chaz 14. mai 2014 kl. 12.54
Down time discussion!
So hey gamers of Steam!

Something recently got my attention, probably since it hasn't really bothered me since I just go grab my guitar and play while it's down, but is anyone experiencing more down time than usual on Steam?

I've been playing a lot of competitive mode on CS:GO lately, only to realize that some of the games I'm lagging out. At first I thought it was my terrible ISP going down or my connection point between my router and modem breaking again, but it wasn't. I realized that everyone else on my friends list went offline as well, and upon asking a few I got the response I was assuming they'd give me; Steam was actually down. This started happening quite a lot over a course of a month or so, which in honest reality let's face it. Servers will never always be up, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I don't mind all the down time, I think it actually encourages users of Steam to take a nice walk outside or something.

This however, geniunely surprised me as I remember way back when I first made a Steam account (which was hacked to oblivion) Steam was never really down, but this is has started to happen a lot more. Any ideas as to what's up? I mean it doesn't really bother me since it feels so routine, I try to avoid going into long lasting games like competitive on CS:GO or a zombies match on Black OPS II when Steam normally goes down for me and my friends, but I wish Valve would install some kind of plugin that warns you when servers will be down.

If I'm missing something here like a notification option to turn on so I can see when maintenance will happen or something, or I need to follow Steam on Twitter to see posts or something, please direct me! It'd be pretty helpful.

Other than that, what's up with you guys? What do you think of Steam going down so much recently? Please no trolly comments! I want to see your genuine thoughts, like what do you do when Steam servers go down for you?
< >
Viser 14 av 4 kommentarer
Black Blade 14. mai 2014 kl. 13.57 
Well i think it really started.. when Steam jump from abut 6M active users to 7.5M active users in the sale when they give free L4D2
And i guess Valve just did not pick up to the number yet...
But in the end we do not really know as Valve has a policy to keep silent on things like these.. well on most things any way...
But on any way i do think there working on it... and i do think i see it really less now than before.. so maybe there trying to get up from the numbers or maybe there moving server? or maybe there attacked :/ guess we may never know...

And Valve dose not really announce there down time no more
NoOne 14. mai 2014 kl. 14.06 
Steam Store on Hiatus for me again tnite..shame I'd have bought a game, oh well back to Dark Souls.

Sort it out Steam for crying out loud !! :KOh:
chaz 14. mai 2014 kl. 14.24 
Not sure for anyone else but it normally happens to me from around 3:30 PM - 10:00 PM
Eastern Time Zone
UTC-5
:) 18. juni 2014 kl. 2.27 
PAGE DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE.
WE ARE USING SOPHISTICATED TOOLS TO BRING IT UP ASAP what to do man ;C
< >
Viser 14 av 4 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 14. mai 2014 kl. 12.54