Please don't initiate a trade with me if I don't already know what you're looking for (If it was through a trade website, that is fine; but please chat first if it's an offer over 10 minutes old). And for fuck sakes don't trade if we agree to a deal in chat and then in the trade box, offer something of "similar value," like the jackass mentioned below. I will not waste my time bullshitting you, I expect you not to waste your time bullshitting me. I'm fine with negotiation but don't use the trade box to do so.
Also, please don't add me if you are giving me an offer, use the trade site. Do not use adjectives to describe what it is your offering (i.e. "sweets", "a strange weapon"). Instead tell me what it is you're offering.
Basically, only add me if you're paying me EXACTLY what I asked for or we have already discussed externally through other sites. Do not add if you would like 1 more reclaimed or whatever for your item. Open up your own trade listing if thats the case. Like this guy: (Pic coming)
The Ten Commandments of Trading
Basically a summary of above. These rules only apply to trading.
1. If I am offline or out for an unknown period of time, please leave a comment of what you were interested in. That way when I return and talk to you, you don't ask me what the hell I want.
2. While chatting, get to the damn point (No "will you take a strange weapon?"; Don't ask if I'll accept your offer if all you tell me is that "it's a strange weapon.")
3. Thou shalt not add me if you don't like a trade listing I put up. (Seems obvious...or so I thought.)
4. Thou shalt not mindlessly offer me something. If I wanted whatever item, I'd probably have it.
5. Thou shalt not attempt to justify a price by using any type of website.
6. Thou shalt not agree to a deal in chat and then in the trade window put up something you consider "of similar value"
7. Don't search my backpack in order to find something you want.
8. I'll never need to trade for Steam Games. I'll just wait until it's cheap.
9. Trade notes are meant to be read before you come here..
10. Trade offers (that is, crap I'm receiving for any of my items) are to be kept on other websites, profiles, pony express mail, anywhere except the actual trade window.
This list is subject to change without reason.
If I reply to you with a series of number(s), this is what they mean.
The extra crap:
11. I don't accept trades if I don't have a reasonable expectation of what I'm trading AND what I'm trading for.
12. Don't add me to specifically ask for free stuff.