Will Linux ever replace Windows as a viable alternative? Can it be done?
Microsoft has a practical and a realistic monopoly on the Operating System of every desktop in the world except for a few that run on Linux. I have heard little and read even less about the upcoming Steambox that supposedly runs on Linux. I wonder if it is true? and if so will this OS ever be a potential alternative for serious gamers and by serious I mean anyone who has close to 200 or more games on Steam , Origin, Games for Windows Live or anyother of these game managers Steam of course is the easiest and safest to use IMAO. I don't really like the idea of the Steambox because with a gaming rig you build with your own two hands you have more control over what is in it and how much it costs , what it can do , how well it performs and you can learn how to make it better or upgrade it at will. Steambox sounds like a console on steroids , I could be wrong but who can tell until it actually comes out. What do you , Steam community , know about this issue? reading all these posts under mine , things do not look so bright.
Laatst bewerkt door Buzzerker; 12 apr 2014 om 14:54
< >
1-5 van 5 reacties weergegeven
Tools and Servers> it says it above it is the correct place for it. Linux being a tool and I forgot about it until you put your post up. if I put it where you suggest it will be generalized and not specific. So what does it matter anyway ? It seemed important at the time , (I will probably get banned for posting this ) , but now it does not seem so important as it will probably take many years for it to happen and I think Microsoft would try to stop it in some way if it was perceived to impose on the 'virtual' monopoly they currently enjoy.. Maybe a completely new form will emerge better than both Windows and Linux, who can say?
Laatst bewerkt door Buzzerker; 30 mei 2014 om 7:39
I have seen your handle many times , are you a moderator of some sort ? Do you have anything to do with the Linux OS?
why don't u post one. You sound like you think you know something so share it. I'm just some dumb ass for you to correct.
so quit correcting me and wasting time and post something
constructive.
Oh ok , so its the drivers , HA , I never would have guessed it. Thank you for your post it was polite of you.
Laatst bewerkt door Buzzerker; 2 jun 2014 om 8:36
< >
1-5 van 5 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 12 apr 2014 om 14:51
Aantal berichten: 5