for the Road Customizer doesn't appear any more in-game. Interestingly the button for the Toggle Traffic Lights mod does still show, so you might want to look at what they did differently.

Besides Toggle Traffic Lights, I have the Toggle Zoning, One-Way Street Arrow, and No-Pillars mods enabled. And all of these mods properly display their buttons.

Here's my output_log.txt, although I don't think you'll find anything interesting in there (I had a quick browse through it myself). http://pastebin.com/bnwLBEVF

EDIT: I'll have a look around with the ModTools' scene explorer if I can find anything.

Thanks for the log. I'm looking into it. ModTools also seems to be broken, unless the author already fixed it.
Are you playing in one of the new maps or in an old save?

Originally posted by sixxsil:
Hey! I love your mod but miss those cool roads with the bus lane! I have tree brush, traffic lights , and the crosswalk mod on they work and when i go into the mod list in game it says that your mod is activated but when i enter the game i dont have the option for your cool roads and the option button in game - Took your advice and changed the XML file options i wanted to "true" and relogged. still no cool roads. Then I completely deleted and reinstalled your mod and came to the same conclusion. Thanks again for your awesome mod! I have a hard time playing it without it! <3

EDIT:
Just loaded an old game with your mod installed and I can see the roads AND the options and also loaded a new game on the old maps and your mod seemed to work there as well. Just seems to no work on the 3 new maps

Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by Kiwi:
I can´t find the file "CSL-TrafficOptions.xml". Do I have to download the mod manually and copy it to a special folder? I already deleted the mod and downloaded it in the workshop, but there is still no such a file. I was looking in nearly every folder, but also the search with Windows didn`t find it. I have no idea what to do now.

By removing the options button, the options are never saved so the file is never created.
Here you go: http://pastebin.com/YPNhYAgy
Mesoptier May 19, 2015 @ 11:31am 
I was playing on a new save, on one of the new Europe themed maps. ModTools did work fine for me actually, and I don't believe it has been updated yet.
FretfulShrimp  [developer] May 19, 2015 @ 11:33am 
I was playing on a new save, on one of the new Europe themed maps. ModTools did work fine for me actually, and I don't believe it has been updated yet.

Can you try an old save to see if the buttons shows up?
phife May 19, 2015 @ 11:39am 
log file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3799499/output_log.txt
concerning the problem where no buttons or roads show.
FretfulShrimp  [developer] May 19, 2015 @ 11:49am 
Originally posted by phiFe:
log file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3799499/output_log.txt
concerning the problem where no buttons or roads show.

Thanks. I've been able to reproduce the problem in the new maps only. I hope to get it fixed soon. :)
Mesoptier May 19, 2015 @ 11:50am 
It did indeed work on an old save with the mod, and on a new save with an old map it worked as well.
FretfulShrimp  [developer] May 19, 2015 @ 11:56am 
It did indeed work on an old save with the mod, and on a new save with an old map it worked as well.

Thanks for testing it.
Soetmeister May 19, 2015 @ 2:48pm 
I dont have the options button, but also cant find a CSL-TrafficOptions.xm on the computer?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Per page: 1530 50