Age of Mythology: Extended Edition

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition

Vandhaal rms world Realm of the Gods, Supremacy random map series
The_Vandhaal  [developer] Feb 25, 2015 @ 5:40am
#6 Vandhaal Thor realm: The Dwarven Gold AoMEE
#6 Vandhaal Thor realm: The Dwarven Gold AoMEE MK2
Thanx to Nottud for the rms trigger/scripting help.
This Supremacy map takes you deep down under the mountain into Nibelheim the home of the Nibelungen (Nightdwarfs) and their Tyrant king Alberich. Thor the mighty god of Thunder watches over this realm and tries to protect the dwarven miners who came from the upper regions against their sinister cousins the Nibelungen. This dark place contains many secrets and riches. The subterranean world has deep ravines and the roots of the world sprout from unmeasurable depts. You and your enemies arrive at an eternal dark and mysterious place where magical dwarven gold appears and disappears.

Check map screenie 'click da below pic" to enlarge
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398679689
Last edited by The_Vandhaal; Apr 28, 2015 @ 1:38pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
The_Vandhaal  [developer] Apr 24, 2015 @ 4:11am 
UPDATED to MK 2

Notice for MK1 version of this map: Map plays ok (has been played a couple of times now with various number of players). Recording Desync error (OOS): It appears the recording for this map is very desync sensitive so the recording will cut off unfortunatly

Main reason is probably the appearing and disappearing magical dwarven goldmines

Gameplay OOS: the map has desynced ones in the various games ..... this is probably alos caused by the appearing and disappearing dwarven goldmines.

If this map is updated those mines will probably be replaced by another less desync sensitive object.
Last edited by The_Vandhaal; Apr 26, 2015 @ 1:48pm
nottud Apr 24, 2015 @ 5:42pm 
Something you might find worth trying:Try coding up your map using purely code(""); and con("") injections like you did with transform trigger.

Due to weird game and language version differences some triggers fail to create for certain players and cause a sync online - much to my horror :(. However the trigger condition and effect I use for injection doesn't have this problem. Doing this change you might find that fixes your map of sync errors.

------

I don't see anything wrong with your script and it is not "trigger heavy" to where it would cause a sync due to too much processing. I got scripts with hundreds of effects working fine. If you want I am willing to convert the triggers for you with no change in functionality and no credit expected for you to see if that resolves your error. (I appreciate there being other multiplayer scripts with triggers)
The_Vandhaal  [developer] Apr 25, 2015 @ 4:40am 
Oh sure go ahead (lolz the credit thing...we are way beyond that sort of stuff aren't we? so just put them in there or else I will add them to the map description on this workshop page)....But yes go ahead and turn it into code (i had checked your rms and am pretty clueless about the code stuff...i managed to copy parts in and get them to work but yes...its all copy past and trail and error for me at this stage). I used various rms as example...the only thing i had in mind while creating these things was a rough feel and plan how they should look like and since they should stay fast supremacy maps the added twists are minimal (also to maintain the balance for the supremacy game style)...so its all about the mood. I copy pasted (and did many trails and errors) to get them working as close as possible as what i had in mind. The transform trigger i obviously got from you. and i used many rms to see how stuff is working....but I am still pretty clueless so it stays all pretty trail and error....lolz the mountain shape and tricks comes also from an old tutorial from your ancient website. yes basically there is just the transform trigger in this one and the timed cycle. my main goal was to create just different moods and feels ....so yes go ahead if you like to do that with the coding i appreciate that...maybe turn it into an MK2 title...I hope that solves it because i noticed that people like the mood and feel in this one a lot (oh and maybe handy for me to learn....if needed just put comments what the stuff does in the script so i can read and learn to understand it some more)
Last edited by The_Vandhaal; Apr 25, 2015 @ 4:45am
nottud Apr 25, 2015 @ 10:21am 
I have done your script. Sorted a few bugs/issues out regarding gold disappearing from mines due to use of transform. Changed it to using change in area system - slight complication in that it needs an object to change in area from so deployed an invisible unit. In addition I fixed up your storm as it had no LOS and a removed some obsolete triggers calls. The triggers are shifted to the bottom, thrown in some comments and hopefully a lot more compact.

Hopefully should be understandable and easy to tweak. I was unsure about what your day and night cycle was doing as it was always setting it to night so I put one in. If you do not want it remove the lines that change it such as:

code("trSetLighting(\"Dusk\","+_krFadeTime+");");

I am unsure how to get the map back to you so let me know what you want me to do in that regards.

If you want to quickly test what my triggers do change your day/night cycle constants to a small number.
Last edited by nottud; Apr 25, 2015 @ 10:22am
The_Vandhaal  [developer] Apr 25, 2015 @ 12:34pm 
He thanks a lot. Yes the other maps use a light change in that cycle this one doesn't change light (its undergound)...Oh yes the storm is funny...thats Thor...should be in the center of the map but no clue how to give it los hahahah. anyway thanx a lot....as for sending them you could zip the files up and email them to me ...email is still the same ..probably that's the easiest and fastest way.
Last edited by The_Vandhaal; Apr 28, 2015 @ 1:37pm
nottud Apr 25, 2015 @ 1:47pm 
On my laptop but will do when I am back on my PC. :)

EDIT: Sent.
Last edited by nottud; Apr 25, 2015 @ 3:12pm
The_Vandhaal  [developer] Apr 25, 2015 @ 3:44pm 
KK got it..thanks a lot..will check it out
The_Vandhaal  [developer] Apr 26, 2015 @ 1:47pm 
KK Nottud I have added the updated map mk2 (lol and I added some credits here and there) Thanks a lot for the rewritten scripting/triggers!!!....lets hope the sync in recordings is solved
works nicely for the rest....so lets hope this one is done so I can move to the zeus map and see how to fix that one up
Last edited by The_Vandhaal; Apr 28, 2015 @ 1:37pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50