Cities: Skylines

Cities: Skylines

Traffic++
This topic has been locked
FretfulShrimp  [developer] May 26, 2015 @ 4:27pm
May 26th Update - Feedback/Bug reports
Hello everyone!

This is a quick update with some essential fixes and some nice goodies. I've fixed the custom vehicles not assuming lane restrictions and the tunnels turning into vanilla when they should have bus lanes. I've added new roads and an option for a (hopefully) improved AI.

During the next week or so, I will be working on optimizing the mod to reduce the performance hit that is most noticeable in big cities. I will also try to fix the customization on tunnels - read more about this below.

New roads
This update adds the grass and trees version to the 3 roads with bus lanes that are already added by this mod.
It also brings new icons for all custom roads, thanks to @aubergine18! He is working on recreating all the default road icons to be included in the next release, so be sure to throw him some feedback.

Improved AI
Over the next few weeks, I will be trying to improve the AI as best I can. This has been added as an option, so if it ever breaks or if you don't like the new AI, you can always change to the default one.
In this update, the only change is that buses and vehicles in emergency will most likely use a bus lane, if one is available. It does not detect intersections yet, so they can (and will) turn left from the bus lane, cutting through traffic. Make sure to use the road customizer tool to forbid left turns from bus lanes - this will make them change to the left lane just before the intersection.

Tunnel Customization - Workaround
I've been trying to fix the awkward tunnel customization but with no success. The game does not draw the circles and lanes below the terrain level, so what is happening is that the hitboxes are on the tunnels while the interface is on the surface. As a workaround, put your camera top-down so that the circles and hitboxes are aligned.
I may have found a solution but it will take some time to code.

Hope you like this update. As always, if you have any problem with this update please follow the instructions below (the pop-up error alone is mostly useless). For any other feedback just leave a comment. Thank you!

-- May 28th hotfix: Fixed vehicles stopping; Fixed realistic speeds not disabling without restarting the game; Added correct costs to all new roads (thanks to Archomeda) --

Change Notes:

- Added textures to tunnels from new roads
- Added Grass and Tree versions of the Small Busway - both one-way and two-way
- Added Grass and Tree versions of the Large Road with bus lanes
- Added an option for improved AI
- Fixed bug causing crashes when loading a map through the pause menu
- Fixed tunnels from new roads turning into normal tunnels
- Fixed custom vehicles ignoring lane restrictions

-------------------------------------
Instructions for bug reports:

Please read this first. If your problem is still not solved, do the following:

Windows:
1 - Go to the log folder at <SteamFolder>\SteamApps\common\Cities_Skylines\Cities_Data
2 - Upload the file "output_log.txt" or its contents to a service like dropbox, google drive, pastebin, etc...
3 - Leave a comment with the link and what the problem is. Please be specific and provide a list of the mods you were using at the time.

OS X:
1 - Go to the log folder at ~/Library/Logs/Unity
2 - Upload the file "Player.log" or its contents to a service like dropbox, google drive, pastebin, etc...
3 - Leave a comment with the link and what the problem is. Please be specific and provide a list of the mods you were using at the time.

Linux:
1 - Go to the log folder at ~/.config/unity3d/Colossal Order/Cities: Skylines
2 - Upload the file "Player.log" or its contents to a service like dropbox, google drive, pastebin, etc...
Last edited by FretfulShrimp; May 27, 2015 @ 6:10pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 204 comments
Illy May 26, 2015 @ 4:56pm 
New roads looks great, looking forward to trying the AI. Nice work as always JF!
aardvark74 May 26, 2015 @ 6:06pm 
I have installed Traffic Manager, and Traffic++ and when I loaded the game, I found that when I zoomed out a small amount all of the roads turned blue. Also, pink, only pink doughnut trucks were stuck in the middle of roads. No matter what I did, the problems still happened. I only tried it in one map. Any ideas? great mod otherwise!
FretfulShrimp  [developer] May 26, 2015 @ 6:41pm 
@cgrazko leave me your log. I'll take a look tomorrow.
Doc-Germanicus May 26, 2015 @ 8:35pm 
love the new roads! :-)
A One-way 6-lane with bus-lanes maybe be nice ;)
DeaNoMeaN May 26, 2015 @ 8:58pm 
Good job as always Farias. Thanks.
One question though... Is there any chance to improve the texture of the bus lanes? They look great but as we zoom out, they disappear. However this is not a major problem :)
leftbehind May 26, 2015 @ 9:19pm 
@DeaNoMeaN The LODs (zoomed out textures) are being worked on and we plan to release them in the next few weeks to improve zoomed out view of roads.

