Steam Greenlight
How are developers in Japan supposed to submit to Greenlight?
Since the change to Japanese yen pricing yesterday, Greenlight submission fees can no longer be paid as no one bothered to set a yen price for it. Are you going to fix that Valve or do you no longer want Japanese developers submitting games?
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 23 comentarii
Graeme 20 aug. 2014 la 18:28 
You could use the American or European website to purchase the games, I don't believe there is any area restriction on Greenlight donations, though I would double check.
Postat inițial de Graeme- Coarse Gentleman:
You could use the American or European website to purchase the games, I don't believe there is any area restriction on Greenlight donations, though I would double check.
Do not recommend that.. it make not look right

@OP connect support and let them know its likely to be a bug of some type
Yeah... the only answer support gave was:

Support for Greenlight is found in the Greenlight Developer Discussions - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/greenlightbeta/discussions

Answers to common questions can be found in the Greenlight FAQ - http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/about/?appid=765§ion=faq

So no help there.
Try submitting a support ticket. Would be far more useful than posting in a random forum where the only replies you'll get are from other people who can't help you.
Satoru 21 aug. 2014 la 6:50 
Postat inițial de wilco64256:
Try submitting a support ticket. Would be far more useful than posting in a random forum where the only replies you'll get are from other people who can't help you.

I think posting in the Steamworks Discussion would be a better bet.
Postat inițial de wilco64256:

if you read my post right above yours, you'll see I did. The response was to post here. Well, more specifically, it was to post in a forum that you cannot access without paying the submission fee.
So by "post here" you mean "post somewhere else". OK, good to know.
Editat ultima dată de C0untzer0; 21 aug. 2014 la 14:15
Postat inițial de C0untzer0:
So by "post here" you mean "post somewheree else". OK, good to know.

All right, Mr. Smarty pants. How would YOU post in a forum that states "This group is private. Please sign-in to view the group content", when you cannot pay the submission fee that grants access?
Try submitting another ticket and clarify your problem. Obviously whoever answered you misunderstood what was the actuall issue.
Mention that you need actuall contact and that redirections to other places doesn't help.
Postat inițial de Chika Ogiue:
All right, Mr. Smarty pants. How would YOU post in a forum that states "This group is private. Please sign-in to view the group content", when you cannot pay the submission fee that grants access?
If you mean the SteamWorks Group you can get in from making an account on the Steamworks site if i am not wrong..
As you can maybe see i do not even have Greenlight access at these time, and i am in that group, i did just signup on the SteamWorks site, and as you are going to be a Dev any way i think you need to do it, so i recommend signup to there then i think you can join the group..
Postat inițial de Black Blade (card rain):
If you mean the SteamWorks Group you can get in from making an account on the Steamworks site if i am not wrong..
As you can maybe see i do not even have Greenlight access at these time, and i am in that group, i did just signup on the SteamWorks site, and as you are going to be a Dev any way i think you need to do it, so i recommend signup to there then i think you can join the group..
No he is talking about the Greenlight dev forum.

He mentions it here:
Support for Greenlight is found in the Greenlight Developer Discussions - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/greenlightbeta/discussions
Postat inițial de GorlomSwe:
No he is talking about the Greenlight dev forum.

He mentions it here:
O ok thanks for clearing that
Motoki 22 aug. 2014 la 6:04 
You guys telling her to contact support have clearly never dealt with 'support' here for anything that requires the assistance of a real (not outsourced) Valve employee...
Postat inițial de Motoki:
You guys telling her to contact support have clearly never dealt with 'support' here for anything that requires the assistance of a real (not outsourced) Valve employee...
Well as my own i can tell you that is not true, connected more then once abut things like that over my time, and got the help i needed, or the simple truth that it cant be helped
Postat inițial de Motoki:
Yes, clearly they should ask random strangers rather than trying to find people with the privileges to help her.
< >
Se afișează 1-15 din 23 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50

Data postării: 20 aug. 2014 la 18:27
Postări: 23