Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Create and Discover New Worlds
Maps, Scenarios, Interface, and so much more. Explore the modding world of Civ V, and when you’re ready, download the SDK to create and upload your own.
Any modding ideas
I'm looking for some new ideas just toss them at me
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
I tried to do this myself, but it turns out I'm not very good at it. The idea I had was a civ led by Richard Nixon’s head.

Because Futuramas Earth is technically a Democracy, and Nixon's head is a very corrupt leader, I figured this civ should get bonuses to their spys and delegates.

I'm not sure about special units, but I do have some ideas for special buildings. Such as Mom's Friendly Robot Company. It replaces the factory, it does everything the factory does but better, but in addition to 1 coal, it also needs 1 oil. Or Planet Express. It Replaces the Caravansary or the Harbor, Land and sea trade routes originating from this city have a 100% increase in range and produce an additional 2 Gold when connecting to another civilization.

all of this is assuming that you watch futurama soooo... yeah

what do you think?
Archon Feb 12, 2017 @ 6:19am 
Mandalorian Civilization. Brotherhood of steel civilization.
Brotherhood of steel civilization already is a thing... Mandalorian Civilization sound cool though
Archon Feb 12, 2017 @ 9:34pm 
Originally posted by Little Nash Rambler:
Brotherhood of steel civilization already is a thing...
need a maxon brotherhood. current one is broken too.
fair enough... i like the sabine pic btw
Dirtmonkey 78 Feb 13, 2017 @ 4:46am 
@Little Nash Rambler Civilizations aren't really my thing but I am working on an empire civilization headed by palpatine, so when I'm finished that I can start on a mandalore civ headed by Sabine
Archon Feb 13, 2017 @ 9:00am 
Originally posted by Dirtmonkey:
@Little Nash Rambler Civilizations aren't really my thing but I am working on an empire civilization headed by palpatine, so when I'm finished that I can start on a mandalore civ headed by Sabine
It'd have more playability if it was headed by a generic Mandalore
Dirtmonkey 78 Feb 13, 2017 @ 12:01pm 
Originally posted by Player 1:

I'd make it a more recognizable character. Maybe Boba Fett?
Archon Feb 13, 2017 @ 12:51pm 

Canderous ordo or jango fett would work, as both are well known and have led mandalorians.
Dirtmonkey 78 Feb 13, 2017 @ 1:38pm 

Canderous ordo or jango fett would work, as both are well known and have led mandalorians.

Jango is a no becasue he isnt that important to mandalorians on a whole. Canderous is a Great idea beacuse he plays a crucial part in the history of mandalore. But im not sure if he would be recognizable to most.
I can't speak for anyone else but I know I wouldn't mind a generic mandalor. Also, how long does it take you to make a Civ mod? Also also also, do you maybe know anyone else who may be willing to create a futurama mod?
Dirtmonkey 78 Feb 13, 2017 @ 2:22pm 
Originally posted by Little Nash Rambler:
I can't speak for anyone else but I know I wouldn't mind a generic mandalor. Also, how long does it take you to make a Civ mod? Also also also, do you maybe know anyone else who may be willing to create a futurama mod?

it depends on the mod, for example i could make you a new building that uses civ 5 art assets in about 10 minutes. ive only ever made 1 civ before and im still debugging that one so i cant say for certain how long it will take. as i improve it will get quicker but for now i would say as long as 4-5 hours to make a good civ.
Glintbeastwood Feb 14, 2017 @ 12:02am 
could hav a mod for civilization 5 or 6 that adds the europeon union as a civ and hav Jean Claude Juncker as its leadder.
Last edited by Glintbeastwood; Feb 14, 2017 @ 12:05am
Northlander Apr 2, 2017 @ 9:15pm 
Could you make a mod that lets me watch enemy units move through my territory? Getting annoyed at barbarians not letting me know where they are until they've moved in range of a city or start pillaging!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Feb 10, 2017 @ 8:59pm