Torchlight II

Torchlight II

Your Torchlight II Transmutation Station
Here you can find mods that allow nearly unlimited customization of Torchlight II. Use the GUTS Editor to change almost any aspect of the game and share your creations with the community. Click here to learn more.
doudley 50 Jul 4, 2017 @ 1:52am
[Mod] Battle Log by *Yuki*
From *Yuki*:
Not sure if its possible, but may be cool optional enhancement to your mod, that show stats of enemies. What it does:
Basically, it show all damage dealt and casted skills by you and enemies around. Not sure, if it require additional space, or may be written as sort of system messages onto chat

I though about map enhancements either, but I really cant remember if tl2 already has big (e.g window where you can browse your current map) map (sounds weird, but I never used map in any other mode, than on middle right of screen) already, nor about possibility to add custom marks onto it on click, so - thats it
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
*Yuki* Jul 4, 2017 @ 8:50am 
subscribed to both threads, thx :D
doudley 50 Jul 4, 2017 @ 9:26am 
I will have to do some serious experimentation on this but what I can say right now, is that, Map is off limits in GUTS, it cannot be seen or be affected within the editor.
*Yuki* Jul 4, 2017 @ 10:51am 
Originally posted by doudley:
I will have to do some serious experimentation on this but what I can say right now, is that, Map is off limits in GUTS, it cannot be seen or be affected within the editor.
eeeh, thats sad.

But how people do mods, that show map in rectangle, then?
steffire3 9 Jul 4, 2017 @ 11:38am 
Originally posted by *Yuki*:
eeeh, thats sad.

Possible that the rectangle is seen as a UI feature (which can be changed) by the editor rather than the map itself if I understood Doudley correctly.
*Yuki* Jul 4, 2017 @ 1:11pm 
Originally posted by steffire3:
eeeh, thats sad.

Possible that the rectangle is seen as a UI feature (which can be changed) by the editor rather than the map itself if I understood Doudley correctly.
Got it.

But its still should be possible to make part of ui, accesible by clicking on button/icon, which will showcase map, you currently exist on, like in "on the middle of screen" mode. But you will also be able to zoom it out and in, as with minimap on corner. So - you will be able to view big (basically all locations between town and dungeons since act 2) maps completely, without cutting off them on sides (happen with said mode, when minimap displays stuff on middle of screen. As I understand - it happen when map reach invisible corners of its window/box/call it as you wish).
Also said window may contain legend (explaination of icons. E.g what mean deez stars, blue circles and all that. Overall - like UI help screen, but for map).

I have no idea, if I explained it somehow good, so... :D
*Yuki* Jul 4, 2017 @ 1:22pm 
TLDR:
If we will take torchlight's minimap in the mode, when its displayed on the middle of screen
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727891128
and add some ui elements around and buttons to scale it...
Then it will be look somehow like this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964509124

All features should be built-in in torchlight - its pure UI work
Last edited by *Yuki*; Jul 4, 2017 @ 1:24pm
doudley 50 Jul 4, 2017 @ 11:45pm 
eeeh, thats sad.

The circle to rectangle change is actually just a texture filter called automapmask.dds, easily done with a pixel editor, it had nothing to do with the UI elements.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50