Sneak peek: https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/4941733/7789516/fd04c7e8-025a-11e5-9205-6ad0e928d8bf.png
Ian May 26, 2015 @ 9:50pm 
the new update,there have many of traffic accident,the car was on the road can't move,and have other car fly in the sky. the trouble in the "option"
leftbehind May 26, 2015 @ 9:57pm 
@Ian the Enhanced AI option or one of the others?
Vimes May 26, 2015 @ 11:00pm 
There seems to be a problem with the lane markings, as shown here....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450063827

you can see how the left and right lane markings are correct for the set traffic direction but the straight on direction still shows as a turn left only option. The road straight on can be seen as a two lane two way road.

For some reason the two laner side of that same junction will also not show the appropriate lane markings....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450067356

^^^^ even though a green car has just ran over the top of the two laner road markings you might just make them out as a left and right only turn option.

Is it because we in real life would see the two lane ahead road as a straight on option and yet the game considers it as a turn left due to it not being exactly 180 degrees from the six to the two laner....?

This junction below is the one PRIOR to the one noted above and each lane can be set as required and the road markings change accordingly.....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=450065847

This works for both sides of the junction.

EDIT: This seems to be a game feature as it sees the straight ahead option (which I know is only "straight" ahead in the above junction as a term used to distinguish from an absolute left and right) as an actual turn for the markings, but at least the traffic seem to obey the settings of the intended travel, if that makes sense..!

Last edited by Vimes; May 27, 2015 @ 12:07am
DrM May 27, 2015 @ 1:08am 
Once again, another fantastic update to an already "essential" mod! Thanks for the constant stream of enhancements :-)
Tappa May 27, 2015 @ 1:34am 
All of the Boxtrucks in my city have frozen with this update
When using the realistic vehicle speed setting and loading a save, a random vehicle type (doughnut trucks, box trucks, fire engines, ore trucks, etc.) will freeze in place.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ZheppcHJ3rS1RyQTZYLWNnMUk/view?usp=sharing
running the following mods:
unlock all
25 spaces
first person camera
simcity fudged population
pollution color changer
1/4 citizen aging speed
ambient occlusion
sun shafts
infinite oil and ore
auto bulldoze
extended public transport ui
control building level up
tsunami disaster
traffic report tool
extended building info
fine road heights
area enabler
terraform tool
ARIS hearse, garbage, stuck vehicle, early death mods
road color changer
toggle traffic lights

Last edited by Background Character; May 27, 2015 @ 1:56am
leftbehind May 27, 2015 @ 2:19am 
@Imperian Guardsman: Does it continue to freeze if you disable the realistic speeds option?
FretfulShrimp  [developer] May 27, 2015 @ 2:28am 
Originally posted by Morgan:
There seems to be a problem with the lane markings, as shown here....

The arrows are set according to the angle between the roads. Right if <150º, forward if 150<o<210, left otherwise.
I want to improve the arrows in the future.

Originally posted by Tappa:
All of the Boxtrucks in my city have frozen with this update

Log, please.

Originally posted by Imperial Guardsmen:
When using the realistic vehicle speed setting and loading a save, a random vehicle type (doughnut trucks, box trucks, fire engines, ore trucks, etc.) will freeze in place.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ZheppcHJ3rS1RyQTZYLWNnMUk/view?usp=sharing

Does it not happen without the realistic speed option?
Your log shows the Population Info View Panel throwing an error. You can easily find it by searching for "PopulationInfoViewPanel". Can you check if that error still shows with T++ in Ghost Mode?
Vimes May 27, 2015 @ 2:34am 
Thanks for the reply :)

I now understand how the lane markings are applied, there is no bear left or right and whilst it is a mere cosmetic change, as long as the traffic behaves as you set it, it would be nice for it to have indicated straight ahead in the above type situations.

Glad that you might be able to improve those in the future :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 204 comments
Per page: 1530 50