Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

PropHunt (Hide'n'Seek) - Original
Problems with picking up props when I'm a hunter?
So I can't pick up non-player props when I am a hunter. I've searched for solutions and I know about the "sv_playerpickupallowed = 1". I also know that you can go to the directory to garrysmod/gamemodes to find prop hunt and then init.lua to change this:

function GM:AllowPlayerPickup(player, entity) return false

to this

function GM:AllowPlayerPickup(player, entity) return true

to allow players to pick up props.

However, this is where the problem comes in. Since I've downloaded this addon, prop hunt does not show up in gamemodes. It shows up as one file in the addons folder and if I try to change false to true in there, the whole file just goes missing, as well as the game in Gmod.

Is there a way to fix this so I can pick up non-player props as a hunter. Frankly, the game isn't very fun without being able to do so.

Bonus question: when I shoot, it shoots twice inside of once and lowers my health by ten...can I fix it so it only shoots one bullet?
En son Zoos tarafından düzenlendi; 1 Tem 2014 @ 8:46
< >
11 yorumdan 1 ile 11 arası gösteriliyor
First off, this is on your own server correct? Secondly, is it a listen server or a dedicated server? Thirdly, this is just for more information for other people who have solutions since I have the same problem and have done the same solutions...
I actually have the exact same problem, as a hunter no props can be picked up. For me, it's my own server, not like an actually server though, just one of those temporary ones when you click start new game. I would really like a solution to this problem as well.
that doesnt help! we need this for the workshop version!
Well sorry bud, that's all I know.
Okay, I'm going to try and make this very descriptive so hopefully nobody will have question and have to search a lot like I did.
MidNiteGalaxy is correct, but there is much, much more that needs to be done in order for this to work. You have to download the file from the addon's website http://xspacesoft.github.io/PropHunt/ Once at the website, you should be able to download a tar.gz or .zip file. I just download the zip file because I am more familiar with them and some of the following information may not pertain to the tar.gz file. Once you download the file, extract it to an easily accessible location, often the desktop. Inside the extracted folder should be a gamemodes and sound folder along with some other files. Open up the gamemodes folder and move the prop_hunt folder to an easily accessible location. Move the fretta folder, found in the same gamemodes folder, into the gamemode folder THAT'S INSIDE THE PROP_HUNT FOLDER. Make sure that you're actually moving the fretta folder to the gamemode folder inside prop_hunt. Now, inside the main extracted folder, move the sound folder into the same folder you put the fretta in, the gamemode folder inside the prop_hunt folder. This next part is actually what fixes the issue with picking up props. Inside the prop_hunt>gamemode folder, there should be a lua file called init.lua. Open this with text document or some other document opener like text document. Press Ctrl+F to open up the search bar, and copy and paste GM:AllowPlayerPickup(player, entity) into the search bar (If this doesn't work, try narrowing the search by getting ride of the GM part or something). The full line should look like

function GM:AllowPlayerPickup(player, entity) return falseend

you want to replace the false in falseend to true, so it looks like trueend. Once you have done this, you should be able to move the whole prop_hunt folder into the GarrysMod>gamemodes folder and things should work.

I just figured this out myself, but it seems to work. If someone has problems with this tutorial, try and find a solution and comment so I can change my tutorial to help people with the same issue.
I didn't even have to do any adjustment of the function to allow player pickup. I just downloaded the gamemode, moved it into my gamemodes folder and it worked perfectly, and props can now be picked up.
İlk olarak soccerdude35 tarafından gönderildi:
Okay, I'm going to try and make this very descriptive so hopefully nobody will have question and have to search a lot like I did.
MidNiteGalaxy is correct, but there is much, much more that needs to be done in order for this to work. You have to download the file from the addon's website http://xspacesoft.github.io/PropHunt/ Once at the website, you should be able to download a tar.gz or .zip file. I just download the zip file because I am more familiar with them and some of the following information may not pertain to the tar.gz file. Once you download the file, extract it to an easily accessible location, often the desktop. Inside the extracted folder should be a gamemodes and sound folder along with some other files. Open up the gamemodes folder and move the prop_hunt folder to an easily accessible location. Move the fretta folder, found in the same gamemodes folder, into the gamemode folder THAT'S INSIDE THE PROP_HUNT FOLDER. Make sure that you're actually moving the fretta folder to the gamemode folder inside prop_hunt. Now, inside the main extracted folder, move the sound folder into the same folder you put the fretta in, the gamemode folder inside the prop_hunt folder. This next part is actually what fixes the issue with picking up props. Inside the prop_hunt>gamemode folder, there should be a lua file called init.lua. Open this with text document or some other document opener like text document. Press Ctrl+F to open up the search bar, and copy and paste GM:AllowPlayerPickup(player, entity) into the search bar (If this doesn't work, try narrowing the search by getting ride of the GM part or something). The full line should look like

you want to replace the false in falseend to true, so it looks like trueend. Once you have done this, you should be able to move the whole prop_hunt folder into the GarrysMod>gamemodes folder and things should work.

I just figured this out myself, but it seems to work. If someone has problems with this tutorial, try and find a solution and comment so I can change my tutorial to help people with the same issue.

I get a error when I start up prop hunt :(

En son Athomize tarafından düzenlendi; 27 Eki 2014 @ 16:16
İlk olarak Soccerdude35 tarafından gönderildi:

thank you so much it helped me but the only problem im having is i dont have a taunt D: i did what you told me to do i dragged the sound from the unzipped file into the gamemodes folder inside prop hunt where fretta is but i still dont have taunts :/
İlk olarak T.F.V.G StonyTeckdude tarafından gönderildi:

thank you so much it helped me but the only problem im having is i dont have a taunt D: i did what you told me to do i dragged the sound from the unzipped file into the gamemodes folder inside prop hunt where fretta is but i still dont have taunts :/

Make sure that the taunts go into your :gmod:server sound folder.
garrysmod\sound\taunts
There might be more than one folder (hunters/props) or some audio might not be in its own folder at all. Then make sure that the taunts are included in this file and their filepaths are correct:
garrysmod\gamemodes\prop_hunt\gamemode\sh_config.lua
Please bare in mind that this might have changed with updates, as my server has been running for about a year now. I dont always update the gamemodes because if they work and look good, there is no need to. :balloon: Hope that this helps

You, sir, are a hero to me <3
I've spent over 6 hours googling and trying to fix this issue and it was right here all along :)
Thank you so much!
< >
11 yorumdan 1 ile 11 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50