Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Voel jij je geroepen?
Maak en deel nieuwe voorwerpen (zoals hoeden, wapens, badges, laarzen en meer) die mogelijk in het echte spel worden opgenomen. Klik hier voor meer informatie.
Need some help getting Items in game. Please Help.
I have Maya and I know how to make a basic polygon model. I haven't learned uv wrapping or texturing just yet, but im getting to that chapter soon. That I got down. What do I do from there? I read post saying well I need to get the SDK, but which one? Especially since a new SDK came out on gitHub. Also post say I need to get a paint program like gimp or PS. Ok, is there like a plugin I need for maya for that or a special file format? Then let say I finish that well how do I get my model into game or test it in the SDK?

A step by step guide or a link to a post or blog, something simple not to technical would really help. And I have been to the source/valve wiki and it is just to technical/messy for me to follow. Some of the post I have searched for are outdated methods. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
< >
1-2 van 2 reacties weergegeven
If you were working with blender, we got a whole steam group dedicated to it, but you're working with maya so you're gonna have to rely on autdesk's help files and community.

the SDK is in steam itself.
LIbrary -> Tools -> Source SDK

for the plugins and stuff look at this.
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Maya

for a guide to importing, check this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=148063940

finally an ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL THING TO LOOK UP when doing models is TOPOLOGY and EDGE FLOW- these things can make or break the prettiness of your models.
Hey, really appreciate the help. Thnx. I found that blender community and joined up. And might give that a try again. I had tried using that first, but had no idea what the terminology meant. But now I got a good understanding of modeling. Doesn't hurt to know more than one modeling program. But Im definitely going to apply this help to my maya program. Again, thanx for the help.
< >
1-2 van 2 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 6 okt 2013 om 14:30
Aantal berichten: 2