Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Steam Community > Detaliile subiectului
Acest topic a fost închis
Locked out of the market?
I bought a 50$ prepaid visa to pick up a few sale games, and then spend the rest in the market, but now I'm locked out for a week? That is complete crap, I mostly wanted to buy and trade items related to the x-mas event going on, on steam, but now I can't even spend my money until the day before its all over... Does anyone know if there is a way to remove this block? Would steam support do anything about it? (bad experiences with them in the past) Or, ITT: we complain
< >
Se afișează 1-14 din 14 comentarii
Not really
I will guess you got the 7 days for adding a new payment or login from a new pc or something?
if u change ur payment method in steam especially with new credit card number they lock u out!! sorry it sucks i know it happened to me too!!
its because people spamed it in the past like bots
Postat inițial de Liquid Trouble:
I bought a 50$ prepaid visa to pick up a few sale games, and then spend the rest in the market, but now I'm locked out for a week? That is complete crap, I mostly wanted to buy and trade items related to the x-mas event going on, on steam, but now I can't even spend my money until the day before its all over... Does anyone know if there is a way to remove this block? Would steam support do anything about it? (bad experiences with them in the past) Or, ITT: we complain
You have to wait 7 days. There's no way to accelerate this process, let alone remove it!

Newly added payment method Only items and games that are purchased with trusted payment methods can be traded immediately; otherwise there is a 7 day cool down before they can be traded. The Steam Community Market will also be unavailable during the cooldown. Any payment method that has been used on the account more than 7 days ago is considered trusted.
It really is inconvenient, and I can't believe there's still no neon sign complete with ringtone of the above warning you about this right before you commit the heinous crime that is adding a new payment method. As it stands now, unsuspecting Steam users feel they are ambushed with a irrevocable 7-day trading ban.

Depending on their country of residence, many Steam users are able to add funds to their Steam Wallet directly via their bank account (online banking: no Wallet Codes, Cards etc. needed). This isn't considered a newly added payment method and won't trigger a 7-day restriction. And a pop-up, or something in that vein, of the above — no matter how tiny — would be super handy.
Quarex 27 dec. 2013 la 15:35 
Yeah this definitely sucks when you are an obviously legitimate Steam customer who ends up locked out until the end of the sale and thus unable to buy cards while they are available. Lame.
this just happened to me and i am absolutely livid. i have made 200+ transactions while verified and to get locked out because i used a gift card is rediculous.
This is some absolute bs. No vac bans, never got in trouble for hacking, scamming, fraud, etc. and have never been hacked yet Steam still regards me as untrustworthy when I add funds with a pre-paid visa. Absolute garbage....
Editat ultima dată de guts' theme (Cut & Looped); 27 dec. 2013 la 16:11
Happened to me last month.

Tech support gave the generic we-can't-do-anything response. I replied with a link to a forum reply from six months ago where an employee overturned someone's "ban." Their second response was two sentences and rather rude.

But hey, I'm just a nine year customer with over 650 games. I can certainly understand why a $10.00 credit to my Steam Wallet would block me from the market, yet allow me to use the same funding source to spend hundreds on games... :commandervideo:
ok want to add a new level of lame! ive been with steam really almost 15 years !! since shortly after the original Half-life game came out!!! but they have there stupid policys ok i try and deal with it!! but this one today is just stupid and no reason for it!! recently added paypal as a way of paying for games etc and have purchased two games already with that method!!! no penalty there but i use same method to add $10.00 us dollars too my account and get locked out of market for a week!!! please let some moderater try and answer this stupid crap !! please!!!
hextrevert--- i just want to add the paypal account is a direct payment out of my checking account so ur explanation does not appear to be true either!!
Postat inițial de SpeedClown:
ok want to add a new level of lame! ive been with steam really almost 15 years !! since shortly after the original Half-life game came out!!! but they have there stupid policys ok i try and deal with it!! but this one today is just stupid and no reason for it!! recently added paypal as a way of paying for games etc and have purchased two games already with that method!!! no penalty there but i use same method to add $10.00 us dollars too my account and get locked out of market for a week!!! please let some moderater try and answer this stupid crap !! please!!!

Sounds odd, sure you did not use a defrent account or got locked out for something else?

Any how i really do not think you need to add it to someone else post
SpeedClown 23 febr. 2014 la 10:09 
its not odd and i added it here first and then made a new post of it because as i thought sream would lock out the new post!!!!!! They did lock out new post! i did not use a new account and it is why the lockout was put on!! no other reason!! i have been a loyal Steam supporter for along time but im concerned about Seam and valves abilty to completely lock me out from all my games in the furure! going to do some digging around and try and find out exactly what they can do , even though my games are alll registered!! im betting they can completely lock us all out for good if they want to!!
Postat inițial de SpeedClown:
its not odd and i added it here first and then made a new post of it because as i thought sream would lock out the new post!!!!!! They did lock out new post! i did not use a new account and it is why the lockout was put on!! no other reason!! i have been a loyal Steam supporter for along time but im concerned about Seam and valves abilty to completely lock me out from all my games in the furure! going to do some digging around and try and find out exactly what they can do , even though my games are alll registered!! im betting they can completely lock us all out for good if they want to!!
they can... but they will do it only if you do something really really bad
JTacos 17 ian. 2016 la 20:24 
♥♥♥♥♥♥ priks blocked me to yesterday i added 20 bucks to my steam wallet to spend on the market from my prepaid 50$ credit card and today i added the rest to my steam wallet rite after i do that i get blocked for a week i have to wait until the 22nd to use my money that i worked for if i knew this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ was gonna happen i would have spent it somewhere else
< >
Se afișează 1-14 din 14 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50

Toate discuțiile > Forumuri Steam > Steam Community > Detaliile subiectului
Data postării: 25 dec. 2013 la 8:40
Postări: 14