Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
New Sentry Idea
Hey guys! What do you think about idea to introduce new sentry for engineer firing with compression blast? It might be useful to protect another sentry from soldier's rocket or enemy's pyro for example? Of course it needs laborious balance analysis during development, but I think it may be possible since mini-sentry was introduced.
Well, how would you like that? And if you think that it's will not be possible or balance system will be crashed - please argue. It's very interesting to read community opinion abot that.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
InfinityAmmo Aug 19, 2014 @ 7:40am 
nice idea
InfinityAmmo Aug 19, 2014 @ 7:40am 
nice idea
Leylana Aug 19, 2014 @ 7:43am 
i think the airblast sentry could be balanced. they could make it that it doesn't launch people into the air leting a spy still be able to get close to it and put a sapper on it and people could still use normal guns on it because airblast doesn't deflect bullets. i think it would be an awesome addition to the game.
Last edited by Leylana; Aug 19, 2014 @ 7:57am
Pavel B. Novikov Aug 19, 2014 @ 9:00am 
Originally posted by Awesomeguy145:
they could make it
Not 'they' - we :) Source SDK is opensource, so i could take a look at it, build and propose prototype.

Originally posted by Awesomeguy145:
that it doesn't launch people into the air leting a spy still be able to get close to it and put a sapper
let spies use theirs masquerade. I think that they should be forced to avoid airblast sentry the same way as they already avoid usual sentries. At the other hand, IMHO airblast sentry must juggle people to protect team base facilities and existing buildings from scouts, soldiers and pyros. Otherwise it could be applied only for rocket defence. It seems a little bit.. hm.. uninteresting.

IMHO introducing airblast sentry will make team to sacrifice one more engineer making him maintain airblast sentry and the other team will be forced to use spies and snipers more widely.
Cause now battle is often turned to rush and meat on many servers. People do the assault and dont pay proper attention for support classes.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 19, 2014 @ 3:15am