Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam Community > Dettagli della discussione
Any good in depth racing sims?
Basically I love Forza and Gran Turismo for consoles, but I sold my consoles because I hardly played them since the majority of games I have are on pc.

Are there any racing sim games for pc with the depth of engine customization and amount of cars that these two games have. I don't want a sim game that only has 50 cars or only Ferrari's. I like tweaking the engine for a car and racing it on the track and having a large selection of cars to choose from. I do have Need for Speed Shift 1 and 2, Grid 1 and 2, and Dirt 3. Is this as good as I can get?
Ultima modifica da hatchet5891; 31 gen 2014, ore 13:58
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 17
assetto corsa is in-depth but has very, very few cars relative to those games. they're each exceptional & though io nly play with a gamepad, its 'feel' is by far the best of any game ive tried yet. i woulld highly suggest giving it a good look, as i felt it was worth it despite the small collection. the modelling, physics, & attention to detail are unrivalled; if they can settle the AI & find time to properly take use of the dx11 engine theyre using it could be a fantastic game.

but i would also like to see a more accessible, forza-type game for PC. bought shift2 in hopes it could be decent facscimile but ive already broken it w/ mods all of 2 days in...great looking game though, at least...

i think we will have to wait for project cars (due, supposedly, in the fall), which will be best of the bunch from a gfx perspective & from my impression should have or be capable of modding in prettty much any car you can think of.
Ok I will check that game out and I will keep an eye on project cars for when it releases.

I'm surprised that the pc doesn't have more racing sim games close to Forza and Gran Turismo. I would think the pc would be an even better platform than consoles for these types of games.
iRacing. You cannot get any more in depth than that.
It looks awesome, I just wish it had more cars. I might give it a try though, thank you.
Messaggio originale di hatchet5891:
It looks awesome, I just wish it had more cars. I might give it a try though, thank you.
The reason it has so few cars is because they actually disassemble them all manually and laser scan all of the parts. They also make sure that all of the specifications including the way they handle, their power and so on is spot on as it is with the real car. The same goes for all of the tracks as well, they are all laser scanned from the real life tracks for pin point accuracy.

You will not find a more realistic racing sim anywhere and the level of professionalism in the community is paramount. There are actually consequences for hitting people, crashing and so on, it's like real racing. It's not Gran Turismo or a Forza where everyone is crashing into each other and trolling.

P.S. Make sure you have a wheel, this is not something you want to play with a controller.
Ultima modifica da nya[dc]; 1 feb 2014, ore 13:44
Wow! I will definitely look into getting that then. Are they continuing to add more cars to it too? I planned on buying a steering wheel which was why I was looking for a better racing game than the ones I currently have.
You should also look up Rfactor
http://rfactor.net/
Ultima modifica da blaze; 1 feb 2014, ore 14:20
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm downloading the demo for it now.
Messaggio originale di hatchet5891:
Wow! I will definitely look into getting that then. Are they continuing to add more cars to it too? I planned on buying a steering wheel which was why I was looking for a better racing game than the ones I currently have.
They have an updating schedule which I believe is ever 3 months, they are constantly improving things and adding to the sim, it just takes time and it's difficult work.
Another good Simulator that should be coming out this year is Project Cars, make sure to check that one out to.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/234630

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169055210
Ultima modifica da blaze; 1 feb 2014, ore 14:30
That trailer is amazing. That just may be a day one purchase and that is saying a lot cause I don't normally do that.
Messaggio originale di -Blaze:
Another good Simulator that should be coming out this year is Project Cars, make sure to check that one out to.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/234630

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169055210
Project Cars is still going to be an arcade sim like Forza, Gran Turismo and Need for Speed Shift, it's actually made by the developers of the Shift games. It should be a great GAME but I wouldn't look at it as a sim.
iracing is considered the best racing sim out there. new cars and tracks are always being built, to the same attention to detail as when the actual cars were developed. i reckon T10 should consider bringing the Forza franchise to PC though
Sadly all the great racing games are on console and the developers refuse for some reason to port them to PC.
Ultima modifica da Chris; 2 feb 2014, ore 18:04
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 17
Per pagina: 1530 50

Tutte le discussioni > Discussioni di Steam > Steam Community > Dettagli della discussione
Data di pubblicazione: 31 gen 2014, ore 13:57