Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Community > Подробности за темата
Тази тема е заключена
Early Access Games
Why exactly are so many alpha games on steam? Are people getting bored so quickly with their finished games that they want to play a dozen unfinished games imbetween releases?
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 23 коментара
Don' like it, don't buy it. Let everyone else buy what they want.

Please use the search function next time.
How is this even something to get annoyed about? LOL!
O god sooo many EAG i mean there is a full 131 game :O

Source

And it just become a new thing.. and really there is not that many... so why you keep saying like these is that much?
I think the early access games are good and should be on steam
Първоначално публикувано от Ethellem:
I think the early access games are good and should be on steam

I agree. Whilst I may not currently like any of them personally, I value the competition.... plus one day there may be one for me.
I've only purchased two "alpha" games and so far I don't have any complaints. I see what you're saying, but at the same time if people want to buy unfinished games it should be their option to do so. If you don't support unfinished games, just pass them up for the time being.
Install Enhanced Steam (for Chrome, FF, Opera), set it to hide Early Access. Works a treat.
I should clarify, I am just asking "why" there are so many. Not asking them to be removed. Many of these early release are still in conceptual development not even testing stage.
Първоначално публикувано от Grizzly Summoner:
I should clarify, I am just asking "why" there are so many. Not asking them to be removed. Many of these early release are still in conceptual development not even testing stage.

can you give example of a game that is in early access that cant be tested right now cause im pretty sure you are wrong about that. If the game can be launched and played in any form than that is testing. ive yet to see a early access game that you just buy and then cant do anything with at all
Последно редактиран от α PIRATEorNINJA Ω; 8 март 2014 в 14:14
The guy is just plain whining with no real complaint so I wouldn't try to make sense of it if I were you.
by testing I mean bug reporting with most functions in place. Not just 10% of your total product available. Look at Starforge forums...
Първоначално публикувано от Grizzly Summoner:
by testing I mean bug reporting with most functions in place. Not just 10% of your total product available. Look at Starforge forums...

starforge is the worst of the wosrt and needs to be removed tottally just cause they dont do jack with it. BUT it still is in testing form. i own the game and it can be played and bug reporting takes place on forums of both steam and their own forums for the games website. in fact quite a lot of these games have their own forums and steam forums for bug reporting.

are you saying you expect to have bug reporting built into the game itself? that does happen but its pretty rare to be honest. ive been in hundreds of alphas and betas over the years and usually only the larger devs can implement that kind of feature into alpha/beta.

but the % of product available really has no impact on testing function so im not sure what you are getting at with that statement either.
why do you want to play an unfinished product, where you have to pay for bugs. also, playing a game before its released, doesnt that make you bored of it before its out? oh, look at me, i play this game a whole year before its released! yaay, its released!! theres nothing new to explore!!! just saying.
Първоначално публикувано от 3rc Jeruzalem:
why do you want to play an unfinished product, where you have to pay for bugs. also, playing a game before its released, doesnt that make you bored of it before its out? oh, look at me, i play this game a whole year before its released! yaay, its released!! theres nothing new to explore!!! just saying.

you get the game cheaper so that usually appeals to everyone (few games dont give discoutn but most do)
and some people (obviously not you) like to get a sneak peek behind the scenes and see a game grow and change and get a chance to help with the games development by suggesting features and reporting bugs. GOOD devs listen to players and form the game around the feedback they recieve. 7 days to die is a great example of this, they have been on early access for only some months and they have done HUGE updates with tons of content. one of their huge updates has more fixes and content in it than some other games get in a whole year or more.
some games i have bought only to get the cheap price and i dont play them till they are out of early access. betrayer isa good example, it was very playable during Early access but i chose to wait so i can have the full experience when it is complete which was announced today they finished work and will release final update to come out of early access on the 24th of this month. i did play it twice just to see what it looked like and i was impressed and glad i bought it early
Последно редактиран от α PIRATEorNINJA Ω; 8 март 2014 в 15:21
i bought sins of a solar empire rebellion as early access, but that is just about the only game i know that comes from a reliable developer that had much success with earlier sins games. but all these indie developers...can you really trust a pair of wanabee developers to know how to provide a good game? its only like this, that they need early access for EARLY FUNDING, so you basically pay for an idea, and trust that money with amateurs to give you the game they promise.

with ea games, whenever they release a new game, and its crap, then they can lose millions on shareholders which happened with battlefield 4. but a tiny small group of developers without any fame, they got nothing to lose. steam certainly wont be giving your money back, the developer wont give your money back, so the only thing you have left, is that you need to trust, a bunch of amateurs, to provide the game.

as you said previously, starforge is a great example of how early access can be used to gather money and not doing good on providing a game. its already in alpha for 2 years, with every patch, nothing but bugs come into the game. they keep adding features, but do nothing to make the game better, more stable.
Последно редактиран от Jeruzalem; 8 март 2014 в 15:27
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 23 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Steam Community > Подробности за темата
Дата на публикуване: 8 март 2014 в 10:13
Публикации: 23